5.0 out of 5 stars great story about friendship
My children and I enjoyed reading this lovely book. It is a simple story but it shows a good friendship between two sisters, and how they deal with a third child who joins their playing. It's also a story that allows a parent to bring up the issue of bullying without it becoming a heavy subject. My kids both loved the way Carly outsmarted Lily Jean.

My 5...
Published on Dec 13 2009 by Laura Fabiani

3.0 out of 5 stars Awkward story
I liked how the characters stood up for themselves, but I found the actual story itself a little awkward and hard to follow. My child was a bit confused too about how they moved from being bullied/bossed around to calling the shots.

Published 8 months ago by J. Whyte

5.0 out of 5 stars great story about friendship, Dec 13 2009
Laura Fabiani (Montreal) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: You're Mean, Lily Jean (Hardcover)

My 5 year-old remarked that the book teaches that others won't want to play with us if we're rude, and that if a friend does not want to play the game we've chosen, we could make up another one. It's an age-appropriate tale with attractive watercolor illustrations suitable for this age group.

3.0 out of 5 stars Awkward story, Feb. 5 2014
J. Whyte - See all my reviews
This review is from: You're Mean, Lily Jean (Hardcover)

Anyway, it covers the topic of girl on girl bossiness/bullying (one character forces another to pretend to be a dog), which is great, it's just a little clunky.

You're Mean, Lily Jean
You're Mean, Lily Jean by Frieda Wishinsky (Hardcover - Sept. 1 2009)
CDN$ 19.99 CDN$ 14.43