biss Up to 40% Off CBC's Canada Reads 2016 Shortlist boutiques-francophones Learn more snsflyour Furniture All-New Kindle Paperwhite Own the 2016 GRAMMY Nominee Album featuring the Biggest Hits from Music's Biggest Night Exercice Tools ca_ty_gno

Format: HardcoverChange

This book is a wonderful story for the whole family. My children got into it from the first time we read (sang) it together. The illustrations are wonderful. The variety of poses for the items in the 12 days is awesome. Kids love the story and the illustrations. It was a great story to read as a family and one they have asked for numerous times this holiday season.
on January 5, 2013
A Porcupine in a Pine Tree is a wonderful and clever retelling of the classic Christmas song, The Twelve Days of Christmas. The illustrations first caught my eye. They are humorous, whimsical and make you smile. The use of Canadian symbols for each day of Christmas is brilliant. This book is a delight to read for all ages and will be a Christmas classic in my family.
on October 4, 2013
I LOVE THIS BOOK! SENT IT TO MY BEST GIRLFRIEND'S GRANDCHILDREN IN ENGLAND. FABULOUS - JUST DON'T SEND IT TO USA - THEY'LL BELIEVE IT!
on January 16, 2013
A charming Canadian rendition of a traditional Christmas song.
The illustrations are colourful, well executed, and cheerful.
Recommended to me by a friend who also likes to buy books as gifts.
Sent it to my grandchildren in the USA as a Christmas gift.
Amazon's quick delivery even made it arrive on time!
on December 1, 2011
Had my 4 year old in a fit of giggles! Well written and so cute to sing at bedtime this time of year!
on December 19, 2014
Lots of fun over the holiday with Canadian icons taking the place of the usual partridges and ladies dancing, etcetera. Fine illustrations, too!
on November 10, 2014
Great fun to read to the children.
on December 6, 2011
I have just discovered, by chance actually, that this book is very very similar to another previously published book called "A Moose in a Maple Tree", which is subtitled "An All-Canadian 12 Days of Christmas". That book came out before Christmas in 2008, & was, according to Google search, fairly widely reviewed in Canada. I happened to give it to my Grandaughters & when I saw this one & looked at it closely, I was shocked. There is no reason whatsoever that any publisher would not be aware of the previous book. The 2 books are so similar that I suspect there may be a breach of copyright by this 2nd book, the Porcupine one. Plagiarized books are not anything that I will have anything to do with. It is important to respect the originality of every author's work, & especially perhaps for us, Canadian authors. I am very sadly disappointed that Amazon is carrying this book.
on January 23, 2016
My two and a half year old daughter absolutely loved me reading it to her, and had most of it memorized by Christmas.
on January 16, 2016
Fantastic fun. A lovely gift idea for Canadian's near and far, with delightful illustrations.