4.0 out of 5 stars board books becoming thinner..
Published on Aug. 23 2006 by bananasplitz

1.0 out of 5 stars baby beluga
The one book came in about 10 days so I gave it to my grandson for Christmas but the other book that I had ordered for him for christmas as well didn't show up until the middle of Januaury. The books were in good shape.
Published on Feb. 6 2009 by Nellie Zacharias

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars board books becoming thinner.., Aug. 23 2006
bananasplitz (Port Alberni, BC) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Baby Beluga (Board book)
Great book, as described by other reviewers. One thing I noticed is that the copy I bought from here has thinner pages than the one we borrowed from the library. When matched up against the thicker book, this one was about 2/3s thinner. I hope that these pages will hold up in durability since my daughter loves it when I "sing" her stories to her. On the positive side, the illustrations are more vibrant in color.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delightful book, but combined with music, its IRRESISTIBLE!, May 23 2002
This review is from: Baby Beluga (Board book)
"Baby Beluga" tells the story of a little Beluga Whales daily adventures in the "deep blue sea." The beautiful illustrations and charming story captured my attention instantly. Not familiar with Raffi, and his music, I was unaware of the popularity of the song, by the same title, until noticing the back cover, where it is mentioned. I have since purchased the CD, and CAN NO LONGER read this book; I have to SING it! "Baby Beluga in the deep blue sea, swim so wild and you swim so free. Heaven above and the sea below, and a little white whale on the go."
The editorial comments regarding Ashley Wolff's illustrations are harsh. As an artist, I regard the work to be first-rate! The mostly analogous color palette (ocean blues and greens) is bright and true to life, while the expressions are communicative and warm. Perhaps, a little more contrast between the Beluga Whales and the sea is in order, but that is a personal preference. Besides, compared to ANY of the severely cold computer-generated images available in books today, the illustrations in this book are superior. "Baby Beluga" is a delightful book independently, although, combined with the music; it is IRRESISTIBLE! One-year and up.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful intro to ocean wildlife, Aug. 7 2001
Michelle Johnson (Denver, Colorado) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Baby Beluga (Board book)
A simple beautiful tale of the magnificent beluga whale. You just don't find very many young childrens books involving a beluga.
We went on a visit to the Point Defiance Zoo and Aquarium in Seattle, Washington where they have real white beluga whales in full display at the underground aquarium. My children began singing the song, remembering one of their favorite songs and books.
The pictures are simple and uncluttered. Children will focus on the story, song and cute little white whale.
Another excellent Raffi production. Great for reading or singing. A very peaceful, natural feel and connection to the water. It makes a grand bedtime moment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Keeps children engaged!, May 16 2000
This review is from: Baby Beluga (Board book)
Whether you know Raffi's music or not, this is a great little book. My children love it. We have had it long enough that our oldest now reads it to the younger ones.
There seems to be a natural interest among many children about things that live in the ocean. This book fuels that interest.
The book is fun, well illustrated, and a joy to read. Do your children ask you to read them some books over and over again? Mine do, and this is one that has had the covers nearly read off of it!
If you haven't seen this book, give it a try. It's also a good book for beginning readers to work on.
Top notch! 5 stars!

5.0 out of 5 stars Baby Beluga is the little white whale on the go, July 19 2000
Rob Darrah (Dallas, Tx United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Baby Beluga (Paperback)
I came across this book appropriately enough at an aquarium which is definitely an appropriate place to find this book.
The illustrations in this book are engaging. I am not an art critic, but children under 5 will be captivated by the drawings.
I was glad that they mentioned on the back of the book that Raffi also did Wheels on the Bus or I probably would not have had a clear tune in my head. Once I put the tune in my head, I liked the book even more.
My oldest nephew liked it, so next time I'll have to show it to my youngest nephew to see if he likes the little white whale on the go.

5.0 out of 5 stars Head Start teacher loves to do activities using Baby Beluga, June 27 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: Baby Beluga (Board book)
I have been teaching Head Start for 6 years and one of my lesson plans is based on the book and music of Baby Beluga. The book has many teaching points such as night and day, living in a cold environment, naming and counting animals. The children love it. We make a bottle with blue water and a white balloon turns into a whale and while the music plays the children make waves with the bottle. I've never found a child who didn't like this activity.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended by Grandma, March 22 2000
P. McVay "Pamitha" (beautiful Eastern Washington state) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Baby Beluga (Board book)
Beluga whales are beautiful creatures and, sure enough, they do seem to always smile. Raffi has introduced little children to the arts & humanities in a gentle and easy way. We all know his song and the illustrations of the happy beluga and other sea animals help to make the big world a bit more friendly. Baby Beluga lives in a happy space--we hope the same for our own babies!

5.0 out of 5 stars The only thing missing is the music!, Aug. 20 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: Baby Beluga (Board book)
My two year old daughter LOVES this book/song. My only complaint is that in this book, the music isn't included at the end (Raffi's "Wheels on the Bus" song to read has the sheet music included on the last page). Without also owning the "Baby Beluga" Raffi CD, we wouldn't know the tune. Other than that, it's great.

5.0 out of 5 stars My daughter loves this book to death!, Sept. 1 1999
This review is from: Baby Beluga (Paperback)
My 3 year old daughter loves this book so much we've actually bought a second and third book to keep in varying places because she takes it everywhere and needs to find it at a moments notice! She sings the song constantly and this book has peaked her interest in other sing-a-long books. Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome children's book, July 5 2003
Happy in Vegas (Las Vegas, NV United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Baby Beluga (Board book)
This book is soooooooo.... cute. My daughter loved it! This has become one of her favorite animals.... A MUST HAVE BOOK FOR EVERY CHILDS LIBRARY. Also in the back of the book are the words and music notes. A great children's book, beautiful pictures, and simple to read.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Baby Beluga
Baby Beluga by Raffi (Board book - Aug. 12 1997)
CDN$ 9.50 CDN$ 9.02