biss Up to 40% Off CBC's Canada Reads 2016 Shortlist boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout Furniture All-New Kindle Paperwhite Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store Exercice Tools ca_ty_gno

Format: HardcoverChange

Showing 1-3 of 3 reviews(4 star). Show all reviews
on November 29, 2010
I love this cookbook now. When I first received it, I was a little disappointed even though it is a very pretty cookbook. There are a lot of really fancy recipes that I won't be trying for years - I have four young children so my baking time is very short or shared or both :D. But there are quite a few simpler recipes that are sooo good. Like, apple upside down cake, lemon poppy seed cake, white velvet cake, and the icings, mmmm...So now I find I am using it quite a bit for the quicker recipes and some day maybe I'll try the more difficult ones.
Don't be put off if you don't really bake a lot there are quite a few easy and quick recipes that use a simple 9 inch round pan and she explains the recipes very thoroughly. She has a way of mixing cake batter that really makes a difference in the taste and texture of the cake. Delicious.
on January 5, 2010
As an accomplished pastry and baking esthusiast, I'm particularly interested in creating fusion style desserts. Rose Heavenly Cakes is the right book for me. It is meticulously presented. Everything from pronunciation, a short descriptive story, the recipe, the step by step summary and methods, the special effects and techniques, and the highlights for success helps you get started with ease. I would recommend this book for intermediate and advanced bakers as some of the recipes requires multi tasking and the use of multiple utensils at the same time. The photo layout could use some more lavishly decorated finished products, as most cakes are presented in plain and amateurish fashion. Rose Levy Beranbaum's warmth and expertise makes this book as one to treasure.
on May 1, 2011
This book is so heavy I can hardly lift it, am anxious to try most of them. So far have made the Whipped Cream Cake, and it is indeed heavenly. Lots of great information for the price of this book, never mind the tempting photos. Highly recommended for those of us who love to amaze our friends and family, just follow all the instructions and you will have great sucess.