5.0 out of 5 stars "Great Read!"
Great Read!!! Keeps you on the edge of your seat. Passed it down to my daughter for her enjoyment. Thanks!!!
Published 15 months ago by Kathyrn

3.0 out of 5 stars Meh
I was recommended these books and thought they were alright. However, it felt very juvenile to me, the love story and whatnot. I wouldn’t buy them again.
Published 28 days ago by T

3.0 out of 5 stars Meh, March 23 2014
T (Alberta, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Forever (Paperback)

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite as engaging as the first two instalments, Oct. 14 2013
This review is from: Forever (Hardcover)
I really liked the first two books in the series but had trouble getting into this one. It seemed glum & failed to catch my attention. Perhaps the story should have ended after the second book? just seemed like a weaker version, as if the author had also grown tired of the story. Regardless, I look forward to reading other books by this author.

5.0 out of 5 stars "Great Read!", Jan. 11 2013
This review is from: Forever (Hardcover)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very well written. A million times better than Twilight!, Dec 2 2012
This review is from: Forever (Paperback)
I'm so glad this book did not end up being like another Twilight series (I still do not understand what the hype is on the Twilight series). Shiver, Linger, and Forever are very well written and I found it so hard to put down the books once I started. The ending I felt wasn't as bad as the rest of the reviews say. It wouldn't have been an easy fix for the wolves to miraculously cure themselves and go back living a regular life. However, as the others have said, I definately would have enjoyed a few more chapters on Isabel and Cole =). Overall a great read. The trilogy has even motivated me to write my first book review. Very highly recommended

4.0 out of 5 stars The last book in a great serie!, Nov. 2 2011
spoilers!
i loved the serie (i finish in like two weeks) but, i would haved like that the ending was different. i would haved like for sure that grace and sam and cole and (don't remenber her name) would be togother for sure at the end.
anyways, before you read this book, you need to read the first two books (shiver and linger).
hope this help!

3.0 out of 5 stars Good story, BAD ENDING, Oct. 23 2011
This review is from: Forever (Hardcover)
I thoroughly enjoyed the story, and felt it was well balanced...except for the fact Grace was running around as a wolf for a good part of the book. But the end is just crap. I am sorry, but this is not satisfying in the least, and I hope Maggie at least releases a short story or something on her website to fill the void. I can not believe I went through all that to get dealt that. Just sayin'.

5.0 out of 5 stars Courtesy of Teens Read Too, Sept. 23 2011
This review is from: Forever (Hardcover)
NOTE: You need to read the first two books in this series, SHIVER and LINGER, before you read FOREVER, in order to understand the story.

The tables have turned. Now, Sam is the one waiting. Even though waiting for Grace to return to human form is torture, it is nothing compared to the agony he feels when he thinks about the danger she is in while running loose in the woods. Mr. Culpeper has wanted the wolves in Mercy Falls dead ever since his son was killed by them. After a girl is found torn apart in the woods, Culpeper has just the ammunition he needs to get his wish.

While Grace is Sam's priority, he also has the added responsibility of saving Beck and all of the other wolves. Sam and Grace attempt to come up with a plan, while Cole St. Clair, ex-lead singer of NARKOTIKA and newest pack member, takes dangerous measures to find a cure for the disease infecting his pseudo-family. With the help of Isabel Culpeper and a very unlikely ally, the wolves finally have some hope.

FOREVER has it all - heartwarming romance, angry teen rebellion, and dry, witty humor. It made me laugh, cry, and stress in all the right amounts. FOREVER is the final book in the WOLVES OF MERCY FALLS trilogy. It provides the reader a satisfying ending, while still leaving enough room for us to wonder about the future of the pack.

Maggie Stiefvater has given readers a wonderful story in this trilogy. If you haven't read them yet, run, run, run to the store and get them today.

Reviewed by: Karin Librarian

5.0 out of 5 stars I waited forever to read forever., Sept. 2 2011
This review is from: Forever (Hardcover)
I of course re-read the first two books, Shiver and Linger so I'd know where I was. Sometimes I forget the little details after so long, and when I love a series this much, I want to make sure I know every little reference the author refers to. I hate guessing.

I loved this book. I found the writing got better somehow, and pulled me in even more. I wish, wish, wish, and wish some more that there had been more on Cole and Isabel! I wanted so much to happen, but it just didn't. There was so much damn potential for a great story there. I guess there was only so much Ms. Stiefvater could concentrate on in a book that size. I think Cole and Isabel could have been there own series.

But anywho, on without the whining of wanting more, I'm clearly not going to get it. I found this book left a lot... I mean ... a lot, of unanswered questions. I guess I will have to just think what I will. And, I know it's such a small thing... really it is. But I wish Grace would have got her red coffeepot. Somehow, someway, I wanted to see her get that stupid coffeepot (it was talked about so much). But I guess if that's all I've got to complain about, then there really isn't anything to complain about. Great book; I still loved all the characters and everything that happened. If you've read the first two books and liked them, of course it's not even a question. You should be reading this last instalment. Does anyone else think the ending left too much to the imagination? I didn't get enough closure!!! ;0)

4.0 out of 5 stars Love forever?, Aug. 25 2011
E. A Solinas "ea_solinas" (MD USA) - See all my reviews
(TOP 10 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME)
This review is from: Forever (Hardcover)
Maggie Stiefvater's tales of winter werewolves have always been far more striking and poetic than any other werewolf books I can think of. And she brings the story of Grace and Sam to a close in "Forever," a hauntingly bittersweet, sumptuously-written coming-of-age tale with a somewhat flawed finale.

Spring has returned Grace to her human form, but she's still unstable -- she keeps turning back into a wolf and running into the woods. Sam has spent the whole winter waiting for her, despite the people of Mercy Falls thinking he's a budding serial killer. And Cole is hotly pursuing a cure for lycanthropy, using himself as a guinea pig.

However, Sam and Grace's idyllic reunion is ruined by another death -- another girl is found savaged by a wolf (pretty obviously Shelby). Isabel's father arranges for the wolves to be exterminated (with HELICOPTERS), leaving the teens only a few days to lead the wolves to safety. Otherwise, Grace may be among the dead.

Maggie Stiefvater is one of the rare young-adult authors who has lyrical, hauntingly lovely writing. Fragmented thoughts arrange themselves into minimalist poems, and mundane situations take on the delicate crystalline quality of a romantic dream ("it was just me, broken into pieces, slivered like glass, made into something new").

"Forever" centers on three important subplots -- the need to save the wolf pack from Isabel's revenge-obsessed father, the quest for a lycanthropy cure (especially for Cole), and the teenagers shedding their childhood problems as they prepare to set out into adulthood. The story drifts along between these three subplots, with some bloody, tightly-paced action scenes (like the grand finale) woven in.

And her characters are just as brilliant as her writing -- four troubled teenagers, who are breaking away from their pasts and their weird parents. Grace and Sam settle into an idyllic little world of their own, but are haunted by the hostility towards Sam and Grace's feelings about her parents. And Stiefvater spends a lot of time focusing on Cole and Isabel's tumultuous relationship, as Cole goes all brilliant mad scientist.

One problem: the ending is rushed. Isabel, Cole and Grace take dramatic actions that seem like they should have massive consequences... but they don't. At all. Shouldn't Isabel's dad be having a rage-induced stroke or something?

The payoff feels rushed and a little incomplete, but otherwise "Forever" is a striking, romantic little finale for Stiefvater's brilliant trilogy. This is everything "Twilight" failed to be.

4.0 out of 5 stars Review of Forever by Maggie Stiefvater, Aug. 2 2011
Gwenyth Love (Toronto, ON, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Forever (Hardcover)
I have loved this series from the beginning. Shiver, book one in The Wolves of Mercy Falls trilogy was one of the first YA (Young Adult) books I ever picked up and read. I had no use for Twilight Saga at the time (but after Maggie I did try more YA novels, including Twilight) and I really had no interest in books aimed at teenage girls. I had been there, done that already, and I wasn't a fan of those kinds of books. I soon came to realize that books aimed at teens nowadays are a lot different than the books that were aimed at teens when I was a teenager...which was about two decades ago now. Man I'm old...

As much as people say don't judge a book by it's cover, I have to admit I was drawn to Shiver by it's cover.

You see, I adore wolves. Actually adore might be too light a term, slightly obsessed might be more accurate. That lonely little silhouetted wolf on the cover, in blue tones, with the title Shiver...well that's what I did...I shivered. I tuned the book over and the blurb immediately captured my attention.

I have great memories of a time spent at a friend's house who had wolves wander their property. I often imagined what it would be like just to sit there and watch them. I knew after reading that blurb I just had to read the rest of the book. The final prize was opening to the first page and seeing the beautiful blue font the book was printed in. The whole book was just a complete piece of artwork. I was sold.

Linger, the second book, pulled me deeper into the woods. With it's green cover and green print it was another piece of artwork beautifully done. I have a review of Linger on my blog if you are interested in reading my thoughts on it.

And that brings us to Forever. What a great title for the end of such a wonderful series.

I actually had to take some time after finishing the book to reflect on my feelings of the book, and the series overall. At first I wasn't entirely sure if I was happy with everything, but in the end I admitted I mostly like how the author tied things up. There could have been more, but it could have been much worse as well (knowing how Maggie likes to torment and torture her readers - as she has admitted personally). It was a bit too open to interpretation, but at least it wasn't a horrid cliffhanger.

As is always typical in Maggie's books, the language and writing style is stunningly beautiful, like lyrics, like poetry, just flowing on the pages. Her wolf imagery is so realistic, and after hearing her speak and reading some of her recommended wolf titles I see she put in many hours of research on the topic. As I have mentioned before I am quite obsessed with wolves and love when authors can pull them off well. I hate when they fail miserably. Maggie Stiefvater and Kelley Armstrong are the two writers who I feel write wolves very well (realistic).

The realistic nature of the wolves, and the people who fear them, becomes even more frightfully alive near the end of the book. I literally held my breath through the last 20 pages or so. When it was all over and I had closed the book I noticed I wasn't breathing, my chest hurt, and my heart was racing. Yes, it was that emotional for me.

I was very happy to see more depth added to Isabella and Cole's characters, and their connection to each other. I felt they were sidelined way too much in the previous novel. It was also interesting to see Sam and Grace's relationship flipped around as Sam was sat waiting around and worrying in his human form as Grace frolicked in the wintry woods.

ARRAY(0xbf015d08)

Forever
Forever by Maggie Stiefvater (Hardcover - July 12 2011)
CDN$ 19.99 CDN$ 14.43