Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage SmartSaver Kitchen Kindle Music Deals Store SGG Countdown to Black Friday in Lawn & Garden

Format: HardcoverChange

on February 20, 2011
I Now Pronounce You Someone Else is Erin McCahan's debut novel and I was surprised by how much I ended up liking the story. Initially it looked to me that this would be another cute, funny and easy summer read but it did have more serious and heartfelt moments that balanced the book out.

I really liked Bronwen's character. She's the average highschool girl with a kooky family. She's easy to relate to and felt real to me. She's not perfect; she's a teenager and still trying to figure her life out. One of the things I loved about her narration was how she saw her family and I especially found myself agreeing to Bronwen's views about them.

Bronwen and Jared are very sweet together and provided lots of cute moments that had me smiling. Bronwen has her morals which she keeps and I found that to be very impressive on her part and kudos to Jared for understanding where she is coming from and not pushing her. He really is a great guy and cares about Bronwen a lot.

The ending was abrupt but it was a fitting conclusion for the characters. I just would have liked to have seen it drawn out more. Overall, this is a story that had me laughing and crying. The writing flowed smoothly and the characters were well rounded. This is one I'm sure young adult chick lit readers would surely enjoy.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse