summer boutiques-francophones snsflyout Pets All-New Kindle sports Tools

Format: Hardcover|Change

Showing 1-4 of 4 reviews(1 star). Show all reviews
on March 21, 2012
This book is a mess. There are tangled plot lines (and believe me in 600 pages things can get very tangled, unsatisfying characters and the need for a good editor. I have read all of George's books and have wavered over the past couple - this has totally turned me off. I simply won't bother when the next one comes out. Worst of all - that WHINEY Deborah St. James is back still moaning about having no kid around. I wanted to scream at her to go to China for a baby and hopefully stay there. She has pretty well destroyed Barbara Havers (who if George had any guts would make her gay) - the obsession with the neighbours is really getting stale.

So George has finally beaten me. One less fan. From reviews I have read on amazon and other sites, I am not alone. I wish I had waited for the paperback. It's very heavy in hardcover - making it difficult to toss out the window.
on April 27, 2012
I was excited so see there was a new Inspector Lynley. I have read all the previous in the series and would recommend all of them. Loved the characters and the story lines. This one "Believing the Lie" is 600 pages of nothing. I kept reading and expecting that it would get better but it never did. It got more and more confused with more and more unlikable characters so that I could hardly wait for it to end. I was so disappointed with this book that I will probably not read another if there is one.
on May 24, 2013
The early Lynley novels were a good read, good plots and exciting. However, the later ones, in general, have become long, boring and too full of sexual themes which add nothing to the story. Careless in Red was rubbish and Believing the Lie is no better. If you want a good detective story you would be better served by reading an Agatha Christie story. Short, to the point, a good plot, a true mystery and no pointless sex.
on January 22, 2012
Boring, boring, long, long, long...Everything are so predictable. The first books presenting the building relationship between Lynley and Havers were the best. After that, the love between Thomas and Helen, contraception problem between Simon and Deborah, bla, bla, bla, Helen dies anf after... nothing. I am still waiting for a real story not a melting pot of soap opera TV shows.
P.S. (Excuse me for my english writing, I am a french canadian)