5.0 out of 5 stars essential indeed, Dec 11 2011
Ted Sues - See all my reviews
This review is from: Essential Pepin: More Than 700 All-Time Favorites from My Life in Food (Hardcover)
A collection of the chef's distilled recipes, this collection is a wonderful compilation of tasty feasts. We have tried a dozen of these and not one flop. Scanning many of the untried ones indicate that they would all be successful. Alas one can only eat so much food a day.

4.0 out of 5 stars Essential Pepin, Jan. 6 2012
A very enjoyable read and helpful tips. Wish it also included picture of the dish, but all in all very worthwhile.

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME GIFT, Feb. 12 2014
I'm a man.What do I know about cooking? LoL. Bought this as a gift.Was worried about the lack of pictures.Not an issue.They loved it.What's not to love.It is PEPIN.There response to no pictures was if they needed to look at them they'd look on the internet for some.There you have it.And instead of a hundred recipes with a bunch of hi glossy photos you get 7 hundred recipes.Hope this was helpful

5.0 out of 5 stars Comprehensive Cookbook and DVD and the combination is outstanding., Jan. 14 2014
Excellent DVD to watch and learn from Jacques Pepin. The DVD is an invaluable resource that accompanies the cookbook. I have learned so much!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great teacher!, May 2 2013
I started by watching the dvd that comes with the book and it's worth the purchase price on it's own, and you're getting the book too with more than 700 recipes from a REAL CHEF!

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful book, Jan. 6 2013
I like this book. It was shipped with no complaints and no damage. I like how this book has basic ideas to advanced ideas, and how it is divided in sections of main ingredients. I also like how it mentions a side to but with it or slight variations to do with a basic recipe.

ARRAY(0xadf2e408)