4.0 out of 5 stars Wealth Building 101
This is the 1 book that every beginning investor and high school student should read. The author shows the average person the 9 rules he or she needs to follow to build wealth steadily and safely. He shows how he did it through self-discipline, index funds and asset allocation. Start young, pay off your debts and invest, invest, invest. The "Opportunity After Chaos"...
Published on Oct. 27 2011 by James Lor

3.0 out of 5 stars Good investor, but I don't know if I would like the individual
The first chapters sounded like common sense. They were not realistic considering that many people have children, emotions and recognize that prestige outweighs long term financial investments. I found a summary that would make the need of purchasing the book ( thus saving your money ) unnecessary :

Rule 1 : Spend like you want to grow rich, which means...
Published on Nov. 21 2012 by Harbinger

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 59 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Millionaire Teacher, Jan. 4 2012
This review is from: Millionaire Teacher: The Nine Rules of Wealth You Should Have Learned in School (Paperback)
An indispensable read for anyone new or not 100% informed on the ways of the stock market. This book allows you to achieve more results with less time, while being in control of your own finances and accounts.

I had the pleasure of knowing Andrew Hallam as a teacher during my high school years 10 years ago. He had always inspired me in athletics and fitness, and I wondered where he had ended up. When I heard he had written a book, I immediately ordered two copies (should have ordered a few more) and read the easy layout quickly.

This book has renewed my interest in the stock market, and I believe I will look back on the information I learnt as a financial pillar of success.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple to understand with loads of information, Jan. 30 2014
This book has many ear marked pages now that I've finished it! It's a good book for beginner to intermediate investors & those wanting to know where to start. I read this over a week or so, took in an abundance of information & it reiterated what many books have said before it. Start early, save & forget about trading & financial planners! It shows you how to go about monitoring your own investment (once a year) & stresses the ease at which money can grow given time & regular deposits into the appropriate fund.
Give it a read! There wasn't anything useless about this book even for the more advanced investor....it's a reminder & step back to when managing money was easy!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Introduction to Personal Finance, Jan. 31 2015
Justin (Vancouver, Canada) - See all my reviews
This was the first book I read about personal investing, something that is oddly not taught about in Business School. Written specifically for those people who don’t know A SINGLE THING ABOUT FINANCE, this book I would recommend everybody to read.

You learn about the deception of mutual funds and Andrew provides actionable steps to start building a million-dollar portfolio using stock index funds and bond index funds. What was great about this book is that he provided steps for Canadian investors as well.

Right after reading this book I opened up a Tax Free Savings Account (TFSA) at TD Bank and started investing in the same portfolio Andrew recommends

4.0 out of 5 stars Inclusive Learner, Feb. 26 2014
I am thrilled about the content of this publication but disappointed that a teacher would not of insisted that his product be geared to inclusive learning. I am if you please a teacher who is dyslexic and I was pleased to find the book on cd however I would of loved to have received copies of the charts that are referred to throughout the oral presentation. When the reader is referring to the charts I suddenly feel lost and that I am not being given privy to the full scope of information, even though I paid more for the audio version. That being said I think this product is a good investment and would make a great graduation gift for any student.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to read, understand, and put into action!, Oct. 13 2014
I was surprised at how quickly I read through this book and was able to start making SMART changes to my investment choices. I can't believe how naive I was before reading this book! Andrew lays out simple, easy to follow steps on how to build an indexed fund (and avoid hidden fees!!) in Canada, US, Austrailia, and Singapore. He fully explains the reasoning behind his strategy and backs it up by quotes from financial experts like Warren Buffet and nobel prize winning economists. He also shares his own personal experiences/stories, including examples of when he made poor investment choices so that you, the reader, can learn from them!

5.0 out of 5 stars Everyone who is not rich should really read this book!, Nov. 4 2013
This book should be compulsory in High School, the reader doesn't need any special knowledge or background, also the book has an easy and conversational tone. The author gives the outline of a very stable wealth-building strategy, and also explains how it is in the interest of the banks and their financial experts to keep the index funds strategy a secret because they make almost nothing from index fund investments (which is part of why they are the best way to get rich). If you buy this book, definitely pass it along to someone you think would also appreciate being rich.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent ideas here., Sept. 7 2014
Ualaa - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
The writing is clear and concise, and the concepts are easy to understand. The authors writing style is engaging and I've found myself reading past my bed time on several occasions.

His rules include:
* Spending less than you earn.
* Use indexed stocks as an investment tool.
* Take advantage of compound interest.
* A percentage (which changes with age) of your portfolio should be in bonds.

The 'couch potato' method on redistributing your portfolio makes a lot of sense to me.

4.0 out of 5 stars Summary - Invest in index funds!, March 4 2014
The whole book seems to excessively elaborate on the nature and importance of index fund investing. In other words, Hallam essentially repeats the same investment principle until he ended up with enough pages to write a book! Nonetheless, Hallam seems genuine and honest in his quest to help new investors, and this book explains investment principles in a manner anyone can understand. Especially valuable for people in their 20s - how to invest safely & smartly for retirement!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book!, Feb. 14 2012
I have read several finance books, I follow several financial blogs, and this is the first book that helped me understand the best way to invest, and why. Everyone should read this book, regardless of age. And if you're reading this and thinking money doesn't interest you, or you don't feel like putting any thought into investing, that you would rather leave that to your advisor, please read this book! I am really glad I did.

5.0 out of 5 stars I wish I had read this book 30 years ago..., Nov. 25 2012
Of course, the book wasn't written then, but - definitely one of the "must reads" dealing with investing your money. Clearly explained, compellingly written with plenty of references, provides a road map to maximizing your investment returns while minimizing your exposure to fees that line other people's pockets and reduce your investment's performance. Without a doubt, this should be required reading in school!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 59 | Next ›