5.0 out of 5 stars It covers everything. Works like magic.
If you've ever been amazed by a magic trick and had a "Oh, it was just that!" response when you saw how the trick was performed, you might have a similar feeling after reading this book. But in a good way.

Published on July 31 2008 by Richard Poulin

2.0 out of 5 stars Too basic
"You will need a table on which you can write down your work"
Seriously, did I need this book to point it out for me?

This book offers very little information or pointers as to where to find further explanations on the subjects provided.
Published 19 months ago by André T.

5.0 out of 5 stars It covers everything. Works like magic., July 31 2008
Richard Poulin (Montreal, Canada) - See all my reviews

For me, starting a business involved a lot of unknowns, a lot of "black magic" (laws, accounting, budgets, hiring people, finding suppliers...). This book brought me backstage. And I feel a lot safer now, since I know that it's just a lot of work (hurray!). This book has shown me how to wear the many hats I'll have as a small business owner. Out goes the magic, in comes the method, the discipline, the long hours...

5.0 out of 5 stars THE book to read for starting a business, Feb. 2 2012
M. Marquis "Wine Geek" (Ottawa, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Canadian Small Business Kit For Dummies (Paperback)
Very well structured, very well written, comprehensive and detailed information. I've read many books on the subject - this is THE book to read for starting a business.

5.0 out of 5 stars Canadian Small Business Kit, Nov. 25 2011
This review is from: Canadian Small Business Kit For Dummies (Paperback)
This product is very effective, everything you need to know about starting a small is in here. It also includes a DVD with more info.

2.0 out of 5 stars Too basic, April 21 2013
This review is from: Canadian Small Business Kit For Dummies (Paperback)
"You will need a table on which you can write down your work"
Seriously, did I need this book to point it out for me?

I recommend "Se lancer en entreprise", if you are French, from Editions de l'Homme (or is it Trois-Carré? I forgot).

A good book should have thorough information on market study, market segmentation, branding, estimating operating costs and core concepts like cashflow.

4.0 out of 5 stars Contents, Jan. 17 2013
I haven't had a chance to read the whole book just yet but so far I'm finding that there are some very good tips in here for somebody (ME) who doesn't have a clue!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, June 17 2012
This review is from: Canadian Small Business Kit For Dummies (Paperback)
This is a great 'getting started' book for anyone thinking about opening your own business. The fact that it is geared to Canadians makes it even better.

2.0 out of 5 stars Kindle version is really badly presented, July 19 2013
Richard A (Newport, Wales) - See all my reviews
I guess the kindle version was so cheap compared to the printed version that it was hard to pass up a bargain. Setting out is poor, no index and content was micky mouse.

too mixed up with yanky text. completely irrelevant. Unless you are a teenager, that has no business experience I would not waste your money.

Canadian Small Business Kit For Dummies