5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, June 14 2010
This review is from: Ina May's Guide to Breastfeeding (Paperback)
If it wasn't for this book, I don't think I would be quite as successful with breast feeding as I am now. This book is the reason why I will be able to breast feed for a full year. I even brought it to the hospital with me, it was like having Ina May there with me in the room. Breast feeding can make any new mother nervous, and this book boosted my confidence with it's great advice, debunking any myths, and by bringing up any issues, along with solutions, that could potentially discourage someone from breast feeding.

This guide tackles everything, from being a how-to, troubleshooting, and my favorite, breast feeding and society's perception of it and how it has to change, if we want women to breast feed for the whole year. It even states that breast feeding women should not judge mothers who decide on formula feeding. Very objective.

If you are like me, and were really determined to make breast feeding work, this book is the only one I ever needed. It certainly has my recommendation.

Obviously, go see you doc, or health care provider, right away (don't wait), if breast feeding is not working for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Packed With Good Information, Aug. 15 2014
This review is from: Ina May's Guide to Breastfeeding (Paperback)
I just had to have this book after reading Ina May's Guide to Childbirth and I haven't been disappointed. I love that she covers how the breasts work, physical what roles each hormone plays and our mental state as well.
It is a bit of information overload as it covers lots of potential issues that you may never experience. It will definitely be my go to book for breastfeeding.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended to all mothers to be!, Dec 10 2013
This review is from: Ina May's Guide to Breastfeeding (Paperback)
Wonderful book - highly recommend it to all mothers to be. I've referenced it several times after giving birth for both the breastfeeding support as well as the other early infant care information.

4.0 out of 5 stars very good read, Aug. 3 2012
J. Richard (Nova Scotia, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ina May's Guide to Breastfeeding (Paperback)
I enjoyed this book and the stories that are included. I think the stories really make this unique and were helpful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best pregnancy book I've purchased to-date, Feb. 17 2012
This book is well written with obvious expertise backing it. There are a few books I've regretted buying over the length of my pregnancy but this one is probably one of the few I feel really good having purchased. Admittedly I have not yet had my baby (in a few weeks!) and have not yet started breastfeeding, however, I feel prepared and confident. Ina May writes in an honest and clear way - I know I'll be referring back to this book often. Excellent purchase!

4.0 out of 5 stars I never imagined a 'textbook' on breastfeeding, but here ..., July 22 2014
This review is from: Ina May's Guide to Breastfeeding (Paperback)
I never imagined a 'textbook' on breastfeeding, but here it is. this book will stay close to my night stand as I hope to use this as a reference once our first child is born.

5.0 out of 5 stars ina may's breastfeeding book, Feb. 14 2011
This review is from: Ina May's Guide to Breastfeeding (Paperback)
this book is a great book for first time moms(like myself) it has more than just breatfeeding help. It has info on labor birth hospital procedures and all the while tying it in to how it all affects breastfeeding. i am only halfway thru and am extremley impressed. i would not hesitate to recommend this book to others

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, Sept. 21 2014
Good book

Ina May's Guide to Breastfeeding
Ina May's Guide to Breastfeeding by Ina May Gaskin (Paperback - Sept. 29 2009)
CDN$ 22.00 CDN$ 15.88