5.0 out of 5 stars Truly inspirational. The single best book I have ever read.
If you asked me to recommend to you the single best book I have ever read, my answer would be a very definite "Think and Grow Rich".
Published on March 24 2008 by Avinash Sharma, The Yogic Manager

1.0 out of 5 stars A "hokey" cover on material best learned elsewhere
Perhaps it's my background and experience, but my impression on completing this book was that I have seen all of this material before, and all that I got from Mr. Hill was a hand-waving, mystical explanation of common-sense principles.
Published on June 18 2002

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly inspirational. The single best book I have ever read., March 24 2008
First published in 1937, this is the end product of two decades of research conducted by Napoleon Hill. His research started when Andrew Carnegie (the steel tycoon who was then the richest man on earth) gave him the assignment of organizing a Philosophy of Personal Achievement. Hill, who was a poor journalist, armed with just an introductory letter from Carnegie, set out to interview over five hundred successful people including Henry Ford, Thomas Edison, Alexander Graham Bell, John D. Rockefeller, George Eastman, William Wrigley Jr. and Charles M. Schwab. Hill then revealed the priceless wisdom of his research in the form of the thirteen steps to success (in Think and Grow Rich) and the seventeen principles of success (in courses and lectures he conducted).
The concepts taught by Napoleon Hill transformed my life. Some of these include developing a definite purpose, building a Positive Mental Attitude (PMA), channeling the power of the sub-conscious mind and dealing with adversity. Everything he wrote about or talked about is thought provoking. He was wise, humble and funny. His philosophy is universal; he did not mix it with religion. The riches he referred to were more than money, for the Philosophy of Personal Achievement can be applied to anything in life.
Hill was well ahead of his time. This book has a chapter dedicated to some of today's most important issues - Specialized Knowledge, Decision Making, Imagination and Organized Planning (in which he deals with Leadership). He also has principles for Teamwork, Creative Vision, Health, etc.
This is a classic, and hence the examples are old (not to be confused with outdated). But they are as relevant today as they were in the early twentieth century. Here is an example from T&GR in the chapter on Desire:
On the morning after the Great Fire of Chicago (1871), a group of merchants on Chicago's State Street went into a conference to decide whether to rebuild their stores or leave Chicago. All but one decided to leave. The merchant who decided to stay pointed a finger to the remains of his store and said "Gentlemen, on that very spot I will build the world's greatest store, no matter how many times it may burn down." His name was Marshall Field and his store still exists, and in Hill's words is "a towering monument to that state of mind known as a burning desire." I lived in Chicago from 2002 through 2004 and worked three blocks away from this impressive store on State Street. Sometimes I would visit it or stand outside it to derive inspiration and be reminded of the power of desire. It is amazing that Hill describes "burning desire" with a story based on the Chicago Fire.
There are thousands of self-help books out in the market and hundreds of self proclaimed "gurus" who have made a living by copying the wisdom in Hill's books. As I went through some of those books I realized that there was not much in them that Hill had not already written about. I recommend quality over quantity. Instead of reading through many books, I recommend that you study the following works of Hill and internalize his wisdom:
1. The Think and Grow Rich Action Pack (1937) - I recommend the Action Pack edition,
2. Napoleon Hill's Keys to Success: The 17 Principles of Personal Achievement - this is an excellent guide to his principles,
3. Your Right To Be Rich [Unabridged] - this consists of 12 hours of live lectures covering the 17 principles, that Hill conducted in Chicago in 1954.
By internalizing, I mean studying in depth - analyzing the ideas, making notes and summaries. I own more CDs by Hill, but I believe that these 3 items make the perfect study plan on the Philosophy of Personal Achievement.
I am greatly indebted to Napoleon Hill. The purpose of my writing this is to spread awareness of his work so that more people can benefit from it. This, I believe is the best way in which Hill would have liked to have been repaid.
If my review was helpful to you, I request you to select "Yes" so that the rating is improved and more readers will get to read it. Please also see the website of the Napoleon Hill Foundation, naphill dot org, which has helpful resources.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it., July 26 2013
This review is from: Think and Grow Rich (Paperback)
Every motivated individual who is trying to figure out how to get to where they want to be in life must read this book as it tells you exactly how to get there... I recommend this book 100%. I'm still not done yet but i'm loving it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stronger, better looking, and longer lasting, Sept. 4 2012
L. Power "nlp trainer" (San Francisco) - See all my reviews
(TOP 10 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME)
According to Wikipedia, Think and Grow Rich is reputed to have sold more than 30 million copies.

Walking around a bookstore I could not help but notice this very attractive edition of this book. With its black leather bound cover, its gold lettering, the red string bookmark, and pages etched in gold leaf it called to me like a sultry siren.

I could not resist despite the fact that I already own 2 copies of this book. This is the big daddy of self improvement books, a classic book with amazing ideas.

When you read this book you will learn Hill's strategies gleaned from some of the most successful people who ever lived, people like Andrew Carnegie, Henry Ford, Thomas Edison, and Charles Schwab.

The further you get into this book the more will appreciate ideas such as the Mastermind Principle, Decision making and using the subconscious mind. Some of these ideas are eyebrow raising. For example, transmutation of sexual energy. Perhaps my favorite idea is the Invisible Council.

If you like this book, you will love his other work The Laws of Success, which goes into these principles in a lot more detail.

Here are some quotes: "The kite of success can only fly high against the wind of adversity."

"The man who does more than he is paid for will soon be paid for more than he does."

"Our minds become magnetized with the dominating thoughts we hold in our minds and these magnets attract to us the forces, the people, the circumstances of life which harmonize with the nature of our dominating thoughts."

"Every adversity, every failure, every heartache carries with it the seed of an equal or greater benefit."

This version of this book looks ridiculously good, and would make a great present, and also looks great on your bookshelf. I think you will love it, and so will your friends if you get it as a gift.

One of his success principles is Desire, so the more you desire and can imagine the benefits this book will bring, and the changes it will make on your life, the more likely you are to buy this book.

Other books that I recommend are Success Principles by Jack Canfield, and Secrets of the Millionaire Mind by Harv T Eker.

I hope this was useful, and I think you will enjoy the book..

5.0 out of 5 stars Undoubtably the greatest self development book of all time!, June 9 2004
I know that they are many personal development books and tapes and seminars and other programs. But in all my years I have never seen anything that delivers like Think and Grow Rich does.
To be honest, it took me awhile to figure out the secret that Hill was taking about. Of course, I found some people who still haven't figured it out. Perhaps they are the people giving this great book 1 stars.
Not a big book, Think and Grow Rich is only 230 pages and 15 chapters. What sold me on buying this book (I used to hate these self books and thought they were too Pollyannaish) was when I read that Clement Stone turned $100 into over $36 million by following the principles in this book.
At the time I first heard about this book, I was flat broke and deepling debt. That all changed and quickly thanks to following the principles in Think and Grow Rich.
To me the 6 step self confidence formula on page 36 coupled with the chapter on autosuggestion did the most for me. I also memorized the poem on page 38 and would say it outloud on my way to sales calls while driving in my car. Drivers next to me on the road found me very entertaining I suppose...but I found this simple exercise very beneficial to me.
Think and Grow Rich had a profound effect on my life. I cannot recommend this book or any book by Napolean Hill for that matter highly enough. They are life changing and powerful.

1.0 out of 5 stars A "hokey" cover on material best learned elsewhere, June 18 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: Think and Grow Rich (Paperback)
Achieving objectives involves setting goals, devising plans of action, and utilizing mental visualization tools. The "scientific studies" that Mr. Hill refers to in this text sound incredible, and almost all of them have been proven wrong by modern science. I think that it is all part of his presentation to show the mystical side of success, when in fact a more discerning reader can avoid the hogwash of this book and get to the real deal with other texts. As an example of this, Mr. Hill seems to put great credit to one's subconscious "receiving" radio broadcasts from other people's brains as the source of creativity.
If you want to learn how to be successful, read "7 Habits of Highly Effective People" and "How to Win Friends and Influence People." Both are legitimate texts that are very readable, practical, and effective. If you want to really learn about how to do the mental exercises that Mr. Hill alludes to, I would recommend "Developing Management Skills" by Whetten and Cameron, a text that I used in my graduate studies. It is a hefty book ([price], last time I checked), but it provides diagnostic tools and plenty of guidance to make yourself more effective. It covers goal setting, framing, mental visualization, and a whole host of other topics.
If you want hokey pseudoscience, go for Mr. Hill's book. Otherwise, set your sights a little higher.

5.0 out of 5 stars It Helped Jim Carrey, myself and it can help you too..., July 12 2004
Shola Abidoye (Stockholm, Sweden & East Coast, USA) - See all my reviews
What can I say? I bought this book at a church bookstore, ironic huh? Having been fortunate enough to attend elite academic institutions in America and Europe, I can say without a doubt that the principles espoused by Mr. Hill's writing are by far more valuable than much of what I learned in a formal academic environment--this is real education....SELF education, i.e. knowledge of Self.
Jim Carrey reputedly read this book while working a low wage job before becoming famous, applied the fundamentals and the rest, as we say is history.
I always like to point out interesting teaching points from books and here are a few:
**"Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, it can achieve"
**"There are no limitations to the mind EXCEPT those we acknowledge"
**"Both poverty and riches are the offspring oof thought"
One of my greatest ambitions is to actualize the level of success I envision for myself and in doing so, be in a position where I can mentor others about the principles of success such as those. Mssr. Hill teaches. One of the first things I shall do is give this book away in order to complete the cycle of giving and receiving.
I also recommend reading this book along side Joseph Murphy's book "Power of Your Subconscious Mind" and Claude M. Bristol's "The Magic of Believing" along with "It Works" by RJH. These books along with Think & Grow Rich can truly enable you to achieve whatever you desire not only financially but in health, relationships, peace of mind and true expression--true wealth.
I have personally achieved some wonderful results through the application of these principles and look forward to applying them even further for higher and higher levels of achievement. I hope you do so as well!

5.0 out of 5 stars Think and Grow Rich, Feb. 7 2014
Having read the book several times over 40+ years, it's still a great read and full of applications and relavency today.

5.0 out of 5 stars must read...reread...and then read again, Jan. 21 2014
the greatest success book i ever read....there is not a author in your success library that has not read this...and copied its ideas

3.0 out of 5 stars Oh well, Jan. 14 2014
CONS
It is not very well done.
The seller printed the text so near the border of the book that is not readable in a nice way..(subjective)
Its more a booklet size

PROS
Price good
Nice cover
Shipping is fast to Quebec

The content stay the same as its free off the internet.

5.0 out of 5 stars If You Are An Entrepreneur Buy This Now!, Dec 10 2013
Mind = Blown

...comment above really explains it all but I needed 17 more words. You'll love this book as long as you're willing to read it with an open mind and follow the steps provide. You will have success.

ARRAY(0xb813ef24)

Think & Grow Rich
Think & Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill (Paperback - Feb. 2 2007)
CDN$ 10.75 CDN$ 8.08