4.0 out of 5 stars The Hunter

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing
Published 1 month ago by Suzanne

4.0 out of 5 stars The Hunter, Jan. 27 2012
L. D. Godfrey - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: The Hunter (Hardcover)
John Lescroart's novel "The Hunter" features recurring character Wyatt Hunt and his San Francisco detective agency also known as the Hunt Club. In this novel Wyatt searches for his natural family, and like many families you have a skeleton or two banging around, in Wyatt's family the skeletons are of a more serious nature than that weird aunt, twice removed that used to live in the attic.

I have been a fan of Lescroart for many years. He consistently turns out well written books with interesting characters and detailed plots. His"good guy"characters are nice guys,not the dirty gritty characters that feature in many novels. Think Columbo rather than Sam Spade. His "bad guys",not many will spend time shedding tears over them. Lescroart doesn't need things to go boom in every other chapter to bring his readers into the story. My only complaint with "The Hunter" is that Wyatt seems a little less interesting than in previous novels. I have read Lescroart's other novels and have come across Wyatt and his club before. From those novels you have bits and pieces of information that sort of round out these characters but without that knowledge a first time reader might think less of the characters which would be unfortunate. Not all of Lescroart's novels feature Wyatt,try one of the Dimas Hardy novels.

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, Oct. 31 2014
Disappointing. I like Lescroart in general, and have previously enjoyed other titles featuring Dismas Hardy and Abe Glitsky. This is a miss. The main storyline did not feel compelling, and the love interest/story doesn't fit. I felt that I should have liked these characters more, but I cared less and less as the story went on. There was no investment in the main 'bad guy', and the character of Tamara seemed forced, as did the relationship between her and Hunt. I haven't given up on Lescroart, but I think I'll stick to Dismas and Abe in the future.

1.0 out of 5 stars slow and tedious, Jan. 28 2012
This review is from: The Hunter (Hardcover)
While I have read all of his previous books,this is the worst one yet. I found it to be slow ,tedious and predictable.I didn't even read the last 20 pages.I wish I could get a refund.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works great, reasonable price., Aug. 8 2013
This review is from: The Hunter (Mass Market Paperback)
Works as well as a more expensive one used at a salon, very happy with the quality and would reccomend

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, Oct. 30 2014
You can't go wrong with a Lesroart novel.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Hunter, Jan. 10 2012
This review is from: The Hunter (Hardcover)
Lescroart writes and plots with amazing precision and clarity. Others have gone into detail about content, so let me just say that I finished reading The Hunter in one setting, however I should say (don't start that one before going to bed.) I have been reading almost everything John Lescroart has written or will write. Although there are multiple threads in each book, Lescroart does not ever leave the reader at loose ends. The settings are described in enough detail to bring them alive, but without excess. Characters are strong -- maybe not "larger than life," but some of them about as large as life gets. And he carefully researches the details.

The Hunter
The Hunter by John Lescroart (Hardcover - Jan. 3 2012)
CDN$ 28.50 CDN$ 17.96