5.0 out of 5 stars Belive it or not... :-)
For years I read self-help and motivational books. Like 7 habits for highly effective people, Life strategies - Doing what matters doing what works and the likes. But never having dedicatede the time and effort to start the procces to actually put my knowleged into practical application.
My new-years resolution for 2001 was "More love for me, More love to what I...
Published on May 5 2002 by Martin Hansen Andersen

3.0 out of 5 stars Not very practical
This is a well written and informative book. Unfortunately for me it is not a practical one. Sure if I changed my life around completely I would be able to follow the guidelines of the book - but who can do that when they have to earn a living?
Published on Jan. 15 2002 by Katieq

5.0 out of 5 stars Belive it or not... :-), May 5 2002
This review is from: Perfect Weight: The Complete Mind/Body Program for Achieving and Maintaining Your Ideal Weight (Paperback)
My new-years resolution for 2001 was "More love for me, More love to what I do!" And come feb. life handed me an oppotunity to drop off the radar and start practicing what I had been preacing to my self for years.
I had been over weight since I was 13-14 years old.
Simplyfied but true, at 137 kg, being fat was my ultimate excuse for anything wrong that happend in my life.
So I decided to focus my attention to turn the tabel and start showing myself the love I felt I lacked.
I had known about Chopra for years and when I came across this book I thought "Why not this way!" and bought it.
To cut an already long story short :-)
Now a year and a half later I'm at 88-90kg (Down some 50kg)
Wow, but the most important points I will stress to you wanting to use this book as inspiration and guide. Drink the boiling water and don't focus on how much you loose in Lbs./Kg's, but how much you show your self that you're worth it, by sticking to your plan. And don't forget... If you fall of the horse - TRY AGAIN! Best of wishes and loads of love to you all - You ARE worth it, you just wait and see ;-)

5.0 out of 5 stars If it's not working, then you're not paying attention. . ., May 8 2000
By A Customer
Dr. Deepak Chopra has done it again, this time with a book that focuses on one of America's main concerns: weight loss. Rather than doling out questionable information about low-carb, high-protein, or low-fat plans, Dr. Chopra turns to Ayurvedic medicine and offers a plan which anyone can follow. It's quite simple: determine your main body type from the three doshas -- vata, pitta, or kapha -- and then follow the suggestions provided so as to achieve balance in not only weight, but life as a whole. Most of Dr. Chopra's lessons should strike a chord within us -- they are inherent pearls of wisdom that many have unfortunately chosen to forget or have disregarded. Once you recommit yourself to this healthy way of living, get ready for incredible changes! In other words, *don't* expect instant weight loss (this is not a "too good to be true" program), but *do* expect healthy weight loss and a new outlook on life beyond food. As Dr. Chopra points out, the mind and body work together -- and his plan concentrates on both.

4.0 out of 5 stars Re-adjust your thinking about weight..., Oct. 26 1997
anna_kremer@hp.com (Cupertino, California) - See all my reviews
With all of the diet/health books centered around the "perfect weight" and our obsession with "thinness", this book is a welcomed change. It takes this preoccupation with weight and turns it into a realistic, holistic approach that is much easier to swallow than a structured, round-the-clock calorie-controlled program. It is a quick read that will be one of your greatest references on weight control. If you are looking to get off the "diet" truck, here's your chance to re-adjust your thinking on weight control. It is easy to understand, and the results are realized. Coming from a former model who knew how many calories were in a vitamin C tablet, this new way of thinking is appreciated. Peace of mind is the result...and enjoyment of life's pleasures without guilt.

5.0 out of 5 stars Small but powerful, April 29 2001
By A Customer
I was amazed at how much information was packed into such a modest looking book. I read it twice and made so many notes. I borrowed this copy but am buying one for my own reference. I also researched blood type dieting and it all ties in together. The guidelines and information detailed in Perfect Weight make dieting obsolete and transforming my lifestyle into changes my body is craving naturally. Stress free and pleasurable. Simply the best advice I've ever read on the subject.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Weight : The Complete Mind/Body Program, Dec 20 1999
Dr. Chopra helps us use the most powerful tool for weight control/loss--our own body! The easiest and most enjoyable approach I have ever found. Be kind to your body and use this quick read to reconnect with your body's own inner intelligence.

5.0 out of 5 stars Packed With Practical Information, July 2 1998
yarnall@musc.edu (Charleston, South Carolina, USA) - See all my reviews
For those who want to achieve their perfect weight through healthy means, this is the book for you! I loved Chopra's practical advise and explanation of Auyrveda.

5.0 out of 5 stars Refreshing, Oct. 19 1999
By A Customer
I had to read this book twice, the second time with a pen, so that I could underline the most important facts. It is very refreshing not to have to think in terms of calories. I am trying the diet, and it is really easy to follow, unlike many other diets I have tried and believe me, I have tried them all and have gained weight in the process.
Without sounding too cliched, this is more a "way of life"

3.0 out of 5 stars Not very practical, Jan. 15 2002
If you are retired or without any permanent committments then Deepak's book may just work for you. Read it enjoy it but don't necessarily expect to use it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Spiritual take on eating and nutrition, March 10 1998
By A Customer
After listening to this tape, I realized why I was drawn to eat certain foods over others. I saw that I was a "Kapha type" (mostly leaning towards a Kapha imbalance), and found why I did better on some foods rather than others especially when these foods went against established Dietary Wisdom. Highly recommended..

5.0 out of 5 stars Deep into Deepak, Dec 3 2013
I am very pleased with the book, "Perfect Weight" and have found it most practical and easy to understand. Wish me luck!
K in Parksville, BC