Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage Personal Care All-New Kindle Paperwhite Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store NFL Tools Furniture

Believing the Lie: A Lynley Novel
Format: HardcoverChange
Price:$9.40+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

Showing 1-4 of 4 reviews(4 star)show all reviews
on March 10, 2013
I have always liked Elizabeth George. It is interesting reading. And, again I noticed that her characters act as if on their own, she created them, and off they went to live and behave, even though in this book there is again probably the most revolting character that the authoress created on this side of the law.

Isabelle with whom Lynley gets entangled is selfish, self-righteous and a drunkard. It is greatly unpleasant to have such a person as a character, for Lynley as well as for Barbara.

I have never understood Barbara, however. Why should she be a priori unattractive, totally undesirable, someone standing out in the company in which she lives and works, when more people from her strata of society are commonly found in her profession than is the case of the incredibly aristocratic Lynley?

The ending opens up into what must follow in the next volume, namely finding Haddiyyah, and the future life of Lynley.

It is amazing that the author could keep the nine epic lines in the book logical and believable.

The hardcover book is big and heavy. I will recommend it to everyone who can hold it in his/her hands.
on December 27, 2013
I enjoy the Lynley series and this didn't disappoint. Looking forward to the next book and the developing story with Barbara
on May 19, 2013
I'm a newcomer to Inspector Lynley novels, this being the third one that I have read. But I'm hooked. I've already put in an advance order for the next book. I like the principle actors of these novels -- Lynley and his friends and co-workers. They are flawed but likable people, and I want to keep reading to find out what happens to them. The plots are also interesting on levels, other than the detective story, and so many interesting characters have appeared in all of the novels I have read to date. This one was no exception. And finally, as a westerner, I'm really impressed at how someone from a island in Washington state can write a novel about England that feels so authentic in its setting and in the attitudes of its characters. I went through a time of reading mystery novels almost exclusively, but I haven't done much of that recently, except for a few favourite authors that I continue to follow avidly. George has been one, added to that list.
on February 2, 2012
I have only read a couple of her books in the past and stopped awhile back but I was keeping an eye out thankfully because this book caught my attention and then I read it. To me this is the best book in the series.