4.0 out of 5 stars board books becoming thinner..
Published on Aug. 23 2006 by bananasplitz

1.0 out of 5 stars baby beluga
The one book came in about 10 days so I gave it to my grandson for Christmas but the other book that I had ordered for him for christmas as well didn't show up until the middle of Januaury. The books were in good shape.
Published on Feb. 6 2009 by Nellie Zacharias

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars board books becoming thinner.., Aug. 23 2006
bananasplitz (Port Alberni, BC) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Baby Beluga (Board book)
Great book, as described by other reviewers. One thing I noticed is that the copy I bought from here has thinner pages than the one we borrowed from the library. When matched up against the thicker book, this one was about 2/3s thinner. I hope that these pages will hold up in durability since my daughter loves it when I "sing" her stories to her. On the positive side, the illustrations are more vibrant in color.

5.0 out of 5 stars Baby Beluga book by Raffi, June 28 2014
This review is from: Baby Beluga (Board book)
I combine this book with the Baby Beluga CD by Raffi and a plush beluga whale made by Wild Republic as a baby gift for a first child. This gift that can be enjoyed for years to come and by new additions to the family. Not a typical baby gift, but always well received.
Virginia O'Neill
Ontario, Canada

5.0 out of 5 stars good story, May 13 2014
This review is from: Baby Beluga (Board book)
my daughter loves when I sing this book to her. its easy for kids to sing along. cool art too

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for lyric-challenged parents, Jan. 19 2014
This review is from: Baby Beluga (Paperback)
Loved this song for my kids, but kept forgetting the words. The book is excellent and there is a music sheet at the back so you can play it on the piano, etc.

5.0 out of 5 stars We love Raffi!!, Jan. 17 2014
2 CUPS A DAY - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Baby Beluga (Board book)
My 2 year old grandson loves anything Raffi. This book is the song and is beautifully illustrated, a must for Raffi lovers!

5.0 out of 5 stars Baby Beluga in the Deep Blue Sea., May 27 2013
Ashley Prince (Orr Lake, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Baby Beluga (Board book)
I loved this book as a child and I bought it for my soon to be niece or nephew. Its a song turned into a book by the children's artist Raffi. If you've never heard the song, go into youtube and find it. You won't be sorry. Children love this! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars 3 years old loves this!, May 20 2013
Marianna (Victoria, British Columbia, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Baby Beluga (Board book)
We learned the song and then we bought the book - the illustrations are wonderful and we can sing along with the book which makes everything even better - great book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty Book, Jan. 12 2013
There are very few words on each page with simple drawings. Had music score at back which is a nice addition. Matches Raffi song buy same name.

5.0 out of 5 stars a sweet book to go with a sweet song, July 17 2014
This review is from: Baby Beluga (Board book)
a sweet book to go with a sweet song. my daughter and I love reading and singing this book together, we love the puffins and illustrations :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Even my husband sings this song, Oct. 13 2003
Yora Doder "yodathemama" (Quesnel, British Columbia Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Baby Beluga (Paperback)
Before we even knew of this book we had been playing Raffi's "Baby Beluga" CD for our small boy. I had noticed the book in stores but thought it was silly to have a book for a song we already knew.
And then we found the book in the public library.
Hello! Our two year old was so excited. He adores sea creatures so he would have liked the book even if it were just illusrations of fish and whales, but it thrilled him to discover that his song was in this book! He often sings full phrases of the song to us. He has memorized many of the words and has for a long time been taken with the line "Moon is shining and the stars are out" which to him is THE correct way to discuss any night sky in any picture, even if no stars or moon are visible.
I digress. The book is a hit. Last time we went to the library our son put in his order. He wanted "Baby Beluga" and "Caps for Sale". Unfortunately "Baby Beluga" was out, so we had to wait by the phone till it came in.
This evening I went to say goodnight to our son while my husband was reading the bedtime stories, and I caught him singing "Baby Beluga" as they read the book together--a sweet sound in the ears of a wife who rarely hears her husband sing.
The words are simple imagery; the pictures have introduced our youngster to other sealife, like seals, walruses, narwhals (the ones with the unicorn tusk)... but we like the book mainly because of our son's enjoyment. It's simple to sing, and it's a sweet lullaby full of joy.
I'm sure our little guy imagines himself to be the little beluga whale in the song. After all what toddler doesn't love to be surrounded by those who hold him dear? We can all use a little dose of adoration.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Baby Beluga
Baby Beluga by Raffi (Board book - Aug. 12 1997)
CDN$ 9.50 CDN$ 9.02