5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully written account of the match and behind the scenes., May 24 2010
This book is written really well, it's engaging and gives you an insight into behind the scenes, such as what was going on and what was said in the locker room during the rain delays as well as an account of the match.

I loved the insight into what Rafa's Uncle Toni (his coach) said to him during the rain delays and how philosophical he and Rafa are, I also loved how Rafa was telling his Uncle to "stay calm" when he'd lost the 3rd and 4th sets, it was almost a role reversal where Rafa was speaking like the coach, he told his Uncle, "I lost the 2 tiebreakers but he didn't break my serve in either set. I won the 1st 2 sets, no? Why can't I win the 5th set too?" He was so positive and determined.

I thoroughly recommend this book if you're a Rafa fan, it's really enjoyable to read and it's like being a fly on the locker room wall at times and it's great to know what was going on in there!

Another book about Rafa is "Rafael Nadal The Biography" but it's not as good as this book, if you're a big fan of Rafa's you'll probably know everything in the bio already, whereas this book gives you more info and is more interesting.

If you're a huge Rafa fan you'll also like "The Poetry of Passion (for People with a Pulse)" as it has a chapter of approx 80 poems in it about Rafa's career, his personality and his good looks.

The Poetry of Passion (for People with a Pulse)

5.0 out of 5 stars pages of genius, Aug. 1 2010
Brian Maitland (Vancouver, BC, Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
If you know L. Jon Wertheim writing at all through his work with Sports Illustrated or other tennis books, you know this book is not going to disappoint. Using what is now considered the greatest tennis match ever as a backdrop to discussions about the state of tennis today Wertheim is using a setup that is now so overworked yet he's still able to make it a great read. We get to learn more about the two protagonists' life off the court and how they got to where they are now that gives all tennis fans a greater appreciation for these two great ambassadors of the sport.

I won't spoil it for anyone but we do get to find out what makes each player tick and also why Federer and Nadal are the way they are.

5.0 out of 5 stars Interesting & enjoyable, I re-lived the match and found out behind the scenes info., May 26 2010
I really enjoyed this book, I loved watching the match and reading this I re-lived it and it answered questions I was thinking while the players were off court during the rain delays, such as "I wonder what they're saying in the locker room."

It's written really well, it's interesting and is really enjoyable. Highly recommended

Review by Juliette Westbrook-Finch, author of "The Poetry of Passion (for People with a Pulse)"

ARRAY(0xbcfcf888)