5.0 out of 5 stars "New" Nora fan
Published on June 22 2001 by emt0402

3.0 out of 5 stars Good book, but too much gore.
This was the second book I have read by Nora Roberts and I enjoyed it very much. I did have a problem with all of the gore and murders. I found myself having to go back and read over some of the gore to get part of the story. I think it could have been written without so much detailed gore. But nonetheless, it was worth reading.
Published on Dec 19 2001 by Shasta L. Ortwein

5.0 out of 5 stars "New" Nora fan, June 22 2001
This review is from: Montana Sky (Mass Market Paperback)
I used to work in a bookstore, where Nora Roberts was a big joke. We all use to kid around that someone who wrote so many books had to be following a format and couldn't be any good. But this book changed my opinion and has hooked me on her books. A friend had a copy on a long flight and with lack of nothing better to do, I picked it up. The story of the three Mercy sisters mixed with a murderer was unlike any author I had ever read. And I was hooked. There was no putting this book (or her others) down after that. So, for all you skeptics or just someone looking for a great read-I highly recommend this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Murder, Suspense, Humor, Romance... incredible!, May 18 2004
Meg "Livin la vida loca in Maine!" (Presque Isle, ME, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Montana Sky (Mass Market Paperback)
I went into reading this book, believing it would be a trilogy, as many of the Nora Roberts books I've read before have been. And in all honesty it could have been a trilogy, with everything in it, but it would have watered down the writing. This was an unbelievable book. There were so many different twists and turns, it kept me on my toes at all times. This is definitely one of my favorite books of the year, and as someone who reads alot, that's definitely no small feat for Nora Roberts. Roberts writes so clearly, and with so much description, you can picture yourself in the Montana outback in the Rockies, hunting down a serial killer in your mist, falling in love, and running a ranch. Willa was the best part of the book, a strong female character who in many ways was a little girl who at the beginning of the book still sought out her father's affection after his death, and at the end of the book, she was a woman, having grown. I loved every minute of it (and was up until 5am reading it! Couldn't put it down!) If this book isn't in your summer reading plans, change them!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Hugh Nora Roberts Fan!!!, Feb. 15 2004
This review is from: Montana Sky (Mass Market Paperback)
This is the first Nora Roberts book I read. I purchased this book from a book club, picking it from the short caption about the story. I didn't read it for several months but when I did I was hooked on Nora Roberts. Nora Roberts can be very suspensefull writer and at the same time add romance to the mix. I love her books and have purchased and read 15-20 of them. I look forward to all her new releases as they are the best.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best of Nora Roberts, Jan. 11 2004
This review is from: Montana Sky (Mass Market Paperback)
This was one of the first Nora Roberts books I ever read and it still remains to be the best! Excellent writer with great plot and mystery. Fan for life and read all of her books as soon as they come out!

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Story!, Sept. 10 2003
Cynthia (Miami, Florida USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Montana Sky (Mass Market Paperback)
Wow. I am a huge fan of Nora Roberts, and 'Montana Sky' kept me there. I love this story. It is exactly what I wanted to catch myself in. The detail was awesome, the characters lovable, and the story unbeilievable. I am currently writting my own novel and even though I know I'll never, ever be as good as Ms. Roberts, I hope to be at least a quater... Anyway, this story was a beautiful one. I loved it. But, then again, there hasn't been a book by Nora Roberts that I don't like! Great story!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, July 7 2003
This review is from: Montana Sky (Mass Market Paperback)
Another Fabulous Nora Roberts Book. I feel in love with every character in the book and she kept me guessing until the very end. I could hardly put the book down. Great Book. Everyone should read it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Her best book yet!, June 18 2003
This review is from: Montana Sky (Mass Market Paperback)
Nora Roberts has done it again! This is her best novel of all of them that I've read (and I've read a *lot*!)
Murder, mystery, and romance all in one fantastic novel that begins with a twist. Once you start, you won't be able to put it down, and once you do finish, you'll pick it back up again.
The characters are believable, and you feel what they feel. You laugh when they laugh and you gasp with horror with them at the plot twists- I guarantee that there's one coming that you'll not see.
A fabulous job by Nora Roberts, and I highly recommend that you buy this novel and read it.

5.0 out of 5 stars How does one pick a favorite, when written by Nora Roberts?, Jan. 8 2003
This review is from: Montana Sky (Mass Market Paperback)
The first book of Nora's that I ever read was "Divine Evil" (1992). Still one of my favorites. I was hooked and have been reading her novels ever since, enjoying the fact that I had once thought that her writings could not be improved upon or portrayed any better. I am more than happy to admit my naivety with every story she spins out, and every mind provoking journey her words lead me through.
Montana Sky is by far one of her best novels. It is raw and gritty and sometimes gruesome, but life on a ranch is no hay ride and Nora's ability to shock other readers into tossing it to the trash, says it all.
I believe those book tossers gave the highest praise of all. The world we live in is raw and more often than not shocking and Nora gives her readers the truest sense of the stories images, characters and atmosphere. Be they breathtaking or horrific - hero, victim or villain - chaotic, placid or dangerous, she will convey more than a mere conjuring of words.
This is her gift. There will be no emotion unfelt or setting unseen while reading her books and yes, these emotions and images will stay with you.
When I read a novel that leaves no emotional stone unturned, or scene etched into the mind, I know I'm feeling and seeing what was intended. No one can doubt what Nora intends when she gives you a glimpse into the mind of a truly creative, imaginative and superb spinner of tales.
Nora's secret is in the absence of words. A good writer paints a story with limited colors and details, allowing a reader to add their own imagination as well.
If you want the simple, the upfront, the obvious, read someone else's stories. If you want your imagination to be truly drawn in and immersed into another world, then read Nora's novels. Montana Sky is a rare gift from Nora that will draw you in, folding you into the lives of the Mercy's and others while they grapple with sorrow, fear, happiness and so much more that comes with family and a hard life that most can not imagine.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not a must read, Oct. 17 2002
This review is from: Montana Sky (Mass Market Paperback)
This book is not what you should think of when you see the name Nora ROberts. I sugest that if you have never read a Roberts then don't let this be your first. The plot is some what simple and will not capture your atention for long. I sugest you read Sancuary, Homeport, Sweet revenge. If you are looking for somthing out of this world and in my opion one of nora's best then Devine evil is the book for you!

1.0 out of 5 stars Why so many detailed descriptions of animal torture?, Oct. 15 2002
This review is from: Montana Sky (Mass Market Paperback)
I usually love Nora Roberts' books, particularly those set in Ireland, but was so disturbed by this one that I had to stop reading it. There are horrifying descriptions of the torture and killing of an old barn cat, a beloved pet, and several descriptions of sadistic torture of cattle, as well detailed descriptions of castrating and dehorning young male cattle. I was so upset by this unnecessary horror that I threw out the book. I am still haunted by these descriptions and the suffering she describes of the poor animals. I hope Nora Roberts will stick to her normal writing and lay off this sort of work in the future. Otherwise, will have to stop reading and recommending her work - these detailed descriptions of animal suffering are sick.

ARRAY(0xbfd4d294)

Montana Sky
Montana Sky by Nora Roberts (Mass Market Paperback - Jan. 11 2002)
CDN$ 8.99 CDN$ 8.54