5.0 out of 5 stars Studied with 2nd edition, found 5th edition equally educating, April 8 2010
Suhail Zubaid AHMAD "Suhail Zubaid-Ahmad" (Mississauga, ON, Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Construction Project Management: A Practical Guide to Field Construction Management (Hardcover)
I recently bought the 5th edition of this book. While doing my studies in civil engineering in New York, the 2nd edition was a required book for the course. I learnt the two methods of project planning and scheduling, i.e. Precedence Diagram Method (PDM) and Arrow Head Notation, through this book and eventually used PDM in applying PERT to an experimental first time project. When I entered the real life, I never practiced civil engineering. Therefore, I was unable to use the techniques for any construction project. Instead, I used them for project planning and scheduling in development finance projects, banking centralization and organizational redesign projects and in auditing assignments.

I also used the book in teaching the PDM in 1990s to my students in a business management class of economic analysis for development projects.

What I am trying to say is that the book is very well written for students and construction managers to learn project management techniques and to do so in a very interesting manner by working through a real construction project. The 2nd edition of this book made me like CPM and PERT immensely and I am still stuck with my love, although in a non-conventional field. 5th edition is a good addition to my library.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cost management, Nov. 27 2010
A. Assaf "Construction" (Canada) - See all my reviews
All the books from This author are worth buying and reading. I hope the authers will write a complete book about cost management and cost systems, as the two chapters on the topic are not enough, and there is no other reference to address the practical side of this topic from contractors perspective.
Ahmad Assaf