5.0 out of 5 stars An American classic that must be read by all (and never banned)
If there's any book out there that needs no introduction (or review, to be honest), it's Mark Twain's The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn. Yet here I am reviewing it, anyway. I must admit (not without a fair share of embarrassment) that I just now got around to reading this American classic for the first time. I never had to read it in school, and to some degree I felt...
Published on May 5 2007 by Daniel Jolley

2.0 out of 5 stars What Kind of Influence is HF having on teenagers or adults??
I recently had to read the book HF as a class assignment. As an interacal teenager I had a very hard time understanding and reading the book because the 'N'word is used SO frequently in the book. Am I the only one who finds it offensive? Just because HF is consider an American Classic does it change the meaning of the 'N' word. To me it doesn't make sense! I'm...
Published on Nov. 19 1999

‹ Previous | 110 11 1216 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Come on ... it's Huck Finn!, Dec 30 2000
A. Lucas "teachem2" (Roanoke, VA United States) - See all my reviews
This is THE American classic. There's no need to argue.
If you're looking for a copy of this book to add to your library, I recommend the Norton Critcal edition. Controversial illustrations, criticism, orignial advertisements, and a lot more "truck" are inside that edition along with a wonderfully annotated text.

4.0 out of 5 stars Audiobook last 1/3 is re-written, Aug. 4 1999
By A Customer
I am a very big fan of Mark Twain and Garrison Keillor but was suprised to learn that the last 1/3 of this American Classic was re=written. Keillor uses his own style and craft to appeal to the listener. I found this audiobook entertaining but I wish I had known it was not the original story I have read 4 times since childhood.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Literary Work, April 2 1998
By A Customer
This book is one of the best written in it's time. Some people might consider it a racist book, but the book clearly stated the way society was back then--just a reflection of the old life. This story about a young white boy and a slave on the run, shows that anything is possible. This is definately a book that you should read.

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is my all time favorite book, it is so funny!, June 10 1998
By A Customer
This book was one of the funniest I have ever read! Mark Twain makes it hilarious, exciting, and enjoyable all through the book! Huck is such a fun charatar to read about. His adventures will make you laugh and in the end you will be attached to his unique character. You can't miss reading this classic piece of literature!

5.0 out of 5 stars I really thought that this was one of Twains best works., April 14 1999
By A Customer
I like the way that Mark Twain puts together both fiction and nonfiction in this book. He expresses how slave traders sometimes bought slaves and traded for them. There were also alot of slaves that tried running away in the early 1800s. He makes the charactors funny and sometimes sorta off the wall but realistic.

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is an American classic!, Nov. 24 1997
By A Customer
On a scale from one to ten, I give "The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn" a ten because it is a well written book and creatively assembled. Mark Twain is among the top ten American authors, writing classics such as "The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn" and "The Adventures of Tom Sawyer."

4.0 out of 5 stars This book is a great classic, but not for anyone below 10., Feb. 1 1999
By A Customer
This book has its funny side and its bad side. I am only 11 years old, and I did not enjoy the Southern Accent that every character had, and its foul language, including the n-word, which gets extremely annoying for a 6th grader, who is taught in school not to use bad words, and make fun of fellow classmates.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great rendition., Dec 20 2000
Jack Lemon takes a rare and wonderful turn at narrating in Mark Twain's The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn. This adaptation of the Twain classic seems crisper, capturing the feel of youth. It has never sounded better. The spry Mr. Lemon breathes life into this worn classic. This is a keeper for all ages.

5.0 out of 5 stars Refreshing journey of man and elements, Aug. 6 2000
Kenneth Johnson (Travelling across USA (in FL)) - See all my reviews
I re-read this book, after originally reading it in Jr. high school. Huck and Jim go with the flow, and make the most of their encounters and circumstances along the way. The lure of a simpler, freer life, is omnipresent in this classic. Gotta read this one. How could an American not?

1.0 out of 5 stars not the best, July 11 1999
By A Customer
I like many others was told to read this book. I can say that this book bored be to death. This book can be writen in 50 pages NOT 200. Thats a waste of 150. At one point maybe it was a great book. But hell, now its a waste of time. And why read the book when the movie is out?

‹ Previous | 110 11 1216 | Next ›

Adventures of Huckleberry Finn
Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain (Paperback - May 26 1994)
CDN$ 6.00