4.0 out of 5 stars Bon outils
Je connaissait déjà ce livre car il est utilisé par mon professeur de langue et il me permet de me perfectionner à la maison, je le recommande à tout ceux qui veulent apprendre l'anglais par eux même, et il est beaucoup moins cher sur Amazon.ca
Published on May 8 2011 by Benoit Gosseli

3.0 out of 5 stars not entirely North American English
This series is good; the grammar is explained well and the exercises overall do a good job of driving the lesson home.
However:
Published 7 months ago by disi82

4.0 out of 5 stars Bon outils, May 8 2011
This review is from: Grammar in Use Intermediate Student's Book with Answers and CD-ROM: Self-study Reference and Practice for Students of North American English (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excelent, May 30 2014
It's a good book, very interesting and easy to learn. My English school recommended it to me like a complement to improve my english, but If you want to learn English by yourself that's a good choice.

3.0 out of 5 stars not entirely North American English, March 22 2014
However:
On the cover it claims that this is for students of North American English but in almost every lesson there are examples that are not commonly used in Canada or the US. ( I have spent 1/3 of my life in Canada, 1/3 in the US an the other third split between Africa and Europe). I spend a lot of time explaining to students that if they use those particular words or phrases they might get a funny look from North Americans.

Thus I would not label it on the cover as it is currently labelled and I would advise North American buyers to be prepared that there is a fair amount of British English mixed in. This isn't a big problem but I do get tired of explaining that ________ is not really how we say that here.

1.0 out of 5 stars cd-rom is missing and half book has written by pen., Feb. 20 2014
the book is good to learn english.when i purchased this book . It said book has some scarages.i had recived that book somebody has written with pen. so its had already written answer.Its worthless for me because i can't write any answer of it and cd is missing.

5.0 out of 5 stars basic and useful, Dec 28 2013
so far I am enjoying learning the basic grammar in this book, I think this is a very useful book for beginer learner.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, April 6 2013
I got this book for my niece , and she is happy ,she will use to improve and learn more English .The parcel arrives in time considering travel more tan 12000 miles away all the way to Argentina , thanks Amazon for the excellent service .

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good Book !, Dec 29 2012
Excellent product.

The time of arrival of the product to my house was excellent. The quality and the packing of the product have been excellent.
I am very satisfied.
I would buy again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good!, June 18 2012
Martin Pitchon "I love classical music" (La Prairie, Quebec Canada) - See all my reviews
The very first book, the gray one and this one have an excellent index. Some overlaps though, but always this approach I love: the page from the left, the explanation (quite good and short), the right one exercises. I could not find the WHOM...I know in the USA you don't use it. You should, it is so clear...LOL. Very well structured book, the answers, a must!

Martin