5.0 out of 5 stars Ending
A great ending to an interesting series of books. It ties the whole story together and all ends well for all involved unless of course you are a criminal.
Published 1 month ago by Joanne Williams

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but lacked.......something.
Published on Feb. 12 2004

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but lacked.......something., Feb. 12 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Chesapeake Blue (Hardcover)
I am a very big fan of the trilogy of Quinn brothers.....each book got into such detail about their personalities and love interests that you can't help but get sucked in! With Chesapeake Blue, I think it's been such an awaited event in coming out, that I put a lot of hope into it. It was good...don't get me wrong....I love Nora Roberts...however, the love story was okay. It was great to see all the brothers with their families. The appearance of the blackmailing Gloria was a little too much.
I think I expected this incredible ending and was a little disappointed with it.....the whole fire thing was unnecessary I thought....because it destroyed Seth's drawings as a young boy, which at that time, was his way of starting to heal. I honestly would have liked to see Gloria drive herself off a cliff!
I did love the fact though, that it was Stella this time that appeared rather than Ray.
I do still love the Quinn men - Ethan captured my heart the most - and was glad to see the book wrapped up each of their lives.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ending, June 7 2014

1.0 out of 5 stars ripped page, March 9 2014
After reading book 3 - excited to start book four.
Discovered centre of the book had 5-6 ripped and missing parts of pages!
very disappointing!!
last time I will order books from Amazon...

3.0 out of 5 stars Final book raps up loose ends, Dec 26 2013
Similar to one of the other books re new girl friend. It is a bit predictable, Still enjoyed the family dynamics.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice read!, Sept. 2 2013
It was a good "wrap up" of the characters. My only complaint is that her writing style became predictable. I really enjoyed all 4 books though!

4.0 out of 5 stars the book I did not receive, Aug. 11 2013
I did not receive the Kindle version of this book or any of the other ones from this set off 4. I purchased the hard copies at my nearest bookstore!!!!
I'm concerned right now about trying to order any more Kindle books.

4.0 out of 5 stars From Tangier to Little Choptank...for lunch, March 17 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Chesapeake Blue: The Chesapeake Bay Saga #4 (Mass Market Paperback)
I confess that I want to complain about this trilogy/quadrilogy largely because of my un-PC affection for it. These books offer brief (and, alas, imaginary) fulfillments of three of my long-cherished wishes: close extended family, a job that lets me have evenings off (maybe with a beer in hand) and both of the above in Chesapeake country. (I already have the great relationship, but one of the sorrows of adult life is finding that even spectacular relationships don't fill every gap.)
Okay, so Roberts doesn't know Chesapeake country as well as people seem to think--no, you CAN'T sail in a fifteen-foot skiff from Tangier Sound to the Little Choptank before lunchtime, and if Ethan's really a waterman he'd know you haul up your heavy stuff with winches, not wenches. Okay, so the real reason the Brothers Quinn all have to be self-employed is because the lower Shore's economically depressed. So the Quinn family, despite its tormented background, is just a little too perfect: what, NO learning disabilities, sexual dysfunctions, drug problems, power struggles, school cutbacks, or marital struggles for dominance? Everybody survives those heinous childhoods without any therapy at all and comes out more mentally healthy than anyone has a right to be? (Incidentally, that's why we probably won't get Aubrey's story; as the eldest of the first generation of Non-Conflicted Quinns, she has no childhood betrayals to overcome.) And who took care of all those kids anyway while Anna was working long hours in Princess Anne and Cam was at the boatyard? Even Grace might blanch at the prospect of nursemaiding seven kids.
These are all genuine flaws in the books, including Chesapeake Blue, but as an exilt from Chesapeake and extended family alike, I'm eerily forgiving of this series. Imagination and memory fill in the gaps: if Roberts implies that Phillip (my fave--pity he has no speaking part in this novel) drives off the Bay Bridge into pristine salt marsh, ignoring the development that's scarring the Shore from Cecil to Accomac, I just shake my head and sniffle onwards. I still love this series as much as it's possible for me to love formula romance.
The bottom line? Family plus location, location, location. The sex is pedestrian (I mean, COULD the orgasm be described in nonviolent terms a bit more often?), the romance plot predictably predictable, but the idealized family and the idealized Shore together are a sentimental powerhouse, at least for readers like me.

5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful ending to the Quinn family saga, March 5 2004
After globetrotting for several years succesful artist Seth Quinn has finally returned home to his beloved family. He finds nothing much has changed since he left.His family is a little older but still tightly knit and boisterous as ever. However, one thing did change in his absence.The sleepy town of St. Chris has a new resident, the mysterious and reserved Drusilla Whitcomb Banks.
Dru is the daughter of a wealthy and powerful Washington family and because of her family's wealth and connections she has learned the hard way the perils of letting people get too close and personal. So, while Seth is instantly smitten with her she tries to keep him at arms length. But Dru did not count on being so attracted to the sinfully handsome and extremely charming Seth and she had no idea how determined he could be. Before long she finds she can't stop thinking about him and his wonderful family. She is utterly charmed with the down to earth, affectionate Quinns. Although at first she feels like a fish out of water with such a large, loud, outspoken family so different from her own but she is soon regarded as Seth's girl and so therefore a part of the family. Dru has no idea what to do with that and the dangerous feelings Seth is awakening in her, feelings she swore she would never allow herself to feel for anyone again. On the other hand, Seth does not question his feelings for Dru but someone from his past reappears in his life threatening his family and because of his connection to him, Dru herself.
I thought it would be hard to pick a favorite book from an author with such an impressive backlist. But after reading this book it was actually very easy. This book is just an absolute joy to read. Seth is sweet, charming, sensitive and doesn't suffer from the emotional constipation that so many romance heroes seem to be afflicted with. What I mean is that Seth is open about his felings for Dru from the start and readily admits his love for her and that is indeed a rare treat for me. On the other hand, Dru was a little harder to like at first and this is a problem I have with many of Roberts heroines. In my opinion they tend to come across as too self contained and aloof and at the beginning of the book Dru seemed to exhibit those annoying qualities. However, as the story progresses Dru slowly sheds the icy facade layer by layer and little by little the reader discovers the reasons for her coolness towards Seth and by the end it is a delight to see her transformation into a warm and loving woman. So, in the end I loved Dru as much as Seth. Finally, what I loved even more that Seth and Dru's perfect love was revisiting the awesome, larger than life Quinn family. Roberts has such a rare gift for realistically portraying the intricate dynamics of family and male bonding and as a result she makes her characters come alive and seem so real to the reader.The scenes with the Quinn family and the interactions between Seth and his brothers are priceless.I had absolutely no quibbles with this book at all so I consider this book a perfect read in every way. In case there's any doubt I highly recommend Chesapeake Blue and while I think the book is stand alone I strongly suggest reading the first three books (Sea Swept, Rising Tides, Inner Harbor) in order to appreciate the perfection that is this book. :0)

5.0 out of 5 stars In a word...Amazing!, Feb. 23 2004
By A Customer
A few years ago, a friend gave me two Nora Roberts books and told me to read them, that they were excellent. One was SeaSwept and the other was Rising Tides. I read the inside flap and thought Nah, maybe sometime if I have nothing to read I'll read them. They just didn't seem romantic enough for me to read as I'm a die hard romantic and like my books to have lots of it. In a bookstore a couple weeks ago, I saw Roberts had a new book out. Chesapeake Blue. I bought it and began to read it a few days ago and could hardly put it down. Seth is so witty and charming and lovable that you can't wait to hear what he says or does next. As I read it, I put it together that this was book number 4 in a series. I went to my bookcase and found the first two sitting there collecting dust. From what I've read here on other reviews about this book, I can't wait to read the first three. I finished Chesapeake Blue this morning and am now going to start at the beginning. I can't wait to read Cam's story. This book was a real piece of work and you won't be disappointed in it. But beware...if you don't have a lot of time for reading, don't start it until you do otherwise nothing around the house is going to get done till you're through with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ms. Roberts does it again. . . . ., Sept. 12 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: Chesapeake Blue (Hardcover)
This one could have been a tough one for Ms. Roberts - after the truly excellent Chesapeake Bay trilogy, Seaswept, Rising Tides and Inner Harbour, she was "plagued" by fans to write Seth's story.
I was looking forward to reading it, as well as having some trepidation as to what I would find - it has been known for only two out of three books to be good in a trilogy ( Three Sister's Island, in my opinion ) and I so did not want the set ruined with a below par fourth.
I need'nt have worried. Right from the start the book grabbed the attention and did'nt let go to the last page. It all felt so fresh and yet it was like re-visiting old friends. I must admit half the reason for buying the hardback was I could'nt wait to catch up with Cam & Anna, Ethan & Grace and Phillip & Sybil. Ms.Roberts did'nt disappoint. As well as all the "catching-up" there was Seth's story as an adult and the conclusion to some loose ends that had been left from the trilogy. Sorry, to say more would give things away.
If you have'nt read the trilogy then this book might leave you "lost" as there are many references to events and humour carried through from the first three - but if you have read them it makes it all the more richer.
Wonderful. Funny. Endearing. Moving. Highly recommended.

Chesapeake Blue: The Chesapeake Bay Saga #4
Chesapeake Blue: The Chesapeake Bay Saga #4 by Nora Roberts (Mass Market Paperback - Jan. 27 2004)
CDN$ 8.99 CDN$ 8.54