5.0 out of 5 stars Unputdownable!
Published on Oct. 10 2003 by M. I.

3.0 out of 5 stars Abbie was a little annoying
Published on May 18 2000 by gabby_n

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Unputdownable!, Oct. 10 2003
M. I. "krushedvelvet" (Old Bridge, NJ United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hummingbird (Paperback)
Wow! My very first LaVyrle Spencer! What a treat! What a book! I LOVED Abbie and Jesse. They had the most amazing chemistry Ive ever read! From the moment they met I honestly think that they were ruined for anyone else..they were just soooo DRAWN to eachother!I adored both characters, but I have to say it was Abbie who really entertained me the most. She was wild. Some of the things she said and did...oh, and her thoughts to herself were an absolute riot! Ms. Spencer has an amazing talent when it comes to writing dialogue...wow, it just flows. I had one little quibble with this book and that was with the way the situation with David was handled. However, I adored this book soooo much, that this wasnt enough of an issue to dampen my enjoyment of the overall story. I HIGHLY recommend immersing yourself in this. What a read!

5.0 out of 5 stars Swept me off my feet!, June 26 2003
This review is from: Hummingbird (Paperback)
I have never really been into books. My mother is a constant reader and one day she handed me Hummingbird. I put it away for a year until one day I just decided to give it a try. WOW!!! I cannot express how much I love this book! I truly wish Jesse was real and that I were Abigail (without the attitude!). I never wanted this book to end! Never before have I felt so moved by characters and truly felt their love and need for each other. Can't say enough about Hummingbird except Read It!

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful Story!, June 9 2003
This review is from: Hummingbird (Paperback)
A girl must choose between two men of entirely opposite backgrounds! What a delightful situation! All the suspense, twists, turns, and conflicts add up to a wonderful story of attention-holding romance. A must read for all lovers of romance novels written by a truly great, favorite author of numerous quality romance novels!
Evelyn Horan - teacher/counselor/author
Jeannie, A Texas Frontier Girl Books One-Three

5.0 out of 5 stars A must-read for lovers of historical romantic fiction!, April 19 2003
J. P. Warrant "JPW" (United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hummingbird (Paperback)
As of now, there are only three books that I would take the time to read over and over again. "Years" by LaVyrle Spencer is one; "Hummingbird" is another; the third is "The Thornbirds" by Colleen McCullough. I've read all three of them time and time again, and they always make me cry. (That's saying a lot for a girl who is normally not prone to emotions!)
This is an excellent book. Some have complained about the bickering between the two main characters, but I think that just added to the romantic tension. I really just wanted to slap each of them upside the head and say, "Don't you see what his happening here?!?!"
I have to admit: I was never really into romance novels until my sister recommended LaVyrle Spencer to me. Her novels keep me captivated to the end of the book. They keep me guessing. I absolutely HATE it when the two main characters meet and sleep together in the first 100 pages. LaVyrle Spencer keeps the reader guessing, and keeps the tension a vital part of the romance.
Her novels seem to follow a particular pattern, yes, but it's a pattern that keeps me reading. I recommend her books to any romance novel fan!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Lavyrle Spencer classic, March 16 2003
This review is from: Hummingbird (Paperback)
Need I say more?? A must read. I love the "less that perfect"
heroine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Spencer Does It Once Again!!, Jan. 24 2003
This review is from: Hummingbird (Paperback)
The only disappointment that I feel is that I came to learn about this author so late. I love her books, especially YEARS. So far that is my favorite. I also love the love story between Jesse and Abigail. And I can't believe I am writing this but I didn't feel the leat bit sorry for David. I usually feel sorry for the under dog. He was really getting on my nerves. Even the wound he sustained on the train wasn't a man's wound. I think the only back bone he had was when he got angry.
I enjoyed the constant bickering between Jesse and Abigail. It made me smile to myself most of the time. I truly recommend this book to anyone. My only reget is that I took this book out of the library rather than buying it. We all know that books can be rather costly these days. But, I can always take it out agin.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Romance Novel Ever Written, Sept. 5 2002
This review is from: Hummingbird (Paperback)
I have never come across another book I've enjoyed more. The only novels that come close would be Ms. Spencer's other writings. She's incredible. After you read this, run out and get everything she's ever written. I re-read them constantly. I've yet to find an author who can compare. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know! I doubt it!

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my favorites, June 27 2002
Cheryl (Sask. Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hummingbird (Paperback)
This was the first book I had read by Lavryle Spencer years ago and it hooked me. I've been a fan ever since.This was a great love story and nobody could have told it better than her.I think I read this one twice.All of her books are good and i was very saddened when she decide to retire.Guess I'll have to keep all of her books and reread them again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Where's my Jesse?, Jan. 14 2002
"samlaser" (san francisco, ca United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hummingbird (Paperback)
LaVyrle Spencer is a wonderful writer. This book is heartwarming and lovely.
I am sad to have finished it and glad to be able to pick it up again.
Way to go, LaVyrle!

3.0 out of 5 stars Abbie was a little annoying, May 18 2000
This review is from: Hummingbird (Paperback)
This is the first Lavyrle Spencer novel I've read and I think she is an excellent writer. Her characters were well developed with lots of conflict to keep you going but I think I've had enough of sharped-tongue,feisty, repressed women who yell and scream at the hero to hide her own confusion. Granted, Ms Spencer probably wrote this novel way before any of the other "strong and plucky" heroines I've read lately, still I think I'm more into the sweet love stories without all the ranting and raving.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›
ARRAY(0xbc1b99d8)

Hummingbird Can
Hummingbird Can by LaVyrle Spencer (Mass Market Paperback - May 1983)
Used & New from: CDN$ 0.75