5.0 out of 5 stars Out Of This World!!!
(Paperback review)
Out Of This World!!! No other way to put it! I've read all of the "In Death" Series by Robb(Aka Roberts) and enjoyed everyone. This one "Interlude..." did not disappoint. Excellent as always! I liked the fact it was short (89 pages). Told the story and got to the conclusion, left you wanting for more of Eve & Roarke.
I was however a...
Published on March 10 2002

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Marketing Ploy
"Out of This World" is a series of four vignettes whose only connection is that they each have a futuristic theme. The four are very cleverly packaged by the publisher: J.D. Robb (aka Nora Roberts) guarantees instant sales, as Eve and Roarke fanatics like me are severely addicted and cannot pass up ANY new book that offers more of these characters. Therefore,...
Published on Aug. 31 2001 by Wendy Kaplan

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent anthology!, Oct. 11 2003
K. J. Blake "Super Reader" (Phoenix,AZ United States) - See all my reviews
Excellent!
This is 4 pieces of fiction by the top names in paranormal romance fiction! The J.D. Robb is a fun Eve Dallas short novella, Susan Krinard gets a new take on her werewolves, the Maggie Shayne offering is part 4 to her Witches trilogy Eternity, Infinity and Destiny, and the Laurel Hamillton is just plain Anita Blake brand of fun! This is not a themed collection so much as a treat for fans of all 4 authors- and a chance to get to know these series in short form. One of the best! I have read this several times and wish it was available in a hardcover ( not large print) to go on my keeper shelf - my paperback is worn out!
Also recommended: Maggie Shayne Immortal Witch series: Eternity, Infinity, Destiny, Anne Rice The Mayfair Witches series, Karen Harbaugh The Vampire Viscount and watch her new vampire books! They are hot!

4.0 out of 5 stars Tangy with a touch of tart, Nov. 3 2002
Dawnine K. Clews "dawnine" (Taichung Taiwan) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Out of this World (Mass Market Paperback)
I love romance and anthologies are so perfect for a little relaxing night time reading before your beauty sleep. Add to that the mystery of alien worlds, telepaths and good ol' detective work... no matter what the environment... and you are going to get an intriguing mix. The cherry on top is that all of these stories are well crafted by experienced storytellers... and often inspire you to hunt down some of their other works. A definite for any fan of sci-fi / fantasy who also likes the romance genre.
In fact the only draw back that I can recall is from Harding's Anita Blake installment. We get a wonderful mini-story of an interesting love triangle but the rest of the plot is left unfinished... thus you have to hunt down the appropriate book in the Anita Blake series to see how the rest of the situation works out.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not worth the effort, Feb. 4 2003
This review is from: Out of this World (Mass Market Paperback)
I BOUGHT THIS BOOK BECAUSE IT CONTAINED A "NEW" ANITA BLAKE STORY. IN FACT IT ONLY CONTAINS THE FIRST 6 CHAPTERS OF NARCISSUS IN CHAINS. THE ROBB STORY WAS GOOD, IF YOU ARE FAMILIAR WITH THE EVE DALLAS SAGA, ELSE, YOU MIGHT NOT BE TO INTREAGED BY IT. I LIKED IMMORTAL AS WELL, BUT WAS GLAD IT WAS ONLY ABOUT 100 PAGES, I DON'T THINK I COULD HAVE TAKEN ANY MORE. IF I HAD REALIZED THAT THERE WAS NO NEW HAMILTON STORY IN THIS ANTHOLOGY, I WOULD NOT HAVE BOUGHT IT. AS IS IT, I'M MORE THAN A LITTLE SORRY I WASTED MY TIME AND MONEY. I SUGGEST YOU READ THE ANITA BLAKE SERIES BY HAMILTON, THE DALLAS SERIES BY ROBB, AND THE DARK JEWLES SERIES BY ANNE BISHOP. DON'T WASTE YOUR VALUABLE TIME ON THIS BOOK UNLESS YOU ARE A DIE HARD FAN OF ONE OF THE AUTHORS.

2.0 out of 5 stars This book lacked cohesion., Sept. 14 2001
Harmony "harmonize" (Kansas City, MO USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Out of this World (Mass Market Paperback)
This book was a collection of four completely unrelated stories. The book came from four authors of three differnt genera, two romance authors, one mystery, and one science fiction. The four stories take place in completely different universes. I read this book because I have read all of Laurell K. Hamilton's books and liked them, however the novella in this book by her is nothing of the sort, it is simply the begining of her soon to be published book Narcisis in Chains. It has no conclusion whatsoever and in my opinion publishing portions of a book piecemeal lowers the value of the total book.

2.0 out of 5 stars J.D. Robb is great--The others aren't worth the time., Feb. 8 2002
This review is from: Out of this World (Mass Market Paperback)
If you are a fan of the J. D. Robb "In Death" series with Eve Dallas as the main character, then you will probably want to get this book just to read the short story featuring Eve Dallas by J.D. Robb. The other three stories will probably be an ever-increasing disappointment to you. The final story in this book was about a menage a trois and ended with absolutely no resolution of any of the plot points whatsoever. I rate it a complete waste of time and money. But I love Eve Dallas' character so I would have bought the book if only for her story.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good buy; a fast read, Aug. 20 2001
Angela (Tallahassee, FL United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Out of this World (Mass Market Paperback)
I purchased this book because i knew it contained an excerpt from narcissus in Chains, Laurell Hamilton's next novel. This particular excerpt was as good as I as expecting, and, of course, just made me want the actual novel to come out even sooner. That said, I did enjoy the other 3 short stories. JD Robb made a respectable showing, as did susan Krinard. I did expect more out of Maggie Shayne, but this story is not bad, just not up to the showing of the other three. In all, a pretty good anthology.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Worlds, Sept. 8 2001
This review is from: Out of this World (Mass Market Paperback)
J.D. Robb, Laurell Hamilton and Maggie Shayne wrote wonderful stories featuring worlds they had previously established. They were a delight and a joy to read. All three of these stories were up to their usual standards. Susan Krinard's fantastic world was quite a treat. With such a short number of pages available, she did a beautiful job of creating a whole new world. The story was fun to read and left you hoping that a book in the future would feature this wonderful new world. What a great book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't wait for the next one., June 6 2003
J COFFMAN "Jackie" (Solihull, West Midlands, England.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Out of this World (Mass Market Paperback)
I bought this one for Puabi's story Immortatily by Maggie Shayne. She was the evil dark witch in Destiny & I thought how can Maggie write a story about a dark one & then I thought there's more here than meets the eye & Puabi is not a dark immortal witch, but I was wrong. How Maggie did it was brilliant. I loved the twist in the end & can't wait for the next story. This series is brilliant, please keep it coming & bring us back the other immortals from the previous books.

2.0 out of 5 stars A little much......., Sept. 3 2001
Michael Kranjcevich (Seattle, WA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Out of this World (Mass Market Paperback)
to pay for the first 6 chapters of "Narcissus in Chains" by L. Hamilton.....not that I'm not going to buy it when it does come out, but the teaser for the book inferred that it was a new story, and NOT just the opening for a new book, which is why I wanted it, only to find out otherwise. The other storys were ok, having not read any of the authors before, and I might pick up another J.D. Robb story, but later....not immediately.

1.0 out of 5 stars Danger Danger Will Robinson -Foul Play!, Aug. 10 2001
This review is from: Out of this World (Mass Market Paperback)
I thought this would have four short stories instead it only has one (J. D. Robb) the rest are excerpts of up coming books (some not coming out until October)! Why would I spend 8$ for the first chapter of a book and then wait 2 more months to get the rest. If your that eager go ahead, the J. D. Robb may be worth it alone. But you were warned

Out of this World
Out of this World by Maggie Shayne (Mass Market Paperback - Jan. 17 2002)
CDN$ 8.99 CDN$ 8.54