5.0 out of 5 stars Great gift for young readers
I remember reading this collection of poems when I was a little kid. My dad bought it for me and we'd read the poems together before I went to bed. Stevenson seemed to have a good understanding of how to talk to a child("Bed in Summer" was a favorite!).
I've given copies of this book to a niece and a friend for her young daughter. It's certainly a book that should be...
Published on Jan. 7 2003 by PenName

3.0 out of 5 stars Classic Poetry, Some Good, Some Not
I have mixed opinions of this collection of poems. I read this aloud to my older son several years ago and he loved the poems, he even memorized several of them. He especially had fun memorizing My Shadow. I've just now finished reading it to my 8yo and have to say he was not impressed. We read a two-page spread every school day as part of our homeschool. Though the poems...
Published on Jan. 20 2009 by Nicola Mansfield

5.0 out of 5 stars A book to Treasure, May 11 2002
Author of The Rebel's Pledge, a historical romantic novel of Colonial Maryland.
Beautifully illustrated, my children and I enjoyed reading the poetry of Stevenson on rainy days and before bedtime. My children are in their teens now, but this book has stayed on our library shelf and will be pasted down to a grandchild one day.
This book is a wonderful way to build a love for classic poetry in your child. I highly recommend it!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Child's Garden of Verses, Jan. 19 2000
By A Customer
Stevenson originally published these poems in 1885. The words and ideas are old-fashioned and a little dry. This book makes a worthwhile companion to others in a poetry study. Contains excellent color illustrations and will be of interest to teachers and students from K through the 4th grade.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent poetry for children, April 28 2000
Tiffany Chang (Fremont, California) - See all my reviews
Stevenson describes children's points of view very carefully and thouroughly...this book will make you smile. Though it is missing some of his best works, notice how, on the cover, it says "CHILDREN'S VERSES" OK?

3.0 out of 5 stars This is a must have book for the Children's library., Nov. 10 1996
By A Customer
This review is from: A Child's Garden of Verses (Paperback)
Stevenson is wonderful and the children's rhymes in this compilation are timeless. This should be on every parent's and grandparent's shelf

A Child's Garden of Verses
A Child's Garden of Verses by Robert Louis Stevenson (Paperback - Sept. 30 1992)
CDN$ 3.25