5.0 out of 5 stars A must-have in a chemistry library

2.0 out of 5 stars for simpletons
Published on Oct. 19 2000 by james_the_great

5.0 out of 5 stars A must-have in a chemistry library, Dec 12 2002
giovanna gualtieri (el cerrito, ca United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Encyclopedia of Reagents for Organic Synthesis, 8 Volume Set (Hardcover)
This is an essential reference collection for any chemistry library. It has tons of organic reagents listed alphabetically, with typical applications schemes and specific references to procedures and particular uses. It has MODERN reagents and most of the references are from the 1980s and later, so you can actually easily find the referenced articles and follow the reported procedures exactly, since they won't be obsolete. It is easy to read, it gives structures, physical data, handling and storage information for every single one of the listed reagents.
I used it regularly throughout my graduate student career and I could not imagine a chemistry library without one. I would buy my own copy if only I could afford it!

2.0 out of 5 stars for simpletons, Oct. 19 2000
"james_the_great" (Hidden Island, South Pacific) - See all my reviews
I read the entire set in an afternoon and it did not capture my attention as I'd hoped. Obviousley written written to an elementary school level (well it seemed that way to me, but I'm a genius). I definately recommend it for a decent short read as it only has a little over 6000 pages it shouldn't take anyone longer than a couple of hours. luckily the material and scientific content are so easy to understand.

5.0 out of 5 stars A book for everybody in production., Aug. 2 1999
By A Customer
Day by day we need to improve and redesign formulas; this encyclopaedia gives you the chance to generate and to confirm new alternatives of doing that.

Encyclopedia of Reagents for Organic Synthesis, 8 Volume Set
Encyclopedia of Reagents for Organic Synthesis, 8 Volume Set by Leo A. Paquette (Hardcover - Nov. 21 1995)
Out of stock