march Unlimited cloud storage vpcflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store sports Tools Registry boutiques-francophones

on January 14, 2005
I own the first edition & have now purchased the updated second edition. Everyone who expects to receive a pension should buy this book. It explains in clear, concise terms all you need to know about government & employer pensions. Yes, it is all-Canadian & that is a good thing. Too many books sold in this country speak only of American retirement topics, few of which are of any use to Canadians. This book doesn't dwell on investment strategies - it details what you need to know about OAS, CPP & benefits from your employer's plan. One chapter shows pension rules & standards for each province. Other chapters explain the difference between defined benefit & defined contribution pensions, death, divorce & disability rules, RRSPs and RRIFs. There is a helpful glossary of commonly-used terms in the back as well as phone numbers & websites for government organizations which deal with pension issues. This book is worth every penny of its cost. I highly recommend it.
on May 1, 2002
I belong to a partnership with one employee. We're embroiled in confusion and arguments about our pension obligations to our employee. I thought this book would answer our problems. Maybe it would, if we lived in Canada. Unfortunately, the Amazon description of the book does not mention this tiny little detail.