march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage vpcflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools ca_ty_gno

Format: Paperback|Change

on June 1, 2000
This boxed set contains six books- Adventures of Chatterer the Red Squirrel, Adventures of Peter Cottontail, Adventures of Danny the Meadow Mouse, The Adventures of Reddy Fox, The Adventures of Buster Bear and The Adventures of Grandfather Frog. I really enjoyed these books as a child and have purchased them to read to my kids, age 5 and 6. They throughly enjoy the books as I did. It is great to be able to share these great stories with the kids.
on June 12, 2012
If you're looking to teach morals and connect your family with animals and nature, Thorton W. Burgess is a master story-teller. His witty, golden-day language of yesteryears makes each story and enjoyable read for the whole family. Books are in excellent condition with box set. Pictures truly captivate Burgess's tales.
on June 1, 2000
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon February 16, 2016
Wonderful stories of captivating animal characters! As indicated by other reviewers, there are 6 separate story books in this collection (see earlier reviews for the titles). I enjoyed these 50 years ago, when every Christmas each of we five siblings received a different hardcover volume in the series. Since then, I've often searched for them, without much luck. While this collection is "only" paperbacks, the stories themselves have not changed. A welcome diversion from stories of robots, mechanical toys, obnoxious cartoon characters, and linked-to-commercial-TV/toy characters. These are timeless tales well worth reading again and again.
on August 21, 2015
To me these are the essence of childrens books. Ageless, imaginative, wonderfully illusrated and written. Interconnecting animal friends and foe of the forest and their adventures. My parents gave them to my brothers and me we've passed them to our children and now I am introduceing them to my grandchildren. No better bedtime books to read to or for children to read themselves.
on August 23, 2015
Some of the best children's stories ever written.