Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage Personal Care Kitchen Kindle Music Deals Store Cycling Tools minions

Heartmate
Format: Mass Market PaperbackChange

Showing 1-3 of 3 reviews(2 star)show all reviews
on May 11, 2002
I got the impression that the author was trying to make her two main characters likeable, people you could feel sympathy for, but mostly they were just annoying. Rand T'Ash was the worst, and I really wonder why Danith ever fell for him. I've read several romance novels with arrogant male characters (for example, every Dara Joy book), and I liked a lot of those, but Rand didn't have any likeable characteristics that I could see, other than the fact that he was gorgeous. That's not enough. The only reason I don't give the book a one is because of Zanth, T'Ash's feline Familiar. Owens does a brilliant job with him. The best dialouges were the ones where someone was talking with Zanth. This author should really stick to writing cats.
on January 18, 2002
Well the cat Zanth was the one bright spot in this book. I laughed at what he said and did. The main characters of this book Rand T'Ash and Danith Mallow were boring to me. They seemed very self involved and really didn't seem to be loving of the other. I wish this book had been better. I liked some of the other secondary characters of the Holly brothers because they seemed more alive and spirited. There were some interesting sub plots but the author didn't really explore them which I think would have made the story better.
on November 20, 2002
When reading everyone's reviews for this book it seemed that there was such high praise that I had to try it because I enjoy this genre so much.
The book though, was horrible. I would normally not write a review unless it was positive, but I did not want everyone to be drawn to it through "high praise" like I was.
In previous reviews as well as recommendations this book was likened to Dara Joy. It does not even come close. To compare them is to basically admit that you have never really read a Dara Joy novel.
The book is the main character T'Ash constantly repreating himself about how "You are my Heartmate.." blah blah blah. It really could have been a much shorter book.
The concept of the book was good, what with the "Flair" idea, but nothing seems to happen! Nothing! Its just T'Ash visiting her house or visa versa, trying to force Danith to accept the whole overplayed heartmate bit. It was not even like it was a romantic forcing it was strickly verbal.
Ah and the infamous cat, Zanth. What an annoying addition this was. The cat was always snippy, unintresting and I didn't really care for the halting way it spoke. C'mon if a cat is smart enough to achive mental telepathy shouldn't it be at least speak in complete sentances.
Also there dosen't seem to be no real character development till the last 3 pages. You do not get to see T'Ash become anything but the moody, one dimensional character that he portrays until the last couple paragraphs.
I really think that everyone should try a book on their own, and not by what everyone says. But don't be fooled by all the false praise about this book, its really not all its cracked up to be.