5.0 out of 5 stars Talk about Canadiana
I LOVE THIS BOOK! SENT IT TO MY BEST GIRLFRIEND'S GRANDCHILDREN IN ENGLAND. FABULOUS - JUST DON'T SEND IT TO USA - THEY'LL BELIEVE IT!
Published 11 months ago by Julia Sutherland

1.0 out of 5 stars This Book Appears to be in Breach of Copyright?
Published on Dec 6 2011 by Nurse/midwife/educator

1.0 out of 5 stars This Book Appears to be in Breach of Copyright?, Dec 6 2011
This review is from: A Porcupine in a Pine Tree: A Canadian 12 Days of Christmas (Hardcover)
I have just discovered, by chance actually, that this book is very very similar to another previously published book called "A Moose in a Maple Tree", which is subtitled "An All-Canadian 12 Days of Christmas". That book came out before Christmas in 2008, & was, according to Google search, fairly widely reviewed in Canada. I happened to give it to my Grandaughters & when I saw this one & looked at it closely, I was shocked. There is no reason whatsoever that any publisher would not be aware of the previous book. The 2 books are so similar that I suspect there may be a breach of copyright by this 2nd book, the Porcupine one. Plagiarized books are not anything that I will have anything to do with. It is important to respect the originality of every author's work, & especially perhaps for us, Canadian authors. I am very sadly disappointed that Amazon is carrying this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Talk about Canadiana, Oct. 4 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesomeness, March 19 2013
Steven R. McEvoy "MCWPP" (Canada) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This book is a wonderful story for the whole family. My children got into it from the first time we read (sang) it together. The illustrations are wonderful. The variety of poses for the items in the 12 days is awesome. Kids love the story and the illustrations. It was a great story to read as a family and one they have asked for numerous times this holiday season.

5.0 out of 5 stars Horray for Helaine!, Jan. 16 2013
A charming Canadian rendition of a traditional Christmas song.
The illustrations are colourful, well executed, and cheerful.
Recommended to me by a friend who also likes to buy books as gifts.
Sent it to my grandchildren in the USA as a Christmas gift.
Amazon's quick delivery even made it arrive on time!

5.0 out of 5 stars Porcupine in a Pine Tree, Jan. 5 2013
A Porcupine in a Pine Tree is a wonderful and clever retelling of the classic Christmas song, The Twelve Days of Christmas. The illustrations first caught my eye. They are humorous, whimsical and make you smile. The use of Canadian symbols for each day of Christmas is brilliant. This book is a delight to read for all ages and will be a Christmas classic in my family.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, Dec 1 2011
Had my 4 year old in a fit of giggles! Well written and so cute to sing at bedtime this time of year!

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Cute!- one flaw, Jan. 7 2011
Very cute book for any Canadian child! I used it in my classroom!
my only complaint is the maple leafs as the hockey team... so when we sang it we just changed the team to 'nucks and it worked out perfectly!

A Porcupine in a Pine Tree: A Canadian 12 Days of Christmas
A Porcupine in a Pine Tree: A Canadian 12 Days of Christmas by Helaine Becker (Hardcover - Oct. 1 2010)
CDN$ 16.99 CDN$ 12.26