5.0 out of 5 stars The BEST Relationship Book. Period.
Just returned from a weekend workshop with the Hendricks, and all I can say is, "This stuff works."
Already has changed some signficant patterns in my life and relationship.
Published on July 16 2004 by Joanna

3.0 out of 5 stars You really need a partner that's on side for this book to be of any use
Although you are told that changes in you relationship can be made without your better half cooperating with the plan outlined, it really doesn't.
Published 19 months ago by Sylvia Pawluk

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars The BEST Relationship Book. Period., July 16 2004
This review is from: Conscious Loving: The Journey to Co-Committment (Paperback)
Already has changed some signficant patterns in my life and relationship.
Get the book, but if you can afford it, go see them "do" the work live and in person. I've been to tons of personal growth seminars, but this one was so far and away beyond anyone else's it amazed me.
[...]
Check it out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Coupled with the Bible, this book has been my growth source, May 8 1998
By A Customer
This book has caused the most growth I've experience in 43yrs. In tandem with the Basic Instructions Before Living Earth(BIBLE), I've not been more encouraged toward facing those 'demons' that have resided in me for so long; caused so much pain; damaged or ruin the lives of other people. It has been as a direct result of the techniques of the Hendricks, that I have faced the demon's of CO-DEPENDENCY...and have moved toward really living life to the fullest!! I have gained so much in a very short time. One of the best things about this paradigm shift, is that I can go back time and time again, to check and reinforce the principals and techniques...which makes me stronger and stronger! It has affected me in such a positive force that I've recommended it to not only friends and family, but to anyone I basically come in contact with - and being in the Career Counseling field and as a professional Musician, I come in contact with all types of people. And I just want people to KNOW...that any conditioning that causes "us" to limit our potential of being the very best that we can be as a "human being," not only destroy's the individual, but our society as well!
We MUST LEARN TO BE BETTER PEOPLE - LEARN WHAT CAUSES US TO ACT/REACT TO CERTAIN THINGS. LEARN TO BUILD "HEALTHY RELATIONSHIPS FOR OURSELVES, WHICH CONSEQUENTLY DEVELOPE "HEALTHY CHILDREN!"
I started with the Bible, and I'm still in the Bible - now and forever. My next on-going project of self-assessment lead me to Stephen Covey's "7 habits"...from there, to "Don't sweat the small stuff" and now "Conscious Loving." I feel like I've just come across some choice steak!
My significant other and I were cresting to desolving our "entanglement"(as it were), I was fairly into the book...dealing basically with myself while trying to keep the relationship going, as Co-Dependent as it was. Then lights started coming on! I finally got her interested in the book; n! ot for me or us, but for herself! We're going into counseling now... as part of our Conscious agreement to a Co-commited relationship...not an entanglement!!! That's a positive about the relationship, but it's really about YOU, the INDIVIDUAL!! REALLY BEING THE BEST YOU CAN BE...REALIZING YOUR FULL POTENTIAL!
Thank you so much for re-teaching me HOW TO LIVE!!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Gentle Loving Path to Mending Relationships, Oct. 19 2000
By A Customer
Without doubt, this is one of the greatest works I have read on the art of relationships and loving. This book (which I have read a number of times) emphasizes the beauty and necessity of telling the "microscopic truth" a value that we as a society are not taught to embrace. I believe that Gay and Kathy have successfully demonstrated what it means to be in a "conscious" relationship, as well as providing examples of the precise moment when couples enter into an "unconscious" relationship. You will find yourself easily wanting to read more as you apply their methods to your daily life and find that they work!

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read for anyone who wants deeper intimacy., Dec 18 1998
By A Customer
The Hendricks reveal the blocks to intimacy and happiness in human relationships. They expose problems as opportunities to explore our own blind spots. I have read this book several times over the last few years and give these methods complete credit for the joyous, fulfilling relationship I have had for the last three years. The book shows you how to be honest, take responsibility for yourself, and explore the core perceptions that sabotage your happiness. I have recommended this book to friends more than any other book I have read. If you want to get past your cycles of blame and pain, this is the book for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars "Conscious Loving" a gift for all our relationships, Feb. 10 2000
Randy Dillon (S.F. Bay Area, California) - See all my reviews
I have read and re-read this book and have found it to be the best book on building & healing relationship I have seen. Clearly distinguishes the subtle ways we sabatoge our relationships, then sets forth a clear new paradigm of being conscious creators with powerfully concieved steps and commitments, and excellent exercises for transforming oneself and others from victim to creator inside close relationships. Well organized, Conscious Loving is a stand-out contribution. Just the simple step of constantly "Claiming Creativity" has made a huge difference in my relationships.

5.0 out of 5 stars Shines loving light onto destructive patterns., July 6 1999
By A Customer
After two divorces, it took reading this book to uncover the destructive patterns which plagued those relationships. "Conscious Loving" helped illuminate the underlying causes of those patterns so that I could lovingly accept responsibility, AND make new choices. My partner and I have both read the book and find that we are healing old wounds, and experiencing the deep intimacy we'd always craved -- but had never before achieved. I highly recommend that you keep a journal while you read this book to capture the revelations that are sure to follow.

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely insightful, July 12 2002
William C. Burkett (Colorado Springs, CO) - See all my reviews
Although I found the title so trite and cloying that I almost didn't want to read this book, I find myself having to agree with a previous reviewer that this is one of the best books on relationships I've ever read. It is extremely insightful, fair, and practical -- if you can really listen and accept what they have to say. While I was reading, I found myself wanting to stop and take notes and examine my attitudes and past programming about relationships. I'm to buy copies or it for friends, and I'm so glad that an intimate friend passed it along to me to read.

5.0 out of 5 stars saved my relationship, Nov. 16 2000
P. Falstad (Edina, MN USA) - See all my reviews
Until I read this book I had no idea how to have a relationship, and so my relationship with my girlfriend was a source of constant struggle and anxiety. After two weeks, the fun and excitement was gone and I was getting worn out. Finally it became too much and we were just about to break up. Then I read this book and saw all the things I was doing wrong, and realized that the relationship could be completely healed if I just did what the book said. Well we got back together again and now it's about two years later and we're married!

5.0 out of 5 stars A path to your dreams, July 22 2003
Anna McGrath "wonderworks" (San Francisco, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This book gave me the roadmap to embrace me and my 15 year relationship. I have flourished in just 7 months to become the person I have always dreamed of being. My relationship is expanding everyday in love and full creativity.
Katie and Gay Hendrick's are the most amazing couple I have ever had the pleasure to meet. They have been able to write this book and create trainings to deliver the message in numerous formats for anyones learning style. They live and breath their commitments in a loving and inspiring way.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent tool for everyone!, Oct. 12 1998
By A Customer
Excellent tool for helping couples look deep within themselves and to learn how they can change from a co-dependent stage to a co-committed stage. We are all a product of the way we were raised, but only we can change that....if we really find it from deep within us. Teaches us how to have better relationships and tear down walls that may have developed that we never knew we had! A must read for couples as well as our children for those wanting to live life to it's fullest and happiest!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Conscious Loving: The Journey to Co-Committment
Conscious Loving: The Journey to Co-Committment by Kathlyn Hendricks (Paperback - Jan. 1 1992)
CDN$ 23.00 CDN$ 16.61