march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools Family snsflyout

on March 15, 2002
This was the first of Danielle Steels books that I ever read. I instantly fell in love with her books. I can totally relate to Cassie and her love for an older man (Nick), for I have found myself in the same situation. Cassie was a women who was way ahead of her time. She showed strength and courage that many women of that time would not have. She made it through so much the loss of a brother, a close friend, her marriage and almost herself. And still she pined the whole time for Nick. I was so made at him when he said he could love her cause he had nothing to give her and he was too old for her. Apparently no one told him that age is a number and love is sometime enough. By the end of this book when Cassie goes to England i just knew she would find Nick. By the last page i was in tears for she had finally gotten what she had wanted all this time Nick the love of her life. I want to give this book to my man friend whos says hes to old for me! Love prevails and takes flight on Cassie and Nick's Wings!
on March 27, 2002
I have been reading Danielle Steel's books for over 15 years now. Sometimes they do get a bit "all the same" with most of the characters being important, successful, beautiful people who live in "stately homes" and wear "important jewels and furs". Sometimes I think the characters are more about what they have then who they are. Despite this, I always enjoy her books - they are easy to read, romantic and make you forget about everyday life for a couple of hours while engrossed in the book. Personally I think her earlier books are more enjoyable and get more involved in the characters than some of the later books she This book is one you will really enjoy - the main character is Cassie and she is so confident in herself that you just want to be like her. Stands up to everyone and still is a lovely person. Highly recommended.
on March 24, 2003
A novel that takes place at the turn of the century and follows one young woman's progress as the history of airplanes and aviation becomes popular in the early 1930's. This is not the best Steel has written. For one thing, it's horrendously repetitive. This is a novel for when you are very distracted and need to be reminded constantly of plot details. This is a novel for when you are not looking for anything too deep and heavy.
The edition I read was a very repetitive 631 pages in large print. Steel obviously did research into the beginnings of aviation and airplanes and anyone who is interested in the history of air, flights, and transportation will enjoy this, provided you keep in mind it is very long and the writing doesn't have much depth.
The closest author I can compare this story and Steel's writing to, is Fern Michaels. If you like author, Fern Michaels's plots and writing style, you will like "Wings" by Danielle Steel.
Steel was, apparently writing more lengthy and involved novels back in the mid 1990's. I just wish the writing wasn't so cliched and repetitive.
on May 10, 2001
Wings is the third and final volume of the Bromeliad (following Truckers and Diggers).
Masklin, Gurder and Angalo have just left the quarry and are heading to the airport in hope to go to Florida, where they can put the Thing on a space shuttle so that it can call the Ship. Following Grandson Richard, 39, they board the Concorde.
What somewhat surprised me with Wings is that it's not only the conclusion to a tremendous adventure: the story really gets a level deeper, as the relationship between the nomes and the Thing develops. And don't worry, you still get those hilarious puns such as the one about frogs who have "such a tiny life cycle it still had trainer wheels on it"!
The Bromeliad trilogy is a gripping story, extremely funny and easy to read, but it's also a story about how the world around you can always amaze you if you only look a bit further than just at your direct neighbourhood. I highly recommend it to both children and grown-ups alike!
on October 29, 2003
when i was 15 i couldnt get past the first 10 pages. Now, im 17 its my senior year and i had to read a book. i pulled out Wings again, and discovered how wonderful it was. I was reading every chance i got. My mom was very happy too! =o)
I like how Danielle Steels books take place during something big. With Wings, the big event was the bombing of Pearl Harbor, and when the first woman tried to fly around the world. i liked this book, because i could really feel what Cass was feeling whenever she would talk or think, or spend time with Nick. ive never been a fan of the airplanes. but this book made me think differently. i loved the love story. Read it!
on December 25, 1998
This was one of the best stories that were ever written by the hand of a talented female author. The book takes place right after World War I and during World War II. The main characters, Nick Galvin and Cassie, are well developed and always were attracted to each other and fall in love, no matter how much Nick protests to it because he feels to old to do so and for her. The villain is cunning, ambitious, and hateful enough to want to ruin whatever happiness that both characters have. As one of Danielle Steel's fans, I want you to read this terrific novel and enjoy it's love story, historic events, and learn how women were treated in those times.
on May 2, 2001
I read this book when I was a freshman in college. This was a book that I read instead of getting ready for finals. Let me tell you there were times when I wish I could have reached in the book and rung Cassie's neck. I just fell in love with this book and I could not put it down. I must say out of all the books I have read, this has and will remain my favorite. I just loved the way she fell in love with her father's friend and I just wish that Damion had never walked into her life. He made things very frustrating for me.
on March 25, 2003
My Dad has been reading Terry Pratchett books and he thought I'd like this one. He was right! You should read this book , because it is very funny and exciting. The book is about three nomes that got stuck on Earth and need to take a space shuttle home. The nomes get a lot of useful help from Thing, a machine. But too bad when Thing runs out of "pow" (power)!
I don't have the first two books from this trilogy but I am getting them next!
on June 2, 1997
As usual, Danielle Steel is at her best. This had to be one of the most fantastic books I have EVER read. She's brings you right in to her story as if you were living it. She makes you feel exactly what the characters are feeling, want what the characters are wanting and more!

If you read this book, I can guarantee you WON'T be disappointed, except when you have to put it down.
on October 27, 2000
In Diggers, the nomes living in a quarry found themselves besieged by humans. In the end, Masklin rescued them with nothing short of a miracle. This book is the story of that miracle.
This book is so funny that I often found myself laughing out loud while reading it. Not only that, the action is gripping, and the ending is touching. This book is a wonderful buy.