5.0 out of 5 stars Novice, May 15 2001
aloah (Boston, MA) - See all my reviews
For a Master's level clinical skills course I was required to read this text. While I initially thought it was more expensive than I wanted to pay for a textbook, I was pleasantly surpised that it was well worth the price. Not only did I learn skills, that I thought I had already mastered (a little cocky uh?) but I learned skills I didn't possess. I have since graduated and am working in the field, yet I still find it a useful resource and as a reminder not to get too cocky because one always can use REMINDERS about how to do something well!

4.0 out of 5 stars Intentional Interviewing and Counseling : Facilitating Clien, Aug. 13 2000
Luis M. Correa "lhcorrea" (Hope Mills, NC USA) - See all my reviews
The book was easy to understand and follow. I recommend the text to anyone that is involved in the counseling profession, teaching, and/or has contact with the public. The text teaches the basic techniques of listening and attending behaviors. It wasn't until I read this book that I realized how little I, and others listen to one another. Excellent for undergraduate and graduate level counseling programs. Very helpful text book but is not a keeper.

5.0 out of 5 stars The difference between a bartender and a counselor!, March 13 2002
This book is an excellent resource for the beginning counseling student; a wonderful introduction to the concept of the "intentional interview." This text will aid in mastering basic listening and influencing skills, as well as illustrate how to conduct a full interview using only listening skills.
The authors break down the interviewing process into an easy to understand format, complete with case study illustrations. This book is not only a superb introduction to the intentional interview, it can also serve as a resource for those who are interested in honing their microskills.
After all,this is what marks the difference between a bartender and a counselor!

ARRAY(0xad0e39c0)

Intentional Interviewing and Counseling: Facilitating Client Development in a Multicultural Society
Used & New from: CDN$ 6.25