5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Trilogy and Amazing Gift!
The box set includes 3 Hunger Games books - which is the complete set. This would be an amazing gift for any teenage girl or guy and even an adult who likes science fiction. These books have it all - action, drama, adventure, sci-fi, love, loyalty, friendship. All 3 books had me on the edge of my seat, flipping and reading the pages as fast as i can.

The books...
Published on Dec 2 2010 by Cozy Evenings with a Book

3.0 out of 5 stars A tale for teenagers
A tale for teenagers, since it is written with simpler style & words with few characters. I had just finish "The Wheel of Time" & the comparison was too big not to acknowledge it.
Published 3 months ago by Client Amazon

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Trilogy and Amazing Gift!, Dec 2 2010
This review is from: The Hunger Games Trilogy Box Set (Hardcover)

The books are about a teenage girl, Katniss, who lives in a post-apocalyptic world in the country Panem which is controlled by one government and one president. Her world is very different from ours as Panem consists of 12 districts and they're basically like little towns or little cities. All 12 are controlled by district 1 which has the most food, money, power and comfort. District 12 is the worst - the people there live in extreme poverty, have no money or help from anyone and life is hard. To keep everyone in their "rightful" place, district 1 hosts Hunger Games every year which is a game that is broadcasted on television in every district. Hunger Games work like this - 1 boy and 1 girl is chosen at a random draw from each district to participate, they're then transported to district 1, the capitol, to play the game. The game is hosted in a man-made environment, like a little forest for example, and there are a lot of traps everywhere. The goal for the participants is to kill each other, and the last one standing is crowned the winner. The winner gets food and gets to live in a better house. The point of the Hunger Games is for the capitol to demonstrate that even children are not above the law. District 12 almost never wins since the children there are hungry and weak, and mostly District 1 and 2 win the games since the kids there have plenty of food and healthcare.

The only difference is that the rich districts (1,2,3) children just want to win for pleasure but the poor districts (12, 11, 10) they fight for food.

Katniss, is not chosen for this year's Hunger Games, instead her only sister is, who is very young. Katniss volunteers to take her place in the games, and that's how the story begins.

The idea is horrifying, I have chills just writing about it and thinking back to reading the books. I already gave this set to a friend of mine and she finished the 1st book and absolutely loved it. This is a great gift or just buy it for yourself. I am planning to go back and re-read the trilogy in some time, it's just amazing. The story is very well written, you can easily picture the sounds and the smells - the characters are written out very well with great detail. The action and drama scenes are so intense that you will hold your breath and shed a tear - it feels like you're right there in the middle of all of this. Get the set, read it, you won't regret it!

5.0 out of 5 stars A total riot., Nov. 3 2010
Kristin Matte (Montreal, Quebec) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Hunger Games Trilogy Box Set (Hardcover)
I read all three books in under two weeks while at home with strep-throat.

I was very quickly intrigued by the main character, and liked her immediately.

From there, I just could not read the books fast enough, I needed to know what happened next.

I love that the female protagonist is essentially the age of a high-school senior, but is brilliant, strong-willed and lethal. She's no passive debutante. Any person who has had to struggle in their life, especially as a child or young adult, can appreciate the way that forms you as a person. How it can make you a little hard.

Apparently these books are classified as "young adult" but I got a real kick out of them, and I'm not a young adult. I'm merely "adult." I mean, the stories are quite violent. More so than many adult science fiction novels I've read.

Unapologetic. Action heavy. Great characters. An absolute riot.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Hunger Games, Jan. 19 2011
judy (clinton, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Hunger Games Trilogy Box Set (Hardcover)
This series has made it through our family of 6 and their spouses. It is now being shared with the in-laws and their families. Best to buy the boxed set as you won't be able to stop after the first book!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Hunger Games Trilogy, Feb. 1 2012
This review is from: The Hunger Games Trilogy Box Set (Hardcover)
My sister and I read the first book after a mutual friend loaned it to us, and we loved it so much we decided to buy the trilogy set so that we had the books for when our children get a little older and are interested in reading them. Great story line, much different from the usual kinds lately out there. We are looking forward to the movie coming out and hope that the producers do it justice and keep it true to the book. It is a story line that makes you "hungry for more" on the characters and the tradgedies and triumps that take place in their life. Very much worth buying and reading!

5.0 out of 5 stars hungry for more, Jan. 30 2011
This review is from: The Hunger Games Trilogy Box Set (Hardcover)
I was given book one to read from a friend and was hooked so purchased the set. I checked the mail continuously until the product arrived and didn't lift my nose out of the books until I had completed the final two!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Read, Feb. 10 2014
It was great to have all three books on my Kindle - there was no lapse in reading.

I enjoyed reading it because the complexity of the players were revealed.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good read - disappointed in 3rd book, Feb. 1 2014
Good read overall - disappointed in 3rd book. 2nd is best of the trilogy. movies doesn't do it justice. .

5.0 out of 5 stars what I wanted, April 3 2012
This review is from: The Hunger Games Trilogy Box Set (Hardcover)
The product came as described and is exactly what I was looking for! The price was also great compared to other places I had looked.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hunger Games Trilogy = AMAZING, March 12 2012
This review is from: The Hunger Games Trilogy Box Set (Hardcover)
Got the book set and finished all three books in 4.5 days.
I honestly couldn't put them down, I brought the books everywhere and read them whenever I had the chance. I fell in love with the characters and the story! I now can't wait to see the movies!

5.0 out of 5 stars Haunting and Brilliant, Beautiful, Sept. 21 2014
Draws you in. Kept finding myself way too tired but compelled to keep reading. Found that the author, Suzanne Collins, she has an acute understanding of human nature, on both individual and group scales. The world presented seems (to me) fairly different than our own in many areas (though still in ways eerily like ours), yet the characters' motivations, reactions, and reasoning are heartbreakingly realistic reactions to the setting and events.

Most importantly, makes you think. I like works that make you think, the more difficult, grey, or even uncomfortable, the better.

The Hunger Games Trilogy Box Set
The Hunger Games Trilogy Box Set by Suzanne Collins (Hardcover - Aug. 24 2010)
CDN$ 59.97 CDN$ 37.60