Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage summerbaby Furniture Kindle Music Deals Store Cycling Tools minions

Down the Drain!
Format: PaperbackChange
Price:$7.99+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

When you see the name Robert Munsch, you can guarantee that the book is going to be a winner. His stories are always so much fun. He takes simple things to such extremes that while reading you can't help but get caught up in the silliness.

Down the Drain is a perfect example of Munsch mania. The story takes place in the bathtub. Adam forgets to turn off the water and the bathroom begins to flood. The solution seems simple enough- just pull the plug but Adam decides that this is the perfect opportunity to get a few things that his father wouldn't normally get for him. Hilarity ensues.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
I know that Robert Munsch's books are immensely popular. In fact a few years ago I was a huge fan and purchased and gave away copy after copy of many of his books. Yet I find in his more recent books that there is a cynicism and disrespect that I no longer enjoy.

In this story, Adam who winds up in trouble, ends up blackmailing his father to get him a new skateboard, new shoes, a dress for his sister and a hamburger. Those are not the kinds of lessons I want my children learning - that they only have to do what you ask them if you bribe them.

The story is supposed to be fun and humorous and the illustrations are great. But it is just not a story I can recommend. I find that some of the most cynical people in life are formerly religious, and even more so for Jesuits. Maybe that explains Munsch's writing and stories.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again