4.0 out of 5 stars FIrst Stephenson read won't be the last
This was my first plunge into the world of Stephenson (I have Cryptonomicon sitting ominously on my shelf), and now I know why people make such a big fuss over him. This book is funny, wildly inventive, action-packed, futuristic, dystopian, philsophical, historical, etc... I was totally sucked into the world and loved the descriptions of the franchised universe in which...
Published on Sept. 30 2009 by J. Tobin Garrett

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for Everyone
What Neuromancer started, Snow Crash maximizes. If Cyber-Punk is your thing, you'll love this. I didn't. If you're a young white male video-game fantatic, this is where it's at. I'm none of the above.
For everyone else, those of us who know what a story is, what characterization is, what point of view is, this is a huge disappointment after the build-up. As a...
Published on May 31 2004 by Alec Graham

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad enough to give you a headache, July 31 2000
This review is from: Snow Crash (Paperback)
Bad, silly, superficial and really, really boring. And, of course, it is not a novel, only a lot of words and too many childish simils without any meaning.

1.0 out of 5 stars Snow Crash, April 12 2000
This review is from: Snow Crash (Mass Market Paperback)
If you enjoy science fiction books, then knock yourself out, enjoy the book and move on with your life. I did not enjoy the book. I live a normal life and I do not find these types of books interesting. I only read it upon the recommendation of one of my friends-apparently we have different taste in literature. Other than being extremely confused with the book, I did find it helpful on those sleepless nights. If you like this kind of book, then I recommend it. If you do not like this type of book, move on in the reviews.

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of paper - don't bother with this one., Aug. 6 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: Snow Crash (Paperback)
Childish, sophomoric, vulgar, juvenile. Get the picture? A complete waste of paper. My guess is that this book probably appeals to immature teenage boys with raging hormones (nothing wrong with that, per se, it's just that the book feels as if it was written by someone stuck in puberty) and those with limited imaginations - it certainly is not what one might call "literature." At best, it may be possible to that state the author has an "imagination," however, that doesn't make this book a creative experience. The story weaves and spins through endless threads that come from nowhere and then disappear, completely, into the ether. Got too much time on your hands and want something to scramble you brain on? Then this book is for you. Otherwise, look elsewhere for substance - this book doesn't have any.

1.0 out of 5 stars Save a tree, don't waste your time with this one!, Aug. 6 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: Snow Crash (Paperback)

1.0 out of 5 stars Maybe I just don't care much for the cyberpunk genre..., July 12 2004
D. Prince "emerald07" (Placerville, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Snow Crash (Audio Cassette)
...but this has got to be the most disappointing novel I've ever wasted my time on! Okay, so I listened to the audiobook version while I was driving to and from work, and so I was kind of a captive audience anyway. But I would have been much better off spending that time listening to something like, "The Blue Nowhere: A Novel," by Jeffery Deaver (which I'm currently listening to), or maybe "Digital Fortress," by Dan Brown (which I've already read in book format). Although these novels may not have as much appeal to the true techno-geek/hacker types, they are much better suited to those of us who want to be engrossed in a truly riveting story while stuck in traffic.
Most of the time I was confused about whether the characters were in reality or virtual reality at any given moment, and the rest of the time I was confused as to what the story was supposed to be about. Don't get me wrong - there was some great material in there, and the story might have bloomed in the hands of a truly gifted writer, but judging by this novel, Neal Stephenson is apparently not that writer. All in all, this novel was entirely forgettable.

1.0 out of 5 stars Cyber Trash!! Worst book ever!!, Oct. 31 2005
Paul Guibord (Ottawa,Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Snow Crash (Paperback)
This was the most painful book I have ever read! It is so disjointed, the reader has little or no idea what world the characters are in at any given time.You simply do not care about any of the players in the story at all.Live or die, it's all the same.It has no plot and has more loose ends than I have ever read or tried to read.The dialogue is childish and the author literally makes up his own words to describe things with no explanation whatsoever.If I can save one person from wasting his/her time reading this book, I can sleep better at night!

ARRAY(0x9edbfc9c)

Snow Crash
Snow Crash by Neal Stephenson (Paperback - May 2 2000)
CDN$ 17.00 CDN$ 12.27