5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Trilogy and Amazing Gift!
The box set includes 3 Hunger Games books - which is the complete set. This would be an amazing gift for any teenage girl or guy and even an adult who likes science fiction. These books have it all - action, drama, adventure, sci-fi, love, loyalty, friendship. All 3 books had me on the edge of my seat, flipping and reading the pages as fast as i can.

The books...
Published on Dec 2 2010 by Cozy Evenings with a Book

3.0 out of 5 stars A decent read
I'd been skeptical of this series, but after watching the Catching Fire film earlier this year, I thought - maybe this won't be so bad. The first film/book were okay. The second is definitely best. The third book took a bit of effort to get through and I definitely didn't enjoy it as much. There were times when I was speed reading just to get from one point to the...
Published 1 month ago by Ms. Mac

‹ Previous | 18 9 1023 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars The Hunger Games Trilogoy Box Set., Jan. 30 2013
This review is from: The Hunger Games Trilogy Box Set (Hardcover)
Great reading. Hard to put down. I'm half way through the second book.
Just hope the story is not a sign of things to come!!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Hunger Games Trilogy, Jan. 30 2013
This was an excellent value for the amount of reading it provided me. I could not put the books down and hated to see it come to an end.

5.0 out of 5 stars kids killing kids, Jan. 28 2013
Great book was a little skeptical at first as I had heard that it iwas a book about kids killing kids. But way more intellectual than that. Good book for anyone to read so they can understand how govenment wants to control us.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing books. Did not mind the soft cover., Jan. 25 2013
I'd recommend these books to anyone interesting in a great story that will keep you engaged from begining to end!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great storyline, Jan. 20 2013
This review is from: The Hunger Games Trilogy Box Set (Hardcover)
The hunger games is a very captivating series. I enjoyed all 3 books and they kept my attention till the end. I highly recommend these novels they are a great read by a wonderful author

5.0 out of 5 stars A Hero for the Ages, Jan. 17 2013
S. Lerner (Toronto, On) - See all my reviews
I'm not a book reader but I was intrigued by the movie. The style of writing targets a teenage audience and flows well. The movie's perspective is 3rd person narrative. The trilogy, however, reads like a personal diary. We find out what is going on in Katniss's head. The movie tends to shorten or speed up the action, whereas by reading her personal account we can really experience the full 3-4 week duration of the first hunger games contest. Here is a person of unimaginable courage, yet throughout her adventures remains sincere and modest. She is a fiercely independent thinker. She has a conscience. She does not want to take lives gratuitously or indescriminately. But she does not hesitate to kill if she has to. What sets her apart is that she's not politically ambitious. She has no political agenda other than a desire to end tyranny (the totalitarian state) and mitigate the excessive exploitation of class disparity. What fascinated me was how different political groups kept trying to use her as a "symbol" without realising that she actually was as great as the "legend" she was supposed to be portraying. Only in the fullness of time in the history of Panem would people look back and recognise her for who she was and how monumental was her impact on Panem's history. An impact as great as Joan of Arc's but virtually without any religious references whatsoever. For that matter, the entire issue of sexuality was also left out of the picture, which at times became hard to accept for a young woman of 16, 17, 18 years of age. There is always an air of nobility about her, her courage, her sense of self-sacrifice. Of course, the novels drive home the reality of all the mental confusion, anxiety as well as guilt that envelope her thoughts, all of which we only get a glimpe of in the film(s). The ending (Mockinjay) is particularly significant because it does not break with, in any way, how her character has developed throughout her ordeals. And it is an ending befitting to a heroine of the highest order.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect., Jan. 15 2013
This review is from: The Hunger Games Trilogy Box Set (Hardcover)
I read The Hunger Games for my English class and I absolutely loved it. It is quite addicting and overall the product looked great.

4.0 out of 5 stars friend is satisfied, Jan. 14 2013
Bought these books for a friend and he really likes them so I'm happy. There was a great price on the set.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hunger Games 3 book collection, Jan. 13 2013
I enjoyed the 3 books very much particularly the first and last book of the trilogy. The second book was little bit draggy but then the third book picked right up again. I was very impressed with the price and delivery time of the 3 books .

5.0 out of 5 stars The real definition of a good book., Jan. 12 2013
An amazingly well-written piece, intriguing for all who read high definition future-concept novels. Excellent job Suzanne Collins, your book was one that I picked up and did not get the chance to put down.

‹ Previous | 18 9 1023 | Next ›
ARRAY(0xa9e2545c)

The Hunger Games Trilogy Box Set
The Hunger Games Trilogy Box Set by Suzanne Collins (Hardcover - Aug. 24 2010)
CDN$ 59.97 CDN$ 37.60