5.0 out of 5 stars I thought I knew it all...., June 26 2004
David Saunders "SEO Pop Star" (Plymouth, Devon UK) - See all my reviews
I've been a Search Engine Marketer since 1999 and really thought I knew it all. I learned a few new tricks from just one page :) It's a little bit of an understatement to have this book under "...for Dummies" but the book did start off with the simple stuff.
Great read/reference book and well worth it. If you learn just one thing then this book (you will) will have paid for itself over and over again.
I don't know Mr. Kent so this is totally for real.
Buy it...
David

5.0 out of 5 stars A Dummy No More!, Sept. 22 2011
This review is from: Search Engine Optimization For Dummies (Paperback)
The SEO bible you've been looking for!

Search Engine Optimization for Dummies is the first book I've read on the SEO subject and it does not disappoint.
I recommend this book to anyone with a basic knowledge of HTML. (Ian Lloyd's book, Build Your Own Web Site The Right Way - 2nd edition, is a fantastic book for anyone new to HTML and CSS.)

From the SEO beginner's, small business owner's, and budding Web designer's perspective, the book contains everything you need to know about search engine optimization.
Peter Kent's book is well written, easy to understand, full of examples and step-by-step tutorials.

After reading Search Engine Optimization for Dummies, you will (in addition to other valuable information) know how to:

* Choose keywords, perform keyword analysis and place keywords on your pages.
* Avoid things search engines hate - such as invisible navigation systems.
* Use SEO tricks successfully.
* Create or obtain content for your Web site.
* Market locally.
* Add your site to the indexes and directories.
* Market your products through shopping directories and retailers.
* Create links search engines like.
* Improve videos from the SEO perspective.
* Figure out if you've been penalized by Google and what to do about it.

I recommend this book to anyone new to SEO. It is worth every penny.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT BOOK !!!, Dec 18 2009
Pasqualina Mucci (SAINT-LEONARD, QUEBEC Canada) - See all my reviews
This book really gives you all what you need to know on SEO. Easy to read and understand. Loved it ~~

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally, the light goes on!, Nov. 18 2007
So much of SEO went over my head - my eyes would glaze over and I would just nod my head when one of my colleagues started talking about it. This book spells it all out in plain English and it was a wonderful epiphany for me - I never thought I'd get it but yes, I do! :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for starting out search engine optimization, Oct. 24 2006
Everyday Mom (Vancouver, B.C.) - See all my reviews
Clear concise explanations (and extrapolations) on how the big search engines work. Mr Kent explains what you NEED to know in language that's easily followed, providing enough technical details to get by without turning the material dry.

Definitely Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Search Engine Optimization for Dummies, June 30 2004
Joe Dee (Syracuse, NY United States) - See all my reviews
Search Engine Optimization for Dummies is surely the best text of its kind! It is a very useful book that has proven to be extraordinarily helpful to a business promoting its first website. Comprehensive and detailed, it discusses all relevant considerations and is written so that one who is ignorant of its subject can gain a through understanding. Peter Kent has taken the mystery out of site promotion. Don't hesitate to buy it.

5.0 out of 5 stars What is the Search Engines Optimization (SEO) ?, June 26 2004
Chan Kon San Ivan "Ivan Chan" (Central, Hong Kong) - See all my reviews
First of all, we need to learn all major search engines in USA and UK markets. They are including Pay Per Click, Pay Inclusion, Overture Site Match, and etc....
During this age of " Search Fights " between Google, MSN and Yahoo. There have many search engines are growing up and also created many events and expo to gain the market shares; especially of " searchenginewatch.com and Related events! " May be, you need to know and learn more profiles from Looksmart/Wisenut/Zeal, Lycos/Hotbot, Findwhat, Kanoodle, Enhance (ah-ha), ePilot, Searchfeed, Xuppa, Search123, Brainfox, Fitness.com, Searchboss, Lookbus, eSpotting, Mirago, Goclick, Issifind, Issihk, 7search, bCentral, Bidclix, Blowsearch, myGeek, Business.com, Engine54, Exactseek, iqseek, ixQuick, Mamma, Pageseeker, Searchking, Splut, Topix.net, Turbo10, Whatuseek and etc...
All above PPC or P4P engines can help your company to reach 95% of the search engines coverage, and also can save the costs.
How to setup your own SEO program is the amazing way to save costs and gain the highest ROI ! It is Return Over Investment !
Search Engines marketing is the best way for our business development on any models of e-Business.
When you are thinking of global, you need to learn hire search engines in Local!

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have for online marketing professionals!, June 15 2004
"vitob029" (North Brunswick, NJ) - See all my reviews
ATTENTION: You MUST read "Search Engine Optimization for Dummies!" This book helps you break through all of the nonsense, hype and myths about search engine optimization! It's certainly the best and most comprehensive search engine optimization book I've seen to date hands down. I'm a marketing professional and have recently been confused at all the online ad blitzes and pop-ups with companies promising to list your website at the top of all of the major search engines. Peter Kent (author of "Internet for Dummies") lays it all out in plain english -this book is all you need. I look forward to the next one! Visit Pete's website [...] for latest and greatest on the search engine wars!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Peter Kent's "SEO For Dummies" Is A Keeper., June 8 2004
John Palethorpe (Vancouver, B.C. Canada) - See all my reviews
In spite of my being a relative novice in the world of computers, websites, et al, because the layout, breakdown, and writing style are consistently logical and clear, I was able to understand most of what Peter Kent offers in his book. And that surprised me, as I find SEO to be an especially challenging, complex field. I needed a reliable, up-to-date, basic guide, and now I have one.

5.0 out of 5 stars An awesome Book on Search Engine Optimization!, June 4 2004
Deb Montagne (Western Wisconsin, USA) - See all my reviews
I recently finished reading this book and found it very helpful. Peter Kent clarifies what search engines like and don't like and what you need to do to get high rankings. I'm just beginning to implement some of the suggestions and ideas from this book. I'm a non geek so if I can do it, anyone could. This is a must have book for every website owner/builder, whether they are webmasters or newbies. I just wish I had read this book before my e-commerce store was dynamically built. I could have avoided a lot of headaches for myself later on. I'm stopping my pay per click keywords (they're too costly and havn't brought me that many sales anyway) and going to get listed naturally with the help of this book!

Search Engine Optimization For Dummies
Search Engine Optimization For Dummies by Peter Kent (Paperback - Nov. 2 2010)
Used & New from: CDN$ 2.01