5.0 out of 5 stars The greatest trip in the world
The summer after my freshman year in high school, a ton of years ago, I was miserable. I didn't have any new friends at school, I was having a hard time at home, and I was trying to get through everyday with a smile on my face.
Published on Dec 11 2000

1.0 out of 5 stars Eww. Candy-coated Bible allegories
This is absolutely horrible.... smarmy, saccharine Christian propoganda. It has absolutely nothing to do with salesmanship or business.... just a collection of feelgood, heavy-handed homily. Yuck.
Published on Jan. 16 2002 by Jeff J. Ong

5.0 out of 5 stars The greatest trip in the world, Dec 11 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: The Greatest Salesman in the World (Mass Market Paperback)
I took a trip with a bunch of people I didn't know, a 10 day backpacking trip to an island in lake superior. Our guide was a 75 year-old man named Dave. Everyday, Dave read us a chapter from this book, and everyday my respect for him grew.
The day I got off the island I bought the book and began my ten month journey through the scrolls it contained. I've followed the instructions, reading each chapter for one month, several times. I've worn out several copies and given away several others.
This book profoundly changed my life. Not only am I extraordinarily successful in terms of "material" success, but I am happier than I ever imagined it was possible to be several years ago before I went on that island. Buy this book, follow it's instructions, and even if you are never the richest woman or man on earth, you will be among the happiest.

5.0 out of 5 stars Be Your Best Self, May 29 2004
Carmen Matthews "The Serene Samurai" (San Diego, California) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Greatest Salesman in the World (Mass Market Paperback)
All success, happiness, love, peace of mind and wealth are traceble to the 14 ideas, shared in "The Greatest Salesman in the World:"
1. Master the art of living not for yourself alone, but for others as well;
2. Prove to yourself that you can endure the life of a salesman;
3. Believe in the quality of what you are selling;
4. Make your determination to succeed so strong that failure couldn't possibly overtake you;
5. Be fully in the present moment;
6. Choose love as your greatest weapon, no matter what;
7. Persist in what you believe in;
8. Celebrate your uniqueness;
9. Each morning, enthusiastically wake up saying to yourself, "Is this my day to excel?";
10. Master your ability to fully process your emotions, in the present moment;
11. Enjoy at least one deep belly laugh a day with someone else;
12. Multiply your value each day, by 100;
13. Take actions on your dreams, now; and,
14. Instead of wishing or praying for something, ask for guidance to manifest this into your life.
And, having read this book again, 12 years after having first read it, I am pleased to see how I have and have not applied the lessons.
If you've read this book before, or others that have guided you to add value to your life, read this now, to chart a new path on your journey to be your best self.

5.0 out of 5 stars personanonxista@optonline.net, July 9 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: The Greatest Salesman in the World (Mass Market Paperback)
I first read "The Greatest Salesman in the World" in August 1973. I have read, since that first reading, and will continue to read, all 10 Scrolls every morning for the rest of my life.
I recorded the 10 Scrolls on cassette in my own voice and listen to it in my car as I drive to work and again on my return home. Ralph Waldo Emerson said we become what we think about. The 10 Scrolls are what I think about. There is something heroic in the way salespeople make their living. If you are one who cannot fail because you have nowhere to fail to, the Greatest Salesman will guide you on that road that winds uphill all the way to very end on the day's journey that lasts from morn to night, my friend. Og Mandino and I spoke often in 1979 and the years that followed before his return to the loving Father, the actual Author of the Greatest Salesman,who sent him to us. If everyone could read this book at once,we would all become like story book children walking hand in hand across the meadow.

4.0 out of 5 stars The world is your oyster!, May 11 2014
This review is from: The Greatest Salesman in the World (Mass Market Paperback)
If you are familiar with the Secret, you will enjoy this book. It preaches the same thought process. You will succeed.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Title speaks for itself, June 11 2013
An amazing book, inspiring and motivating. OG's ability to rivet the readers attention while providing amazing life lessons through his characters makes this book a must read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great lessons of life, June 11 2013
F. Leblanc (Canada, Qc) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Greatest Salesman in the World (Mass Market Paperback)
Very well thought of and written in a way that makes it quite interesting! Seasoned sales person or new in this carreer, follow the principals adn you will succeed.

5.0 out of 5 stars a great inspirational story told in parable form, April 22 2013
This review is from: The Greatest Salesman in the World (Mass Market Paperback)
helps people grow in their positive attitude and out look on life. Persistence and belief leads to success in anything you do

5.0 out of 5 stars The Greatest Salesman in the World, Jan. 14 2012
This review is from: The Greatest Salesman in the World (Mass Market Paperback)
EXCELLENT....EXCELLENT...EXCELLENT Book!!! Found it enjoyable reading and hit home in so many areas. A book to be read, read, and re read.

1.0 out of 5 stars Eww. Candy-coated Bible allegories, Jan. 16 2002
Jeff J. Ong (Portland, OR USA) - See all my reviews

2.0 out of 5 stars I was not motivated at all., Nov. 23 2001
Rob Pelo (Glendfield, NY United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Greatest Salesman in the World (Mass Market Paperback)
I bought this book the same reason that I bought Think and grow rich by Napoleon Hill. It was reccommended in all my other financial and self motivational books. I was very disapointed. It is a story of perserveering, giving to charity, thinking positive. It set in biblical times which made it a hard and boring read for me.

The Greatest Salesman in the World
The Greatest Salesman in the World by Og Mandino (Mass Market Paperback - Jan. 1 1983)
CDN$ 11.99 CDN$ 10.79