1 Review

4.0 out of 5 stars Dreaming of Books Review, Feb. 20 2011
This review is from: I Now Pronounce You Someone Else (Hardcover)
I Now Pronounce You Someone Else is Erin McCahan's debut novel and I was surprised by how much I ended up liking the story. Initially it looked to me that this would be another cute, funny and easy summer read but it did have more serious and heartfelt moments that balanced the book out.

I really liked Bronwen's character. She's the average highschool girl with a kooky family. She's easy to relate to and felt real to me. She's not perfect; she's a teenager and still trying to figure her life out. One of the things I loved about her narration was how she saw her family and I especially found myself agreeing to Bronwen's views about them.

Bronwen and Jared are very sweet together and provided lots of cute moments that had me smiling. Bronwen has her morals which she keeps and I found that to be very impressive on her part and kudos to Jared for understanding where she is coming from and not pushing her. He really is a great guy and cares about Bronwen a lot.

The ending was abrupt but it was a fitting conclusion for the characters. I just would have liked to have seen it drawn out more. Overall, this is a story that had me laughing and crying. The writing flowed smoothly and the characters were well rounded. This is one I'm sure young adult chick lit readers would surely enjoy.

ARRAY(0xaac74360)

I Now Pronounce You Someone Else
I Now Pronounce You Someone Else by Erin Mccahan (Hardcover - June 1 2010)
CDN$ 21.99 CDN$ 15.87