4.0 out of 5 stars Wealth Building 101
This is the 1 book that every beginning investor and high school student should read. The author shows the average person the 9 rules he or she needs to follow to build wealth steadily and safely. He shows how he did it through self-discipline, index funds and asset allocation. Start young, pay off your debts and invest, invest, invest. The "Opportunity After Chaos"...
Published on Oct. 27 2011 by James Lor

3.0 out of 5 stars Good investor, but I don't know if I would like the individual
The first chapters sounded like common sense. They were not realistic considering that many people have children, emotions and recognize that prestige outweighs long term financial investments. I found a summary that would make the need of purchasing the book ( thus saving your money ) unnecessary :

Rule 1 : Spend like you want to grow rich, which means...
Published 21 months ago by Harbinger

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, Sept. 7 2012
This review is from: Millionaire Teacher: The Nine Rules of Wealth You Should Have Learned in School (Paperback)
Amazing book, very coherent and understandable language - very well-written. I am 21 and just started investing in indexes in Canada. It gave me a belief in bright future, and I hope will be a great advice for long-term investments

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple good book, May 26 2012
This was very good book. easy to read and understand. The beginning of the book was really simple and almost pointless I thought the book was going to be a waste of time. But when it started getting into index fund, I started to learn more. One thing in the book I found sort of misleading was how he says gold is not an investment, which maybe be true. But the thing that got me, is how he said after the 2008 collapse you would have made more from index funds than in gold, which is true. But during the collapse gold did not get hit hard at all, while the index funds plunged. He did not explain that, which to me was a little misleading when he gave the facts. so if you bought gold and index funds in January 2008, you would have made a lot more on gold than in index funds.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gem!, May 18 2012
I have never understood how the stock market works, never mind knowing how to invest in it properly. After reading Millionaire Teacher which I wish I could have read at 14, I now have a pretty clear idea about both. I strongly recommend this book if you are thinking of investing for the first time or if you want to rethink how you have been investing. Oh, and get your kids to read it.

5.0 out of 5 stars insightful, April 21 2012
There are enough investing books out there to fill a library. However, my main criticism of most of these books is their virtual irrelevance to Canadian investors because of the heavy American content. Some of the most well-known investment writers are American. I've read a Canadian investment book once but it was written not in the most accessible way, especially for people who are not familiar with investment concepts. You can spend years and years in school without ever encountering any financial concepts. I'm finally happy to read a book that is targeted to an international audience. As well, the book is highly readable, very down-to-earth. It's filled with humour. I like that the book takes real-life examples of people just like you and me and traces their success from financial illiterates to solid investors. This book is a good starting point for people to start thinking about investment. Most importantly, the book will also make you critically think about the so-called financial advisors, the investment literature and advertisements around us. I definitely recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy this book!, April 16 2012
I recently bought the Millionaire teacher, and could not put the book down until I was through. I have had no previous financial exposure, but everything in this book made sense. I have no doubt in my mind that following the key advice from this book will help me retire somewhat wealthy in some 25 years. Buy this book, no joke!

5.0 out of 5 stars So glad I bought this book, April 7 2012
This book is likely the best book purchase I've ever made. I've read multiple books and Internet sites desperately trying to expand my investment knowledge. I'm an educated person, I have a good career, yet I had no idea how to successfully invest my money. I've been following the advice of the bank sales rep and after a few years of poor returns thought it was time that I took more interest in my investments. I finally bought this book and have learned so much! Andrew explains the rules of wealth in plain English. I devoured the book in less than a week. Furthermore, he references many other good investment books and authors which has lead me to other good reads. As an added bonus, through his blog, Andrew has been kind enough to answer my personal investment questions. Thanks Andrew! You will not regret buying this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple and down to earth. My light was turned on!, Feb. 20 2012
I've only recently started to learn about investments, and a whole new world opened to me.
The book "Millionaire Teacher" was the first book on investments I ever bought and I'm so happy I picked this one. With terms a layman can understand, and a healthy dose of humor, the author describes all the DO's and DON'Ts in the world of investing, describing some of the pitfalls you gotta be careful for.
My wife doesn't like finances at all, but when I started to read parts of the book out loud to her, I got her excited as well, and she is currently reading the book. I finished the book in one day, and I'm sure it will prove to be the most efficient day spent in my life.

Thanks Andrew for introducing me to the book, and I hope to read more from you!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book!, Feb. 14 2012
I have read several finance books, I follow several financial blogs, and this is the first book that helped me understand the best way to invest, and why. Everyone should read this book, regardless of age. And if you're reading this and thinking money doesn't interest you, or you don't feel like putting any thought into investing, that you would rather leave that to your advisor, please read this book! I am really glad I did.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Book!, Jan. 21 2012
Hi Andrew.

Firstly let me say a huge congrats on a fantastic book. So informative!!

I have just sat down and read your book cover to cover in a day. Never did I think I would say that a finance book would be a page turner but there you go!!! Thank you SO MUCH for taking the time so write something in a simple, easy to read format that really helps for newbie investors like myself.

Gemma

5.0 out of 5 stars Let this be the one investment book you ever buy, Jan. 18 2012
I really wish I had read this book when I was 22 years old. I read a few other books and articles on investing and started making some random contributions. Now, 7 years later and having read this book, I realized that I wasted those years of making purposeful investments.

Andrew's book is such a clear guide of how to take your own investment power into your own hands and take action to build your worth. I was able to read it in one day and I could easily understand many of the technical aspects of investments because Andrew is able to explain everything clearly.

Both my husband and I have read this book and we are already taking actions to rebalance our portfolio to make it stronger. Being both in the educational sector, we have a modest income to work with but we are compelled by the practices in this book that we will be able to build wealth through the years and have a nice retirement.

From now on, I will be giving this book to all new graduates so they can start early (one of the principles) and make strong choices about their money. It's probably the best gift I can give them. Also, Andrew has a blog and he personally answers questions you leave for him. This might be the most powerful book I've read that will help set me up for a comfortable future.

Millionaire Teacher: The Nine Rules of Wealth You Should Have Learned in School