5.0 out of 5 stars Fantasico
Published on May 26 2011 by Solito

The book had some good information but long unnecessary pages the author talking about himself. Is the book about economy or the life story of the author?
Published 28 days ago by bissan hazem

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantasico, May 26 2011
This review is from: The Crash Course: The Unsustainable Future Of Our Economy, Energy, And Environment (Hardcover)
This book changes everything. I watched the Crash Course after getting a link from a friend. What I saw blew me away. After that I was a regular reader of Chris Martenson's website. By continuing to click on links, I could see future trends take place. After more than a year of perusal, I have changed my outlook for the future. I started getting items I wouldn't normally think of such as pellets to clean water and a camping stove with fuel. I bought things I should already have such as fire extinguishers and more flashlights. I continuously pick up extra matches and lighters throughout the year thinking you can't have enough extras. I think in terms of what might last, like a good pair of boots compared to some kicks that might last a few seasons. I started looking at other websites and took a look at other books as well that were recommended by Chris, such as The Origin of Wealth.

Then something happened, Chris released a book. This was the perfect compliment to understanding more of what was going on. I looked at the Crash Course as just the facts, the book gave you depth that was interesting and readable. Whereas The Origin of Wealth was dry in some bits, this book just kept you wanting to read more. The only other way to get more is to sign up a membership to the site. Take a look at the book to see if you want to understand what Mr. Martenson is about.

5.0 out of 5 stars Eye opening!, April 8 2014
Anita Flegg (Ottawa, Canada) - See all my reviews
Everyone should read this book, or at least watch the videos on Chris Martenson's web site.
This book explains exactly why we are facing an uncertain future, on many fronts, and how to prepare.
It is a long book, with many details and a bit of math, but it is completely worth the effort. At minimum, you should be aware of how our governments are messing with the numbers they show us, and how their financial decisions continue to make the overall situation worse, rather than better.

5.0 out of 5 stars it is an amazing book, March 18 2014
It is amazing and scary all at the same time .
This book is for anyone worried about their future!

5.0 out of 5 stars Heed his words., Dec 17 2013
Excellent book that describes the common sense view of global economies and why we are goose stepping into a very messy future if things do not change drastically.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Crash Course, July 30 2013
For the past few years, I've become increasingly aware of the problems of each element that is analyzed in this volume. He does a wonderful job of connecting the dots to show that the dynamics of each problem are similar. Great book. It should be mandatory reading for all the bone-head politicians in North America, who need to begin to deal with these issues rather than continue in their self-serving ways.

3.0 out of 5 stars The book had some good information but long unnecessary pages the author talking about ..., Nov. 26 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars A return to reality in an unrealistic world, April 18 2011
Dr. Martenson delivers a powerful dose of what is really going on in the world with a strong focus on what's yet to come. Every detail is very well illustrated and supported with undeniable facts. Nothing is slanted or coloured, there is no hidden purpose other than to educate us so that we may better position ourselves for a different future.

Knowledge is power, you owe it to your loved ones to be prepared.

5.0 out of 5 stars This book profondly influenced my vision of our world, Aug. 7 2011
In a few words, after reading this book, you can't look at macro-economic news and social events the same way, ever.
Our mass media and politicians never take a long term view of our civilization, but the author does it, with great objectivity.
It changed my priorities, and clarified my investment strategy for the rest of the decade.
F.