5.0 out of 5 stars jewels of the sun book
I had purchased this book for my mother as she loves this author, and likes everything she has written. Exceptional.
Published 12 months ago by susan wood

3.0 out of 5 stars So-so romance
Jewels of the Sun, while not my favorite Nora Roberts tale, still was a pleasant way to spend some time...the best part of the story was its placement in Ireland...the setting at the cottage on Faerie Hill in the small town of Ardmore along with the weaving in of Irish fairy tales made a hum drum book sing...the main character, Jude Frances, was not believable...she was...
Published on March 13 2003 by Sharon Knutson

5.0 out of 5 stars jewels of the sun book, March 29 2013
This review is from: Jewels of the Sun (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars The best ROMANCE novel i ever read!, May 23 2004
This review is from: Jewels of the Sun: The Gallaghers of Ardmore Trilogy #1 (Mass Market Paperback)
My favorite book will always be Jewels of the sun, it was an exciting book that made you never want to put it down. Every page made you wanting to know more, left you hoping the ending was happy. Adian, Shawn, Jude, Dracy, and etc made you laugh, cry, and yell on the inside and i have to say sometimes i did laugh out loud. they were awsome characters that made you see it all as you read. Nora Roberts is the best writer of her time because only the best can make me mentaly piant a picture in my head of what i read so since Nora Roberts can do that she is the best author. i recammend this book to all who love an exciting Romance Novel. i have the book 18 times and everytime it just gets better and better and so i am a huge fan of Nora Roberts.

4.0 out of 5 stars absolutely enchanting!, Jan. 21 2004
By A Customer
Oh,my,gosh,I love this book!After I read it I could only keep
repeating how I would die to go to Ireland.Aidans a doll,Jude is
beyond lovable,and Mr.Riley gets full marks!I'm in the middle of
Heart of the Sea and I must say both it and Tears of the Moon,
while charming books,aren't quite as original as the first.
But the whole trilogy makes a smashing good read,and Gallaghers
pub was simply inspired!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great trilogy, Oct. 6 2003
By A Customer
I am reading the trilogy for the second time. I wish that I knew more about faeries and Irish folklore, as it seems so captivating. I feel as though I have been to Ireland, with the way that Nora Roberts writes.
As with pretty much all romance novels, one of the characters fights the relationship. Usually the leading lady is cast as either the Stubborn Feisty Independent type, or the Helpless and Needy type. This book goes with the former. I roll my eyes at some of the love scenes... but isn't that why we read these anyway!? :)
By the way, the second and third in the trilogy are just as good!

4.0 out of 5 stars Realistic Characters in a Fairy Tale Setting, Aug. 25 2003
Trisha A. Howell "Howell Canyon Press author" (Los Angeles, CA, United States) - See all my reviews
An enchanting setting and a passionate fairy tale provide the charming background to this contemporary story that explores the complexity, independence and passion of two people from different worlds. The characters feel so real that you expect them to walk out of the pages and start breathing. A very fun and satisfying romance.

4.0 out of 5 stars The first of a good series, July 31 2003
Lorianne Gostage "Bookworm" (Sacramento, CA United States) - See all my reviews
Starting off brilliantly, this book does manage to get bogged down in typical romantic stereotypes. However, it is well written, moves at an easy pace, and is enjoyable to the end. Up there with Nora's best attempts, and easily recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars A story that had me hooked from the start, July 19 2003
Richard Poulsen "and Family" (Moraine, OH United States) - See all my reviews
When I first started reading this book I knew I had to have the other two also. I couldn't put it down after I got it. The storyline is beautiful not only because its very discriptive, but most of all because it taught me alot about learning to love yourself before being able to love anyone else. Jude is one of those people who start out insecure with themselfes.
As the book goes on she slowly learns more about who she is and what she wants out of life. This tale truly touched my heart unlike any other story I've ever read before. The other books are equally as wonderful. Each book adds to the others another piece to the puzzle.

5.0 out of 5 stars Irish Eyes are Smilin' :), June 20 2003
Jeannie Ruesch (Winters, CA United States) - See all my reviews
I've had this book on my bookshelves for a couple of months (in the never ending TBR pile). For some reason, it kept getting passed over. Then I finally picked it up one day last week, and once I opened it, I couldn't put it down! This book combines a perfect blend of contemporary romance with old Irish lore, and it's a wonderful mix of both.
Jude is wonderfully human with a neurotic tendency (to which I can COMPLETELY relate!) and Aidan, well, Aidan is just a dream come true! More than anything, I love how it hints at no matter how real life can get, you always need a little Irish magic. :)
On to the 2nd book!!! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars was unexcited about this book--- BUT FELL IN LOVE w/it!, May 22 2003
"kimbercreations" (West Norriton, PA United States) - See all my reviews
I was not too happy about the reading selection at the store I visited on my way to the beach with my family last year.... but I saw the cover and thought--- great! light reading- if I hate it= I can just give it away to someone on the beach!
Well, I couldn't put the book down!!!! I surprised myself! The BOOK surprised me!
I saw tons of women reading the same book on the beach & a few just walking around with it!
It was a sweet book. It takes you away for a while from the daily drudging through life... you almost feel like you are there- peering into the character's lives like thru an open window or something... very good book... great for the beach, but really great all year round!

5.0 out of 5 stars The start of another great Irish Trilogy by Roberts, May 4 2003
Tanya L. Schaub "TSchlaack" (Livermore, Maine USA) - See all my reviews
I have found after fighting my tastes I really like Nora Roberts stories. Especially the ones set in Ireland.
This is the start of a new trilogy. The stories center around Cerdick the Fairy Prince who has to make things right to be able to spare the ghost of his past love and spend eternity with her. The Gallagher clan (Adian, Shawn and Darcy) must meet their true loves...
This is Aiden's story. He meets vacationing Jude who is basically trying to figure out what she really wants to do with her life. She has moved to an Aunts cottage for 6 months to work on a project that she really knows is her way of trying to find herself.
As usual there is a bit of unbelievable in any story that also has Fairies but this one also shows the misunderstandings that happen in a lot of relationships.
If you are looking for a good romance this one is for you.

ARRAY(0xb4fb9b94)

Jewels of the Sun: The Gallaghers of Ardmore Trilogy #1
Jewels of the Sun: The Gallaghers of Ardmore Trilogy #1 by Nora Roberts (Mass Market Paperback - Sept. 27 2004)
CDN$ 10.99 CDN$ 9.89