4.0 out of 5 stars board books becoming thinner..
Published on Aug. 23 2006 by bananasplitz

1.0 out of 5 stars baby beluga
The one book came in about 10 days so I gave it to my grandson for Christmas but the other book that I had ordered for him for christmas as well didn't show up until the middle of Januaury. The books were in good shape.
Published on Feb. 6 2009 by Nellie Zacharias

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars board books becoming thinner.., Aug. 23 2006
bananasplitz (Port Alberni, BC) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Baby Beluga (Board book)
Great book, as described by other reviewers. One thing I noticed is that the copy I bought from here has thinner pages than the one we borrowed from the library. When matched up against the thicker book, this one was about 2/3s thinner. I hope that these pages will hold up in durability since my daughter loves it when I "sing" her stories to her. On the positive side, the illustrations are more vibrant in color.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for lyric-challenged parents, Jan. 19 2014
This review is from: Baby Beluga (Paperback)
Loved this song for my kids, but kept forgetting the words. The book is excellent and there is a music sheet at the back so you can play it on the piano, etc.

5.0 out of 5 stars We love Raffi!!, Jan. 17 2014
2 CUPS A DAY - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Baby Beluga (Board book)
My 2 year old grandson loves anything Raffi. This book is the song and is beautifully illustrated, a must for Raffi lovers!

5.0 out of 5 stars Baby Beluga in the Deep Blue Sea., May 27 2013
Ashley Prince (Orr Lake, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Baby Beluga (Board book)
I loved this book as a child and I bought it for my soon to be niece or nephew. Its a song turned into a book by the children's artist Raffi. If you've never heard the song, go into youtube and find it. You won't be sorry. Children love this! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars 3 years old loves this!, May 20 2013
Marianna (Victoria, British Columbia, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Baby Beluga (Board book)
We learned the song and then we bought the book - the illustrations are wonderful and we can sing along with the book which makes everything even better - great book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty Book, Jan. 12 2013
There are very few words on each page with simple drawings. Had music score at back which is a nice addition. Matches Raffi song buy same name.

4.0 out of 5 stars Even my husband sings this song, Oct. 13 2003
Yora Doder "yodathemama" (Quesnel, British Columbia Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Baby Beluga (Paperback)
Before we even knew of this book we had been playing Raffi's "Baby Beluga" CD for our small boy. I had noticed the book in stores but thought it was silly to have a book for a song we already knew.
And then we found the book in the public library.
Hello! Our two year old was so excited. He adores sea creatures so he would have liked the book even if it were just illusrations of fish and whales, but it thrilled him to discover that his song was in this book! He often sings full phrases of the song to us. He has memorized many of the words and has for a long time been taken with the line "Moon is shining and the stars are out" which to him is THE correct way to discuss any night sky in any picture, even if no stars or moon are visible.
I digress. The book is a hit. Last time we went to the library our son put in his order. He wanted "Baby Beluga" and "Caps for Sale". Unfortunately "Baby Beluga" was out, so we had to wait by the phone till it came in.
This evening I went to say goodnight to our son while my husband was reading the bedtime stories, and I caught him singing "Baby Beluga" as they read the book together--a sweet sound in the ears of a wife who rarely hears her husband sing.
The words are simple imagery; the pictures have introduced our youngster to other sealife, like seals, walruses, narwhals (the ones with the unicorn tusk)... but we like the book mainly because of our son's enjoyment. It's simple to sing, and it's a sweet lullaby full of joy.
I'm sure our little guy imagines himself to be the little beluga whale in the song. After all what toddler doesn't love to be surrounded by those who hold him dear? We can all use a little dose of adoration.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome children's book, July 6 2003
Happy in Vegas (Las Vegas, NV United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Baby Beluga (Board book)
This book is soooooooo.... cute. My daughter loved it! This has become one of her favorite animals.... A MUST HAVE BOOK FOR EVERY CHILDS LIBRARY. Also in the back of the book are the words and music notes. A great children's book, beautiful pictures, and simple to read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delightful book, but combined with music, its IRRESISTIBLE!, May 23 2002
This review is from: Baby Beluga (Board book)
"Baby Beluga" tells the story of a little Beluga Whales daily adventures in the "deep blue sea." The beautiful illustrations and charming story captured my attention instantly. Not familiar with Raffi, and his music, I was unaware of the popularity of the song, by the same title, until noticing the back cover, where it is mentioned. I have since purchased the CD, and CAN NO LONGER read this book; I have to SING it! "Baby Beluga in the deep blue sea, swim so wild and you swim so free. Heaven above and the sea below, and a little white whale on the go."
The editorial comments regarding Ashley Wolff's illustrations are harsh. As an artist, I regard the work to be first-rate! The mostly analogous color palette (ocean blues and greens) is bright and true to life, while the expressions are communicative and warm. Perhaps, a little more contrast between the Beluga Whales and the sea is in order, but that is a personal preference. Besides, compared to ANY of the severely cold computer-generated images available in books today, the illustrations in this book are superior. "Baby Beluga" is a delightful book independently, although, combined with the music; it is IRRESISTIBLE! One-year and up.

5.0 out of 5 stars The only thing missing is the music!, Aug. 21 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: Baby Beluga (Board book)
My two year old daughter LOVES this book/song. My only complaint is that in this book, the music isn't included at the end (Raffi's "Wheels on the Bus" song to read has the sheet music included on the last page). Without also owning the "Baby Beluga" Raffi CD, we wouldn't know the tune. Other than that, it's great.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›
ARRAY(0xa7b80e1c)

Baby Beluga
Baby Beluga by Raffi (Board book - Aug. 12 1997)
CDN$ 9.50 CDN$ 9.02