biss boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage vpcflyout Furniture All-New Kindle Paperwhite Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store Exercice Tools ca_ty_gno

Format: HardcoverChange

Showing 1-5 of 5 reviews(1 star). Show all reviews
on April 3, 2012
This is what all the hype is about? REALLY??? In lieu of reading a real book, this will do. I finished off these books in a couple of nights - like you would a bag of potato chips. In mind numbing boredom. The characters were predictable, and the story line much worse than any episode of Survivor. Read only if you have borrowed them. This advice is from someone that has been known to cereal boxes when desperate for the printed word, and been more satisfied. My sincere advice? If you have limited time to read, do yourself a favor and move on to something with merit.
0Comment5 of 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 14, 2012
After seeing the very mediocre movie I, for some reason, decided to give the book a spin. Unfortunately, it was even more disappointing.
In the books you will find the following:

- Shallow characters
- Stupid, unimaginative plot
- Constant, first person narrative (extremely annoying)
- Unending shallow teenager bitching (ugh!)
- Annoying, TV-style cliffhangers at the end of almost every chapter. I swear, it feels like the author factored in commercial breaks!
- Moronic, lowest common denominator writing style: a sentences longer than 8 words is a very rare bird in these books.

While the first two books at least have a decent pace, the third book completely falls apart: it feels almost as if the author was sick and tired of the subject and just had to fill out a certain number of pages while tying off the narrative in, what she believes, an acceptable manner. At lease I assume she tied it all off, because I simply couldn't force myself to finish the last book.

It's tremendously disappointing that this drivel has somehow become popular.
0Comment2 of 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 3, 2012
So many good reviews, I had to get the trilogy. What a disappointment. I had to force myself to read book two and three, I was that bored. The story is predictable, you will never be surprised, and the love triangle is unbearable. At least if it had been well written but the use of the English language is simplistic, non-descriptive. Do not expect your brain to be tickled.
0Comment3 of 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 29, 2012
When I bought this I thought I was receiving all three books. I only received the last one in the series.
0Comment3 of 15 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 27, 2012
I loved this book. so good,. wrestling is the best legit sport i nthe world. i love it so much.
0Comment0 of 7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse