summer boutiques-francophones Learn more snsflyout Furniture All-New Kindle sports Tools

on April 7, 2012
This book is likely the best book purchase I've ever made. I've read multiple books and Internet sites desperately trying to expand my investment knowledge. I'm an educated person, I have a good career, yet I had no idea how to successfully invest my money. I've been following the advice of the bank sales rep and after a few years of poor returns thought it was time that I took more interest in my investments. I finally bought this book and have learned so much! Andrew explains the rules of wealth in plain English. I devoured the book in less than a week. Furthermore, he references many other good investment books and authors which has lead me to other good reads. As an added bonus, through his blog, Andrew has been kind enough to answer my personal investment questions. Thanks Andrew! You will not regret buying this book.
on May 26, 2012
This was very good book. easy to read and understand. The beginning of the book was really simple and almost pointless I thought the book was going to be a waste of time. But when it started getting into index fund, I started to learn more. One thing in the book I found sort of misleading was how he says gold is not an investment, which maybe be true. But the thing that got me, is how he said after the 2008 collapse you would have made more from index funds than in gold, which is true. But during the collapse gold did not get hit hard at all, while the index funds plunged. He did not explain that, which to me was a little misleading when he gave the facts. so if you bought gold and index funds in January 2008, you would have made a lot more on gold than in index funds.
on February 20, 2012
I've only recently started to learn about investments, and a whole new world opened to me.
The book "Millionaire Teacher" was the first book on investments I ever bought and I'm so happy I picked this one. With terms a layman can understand, and a healthy dose of humor, the author describes all the DO's and DON'Ts in the world of investing, describing some of the pitfalls you gotta be careful for.
My wife doesn't like finances at all, but when I started to read parts of the book out loud to her, I got her excited as well, and she is currently reading the book. I finished the book in one day, and I'm sure it will prove to be the most efficient day spent in my life.

Thanks Andrew for introducing me to the book, and I hope to read more from you!!
on March 19, 2016
24, male, commerce degree, if that helps you validate my review.

I knew very little about securities or investing before this. At 24, it's sparked my imagination to not only question financial advisor's methods, but everyone's motives that do business with you.

Easy read for a non-reader. Gives you a good overall understanding of how to make average returns over your lifetime and let the economy and time do the work for you. The last chapter gives options for picking stocks if you really want to start doing it yourself, but in no way is this a individual stock-picking book.

Hallam gives explanations and examples, and then provides sites and steps for what to do next. Little to no time wasted.
on April 26, 2013
This book is excellent for beginners or people who don't want to spend a lot of times on their investments. Basically it tells you to buy index funds (instead of mutual funds), invest periodically and syrtematically and live within your own means.
on January 4, 2012
An indispensable read for anyone new or not 100% informed on the ways of the stock market. This book allows you to achieve more results with less time, while being in control of your own finances and accounts.

I had the pleasure of knowing Andrew Hallam as a teacher during my high school years 10 years ago. He had always inspired me in athletics and fitness, and I wondered where he had ended up. When I heard he had written a book, I immediately ordered two copies (should have ordered a few more) and read the easy layout quickly.

This book has renewed my interest in the stock market, and I believe I will look back on the information I learnt as a financial pillar of success.
on January 30, 2014
This book has many ear marked pages now that I've finished it! It's a good book for beginner to intermediate investors & those wanting to know where to start. I read this over a week or so, took in an abundance of information & it reiterated what many books have said before it. Start early, save & forget about trading & financial planners! It shows you how to go about monitoring your own investment (once a year) & stresses the ease at which money can grow given time & regular deposits into the appropriate fund.
Give it a read! There wasn't anything useless about this book even for the more advanced investor....it's a reminder & step back to when managing money was easy!!
on January 31, 2015
This was the first book I read about personal investing, something that is oddly not taught about in Business School. Written specifically for those people who don’t know A SINGLE THING ABOUT FINANCE, this book I would recommend everybody to read.

You learn about the deception of mutual funds and Andrew provides actionable steps to start building a million-dollar portfolio using stock index funds and bond index funds. What was great about this book is that he provided steps for Canadian investors as well.

Right after reading this book I opened up a Tax Free Savings Account (TFSA) at TD Bank and started investing in the same portfolio Andrew recommends
on February 26, 2014
I am thrilled about the content of this publication but disappointed that a teacher would not of insisted that his product be geared to inclusive learning. I am if you please a teacher who is dyslexic and I was pleased to find the book on cd however I would of loved to have received copies of the charts that are referred to throughout the oral presentation. When the reader is referring to the charts I suddenly feel lost and that I am not being given privy to the full scope of information, even though I paid more for the audio version. That being said I think this product is a good investment and would make a great graduation gift for any student.
on August 13, 2015
An excellent read for beginners getting ready to start investing. This book mainly talks about the difference of mutual funds vs index funds with statistics that go along with it. However, he does talk about stocks and bonds in general and how you can use them at right times to diversify your portfolio.

The language is strong ( which is good considering he is an english teacher) and the jargon is limited, making it an easy read for noobies.

I enjoyed reading this book, it was engaging and had strong points. Alas, i am a beginner in the world of investing and now i know to steer clear from actively managed mutual funds.