5.0 out of 5 stars A peaceful journey

2.0 out of 5 stars Sketchy line quality not so great
Published on April 30 2000

2.0 out of 5 stars Sketchy line quality not so great, April 30 2000
This review is from: Kaleidoscopic Design Coloring Book (Paperback)
I have just purchased several coloring books for use in my classroom. Some are optical illusion books and others have hidden pictures. This book is the only one I am disappointed with. The biggest problem it has is that the lines are fuzzy and not "closed in." I understand that the drawings of the artist show some real talent, but to make these into something to color is not practical. I think that it will be very frustrating for anyone to try to color these objects. I will keep the book, and may give it away as a gift. I will not be able to use it in the classroom because I know the kids would find it frustrating. If the lines were "clean", this would be a worthwhile book. Another problem is that unlik other optical illusion coloring books, this one leaves a lot of empty space on the page; in other words, the pictures are relatively small compared to all of the space on each page. This book has a lot of wasted empty space on each page.

5.0 out of 5 stars A peaceful journey, March 13 2001
This review is from: Kaleidoscopic Design Coloring Book (Paperback)
I have found this book useful in putting to rest some of the exhausting days of being 'housebound' over the past few months. I have used every medium you can think of, from colored pencils, markers, and the myriad gel pens. the outcome has been exquisite. I have even copied some of the results on clear plastic and used them for suncatchers. They make me smile, and remind me of the snowflakes and kaleidoscopes of my childhood. I hope there are more coming.

5.0 out of 5 stars creative childhood, Nov. 2 2000
patricia a .wild (Spanaway, Washington United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kaleidoscopic Design Coloring Book (Paperback)
I really enjoyed this coloring book--as in my very early yrs., I had kaleidoscopes to play with. I was always intriqued with the color spectrum in them.I was hoping to find more on line with the illustrator of this book. Sadly disappointed. Will keep looking at other book sites. By the way, I am 56 yrs. old--and I love to color. It's wonderful therapy for relaxing and bringing back some childhood fun.

5.0 out of 5 stars ATTENTION BIG KIDS!, Sept. 19 2000
Cynthia Tsikerdanos (Laurel, MD United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kaleidoscopic Design Coloring Book (Paperback)
I am a 48 year old kid who loves to color! This is one of the best books that I have purchased. The designs are all different and wonderful therapy after a busy, hectic day! I take a copy with me in the car for those times of waiting - I even took it to the ballfield while my son waited for 2 hours for autographs! I recommend this book very, very highly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Spaces for a lot of freedom & creativity., Jan. 25 2000
This review is from: Kaleidoscopic Design Coloring Book (Paperback)
These abstract designs provide spaces for a lot of freedom & creativity. Older kids & adults with a good set of colored pencils will enjoy this coloring book, even if just to keep a hand occupied while on the phone. Dover has about 15 titles of this type, ranging from optical illusions to Celtic animals.

Bob Rixon

5.0 out of 5 stars My Favorite!, Nov. 4 2001
"sclark4707" (MIDLOTHIAN, TX United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kaleidoscopic Design Coloring Book (Paperback)
I ordered 4 "coloring" books at the same time. I was pleasantly surprised at how quickly I received my order. They shipped 3 of my books so I wouldn't have to wait (impressive!) & the last book came the very next day. The kaleidoscope coloring book is my absolute favorite, so I'm back looking for more.

1.0 out of 5 stars Review, Feb. 16 2000
This review is from: Kaleidoscopic Design Coloring Book (Paperback)
I should have paid more attention to the description. The design's do not have hard lines, more like pencil drawing, not what I expected for coloring. I will keep it, but it will not be the first book I pick up when I want to color, sorry to say.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great teaching tool!, July 14 2000
This review is from: Kaleidoscopic Design Coloring Book (Paperback)
I teach middle school art. I use this book in my classroom to practice applying color schemes. My students enjoy this activity because the designs are unique and challenging. Unlike with some other coloring books, they have to think about where they are putting color.When they are finished with a group of three designs of the same pattern they have something "cool" to take home and display. I will use this book for years!

5.0 out of 5 stars coloring book, Feb. 28 2013
This review is from: Kaleidoscopic Design Coloring Book (Paperback)
I ordered this cooring book and it was exactly what I wanted. Abit of a challenge and the coloring entirely in your hands. Very enjoyable

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, Aug. 17 2014
Fun.

Kaleidoscopic Design Coloring Book
Kaleidoscopic Design Coloring Book by Coloring Books for Adults (Paperback - Jan. 11 1999)
CDN$ 6.75 CDN$ 5.22