5.0 out of 5 stars Dietgirl is a Superhero!, Jan. 12 2008
Donna DeLorme (Calgary, Alberta) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Amazing Adventures of Dietgirl (Paperback)
I have been reading Shauna's blog since 2002, but reading the portable version all at once (with a little more background information about her life, which only made me identify with her even more, to the point of crying myself to sleep two nights in a row) hit more of a nerve with me than the bits and pieces of it over the years. The impact of where she started, to where she is now, and how she did it, is incredible. The tales of romance and travel are a great read, too! This book is funny, inspiring, tear-jerking, heartwarming, blood boiling... I laughed out loud and cried real tears and I never wanted it to end!! Thank God she has a blog.

Shauna is just going to have to live with the fact that she is, indeed, a Weight Loss Superhero, whose mask has been uncovered and true identity revealed! And we love her!

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny and Inspirational, Jan. 18 2008
This review is from: The Amazing Adventures of Dietgirl (Paperback)
I received this book from Amazon Canada yesterday and finished it in one sitting, I just couldn't put it down! I've been a fan of Shauna's witty writing style since stumbling upon her Dietgirl blog several years ago. This book is a cohesive account of her journey and it's filled with laugh out loud moments (of course), but there are teary-eyed nodding in agreement and understanding moments as well. Her transformation into a confident and shining person full of life and fun is truly an inspiration. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely read for anyone who's losing or who's lost, Feb. 5 2008
Laura Nicholson (USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Amazing Adventures of Dietgirl (Paperback)
Shauna's book is an absolute must read for anyone who has fought the battle against flab, or as she calls it "lard busting." Her honesty in explaining how she got to be over 300 pounds is poignant and moving, and the way she writes about her ups and downs in losing over half her weight is inspirational. I've read a ton of diet books and weight loss stories, and Shauna's is one of the best written and most touching. You'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll be inspired to bust some lard. Thank you, Shauna, for pouring your heart out. You're a Superstar!

5.0 out of 5 stars Super girl - super book!, Feb. 1 2008
Rhonda (Wakefield, QC) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Amazing Adventures of Dietgirl (Paperback)
I just finished reading Shauna's book and it was SO GOOD!! Shauna's truly inspirational, and her style of writing is causual and catchy, making it tremendously hard to put down (I think I finished it in 2 days). Unlike your average diet book, this isn't a how-to book or a big lecture - Shauna just tells her impressive story, and in so doing, makes you want to be a good-news story yourself! Thanks so much Shauna!

5.0 out of 5 stars An amazing adventure..., July 8 2009
Denise Onslow (Toronto, Ontario) - See all my reviews
When you read this book, it is like reading or is like reading someones personal diary. So many details about her life, how she over came her demons and then realized her goals and weight loss ambitions and found love along the way.

If you are having trouble staying movtivated and wanting to loose a few pounds or feel like your the only person who ever year "a moment on the lips, a life time on the hips" then this book is for you!

Give it a go, you might find yourself along the way!

4.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational, Jan. 2 2011
I really enjoyed this book. The book is a blog over approximately 6 years about how she experienced her weight-loss journey. I feel that it's inspiring to read about someone who has learnt how to love herself. I also feel that I have learnt a lot from this book in that I am trying to focus more on long-term goals and complete lifestyle changes rather than attempting quick unrealistic changes. Thank you Shauna for sharing your success & happiness!

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved every minute of it!, Sept. 10 2009
What an amazing book! I recommend it to anyone who has ever struggled with weight loss. Especially those daunted by the amount of weight they want to lose. Shauna is such and inspiration!! I read the whole book in 2 days!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book!, Nov. 24 2010
I really loved this true tale of weight loss. Shauna is a sweetheart and we can all relate to her struggles with weight loss. I do highly recommend this book if you are trying to lose weight. It's a great motivation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Read!, Oct. 16 2013
For anyone who is about to start the struggle of a huge weight loss, or someone who is in the middle of the challenge, this is a great read! Very well written, and I found something on every page that resonated with me personally. Some great motivation for anyone who battles the bulge!

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring, Aug. 27 2010
M. Beland (Qc) - See all my reviews
It's amazing to see how far come Shana et where she is today. Some days were easy, other not. Very inspiring!!

The Amazing Adventures of Dietgirl
The Amazing Adventures of Dietgirl by Shauna Reid (Paperback - Jan. 29 2008)
CDN$ 21.95