Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage giftguide Kitchen Kindle Music Deals Store SGG Tools

Format: PaperbackChange

on August 27, 2002
This book helped me realize that I too can quit, and for good!!! It carefully explains statistics, effects and mortality rates, be it gender or age. Each step is very clear and very easy to follow. The Pack Track, notes and defense mechanisms that are given to you in this book will help anyone kick the butts for good!!! Very easy reading and easy on the eyes. Step by step until you are smoke free is the success that comes with this book. Mr. Fisher and Mr. Koop did an outstanding job on this book. The alternatives and attitude changing methods toward smoking are simply superb. Realizations are met on all sides of quitting in this book. From the ones who have quit numerous times to the struggle of relaspes. This book has it all covered. Hypnosis, gum, patches, fading, or whatever method exists, is clearly explained and can be tailored to suit anyone's need on any level!!!
on September 6, 2001
I found this book to be full of helpful ideas to keep you or a loved one off tabacco. It takes you through pre-quiting with great ideas to help you prepare, all the way through to staying smoke free forever. I have been very greatful for this book and recommend it to everyone!
on January 20, 2001
I got a note from an amazon customer, congratulating me on my quitting. For all the ones that will be cosidering this book now and feel it is impossible to quit, I strongly reccomend it and its methodology. I myself, after seeing my father quit smoking when he had his third heart surgery and my mother after her eye surgeries, thought I would not be able to do it. However, as of Jan 19,2001 and since Dec 20 1998 I have been smoke free. Should you know someone who needs help to quit smoking, I am willing to be part of the network support.
on February 4, 1999
Very simple and easy to read guide. Up to date with lots of reccomendations that help. I was a pack and a half a day smoker. I smoked for 17 years. Feel free to contact me should you need support to help you quit. I am buying copies for my friends.
on January 8, 1999
I'm 21. Started smoking at 15. Well, i can finally say "NO" every time a friend offers me a ciggy! I was smoking atleast two packs a day. I also had so many psychological dependancies on this global killer. I smoked when i was happy, sad, or just when i felt bored. I guess i smoked the most when the going got tough, especially in college when the work got unbearable. People this book.."7 steps to a smoke free life" is definitely effective when wanting to educate yourself on the dangers and rewards of quitting smoking. It took me exactly 1 month to break off the habit! And every time i feel like slipping up, this book ,as a reference, just convinces me otherwise. Take my word for it.I definitly recommend it. Thanks to the American Lung Association!!
on May 30, 1998
As a trainer of health professioanls and trainers for smoking cessation programs (Lung, Cancer and Heart Associations), I think this is a very effective self-help book for those interested in quitting smoking. It follows time-tested and proven behavioral change techniques, and has information on the newest aids, such as nicotine replacement therapy (gum and patches) and Zyban. - This book should be of particular help to those who have tried to quit previously, using only "will power" or "gut power"- which for most of us, isn't enough. It also has lots of self-work that will enable the smoker to learn the unique aspects of his / her smoking habit, and to personalize the reasons and methods of quitting- as well as how to make the vital period after quitting lead to success, not relapse. - For the busy person or the one who has no interest in groups, this book can be a big help to make this attempt at quitting a difficult habit a lifelong success!