Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage pinata Furniture Kindle Music Deals Store Cycling Tools minions

Showing 1-4 of 4 reviews(1 star)show all reviews
on October 4, 2001
This was the first, and last, Davidson title that I've read. It was dreadful tripe.
The main character, Goldy, is totally unsympathetic. She's a professional victim, always whining about her ex-husband, when she isn't spying on him and his new girlfriend, or interfering with his relationship with his son, that is.
As for the plot, what plot? It's an incoherent mishmash of totally unbelievable coincidences and wild changes in direction.
A bitter divorcee might enjoy this book, but only for the ex-husband bashing. Everyone else would be well advised to stay far, far away from this steaming pile of dog doo.
on April 11, 2001
As a longtime reader of Mott Davidson's, I found STICKS AND SCONES disappointingly disjointed and implausible....Loose ends, and too many leaps of logic. Besides which, juvenile son, Arch, gets more tediously obnoxious as the years go by with NO redeeming qualities, and ex-husband, John Richard, keeps up harassment that NO wife of a police officer would ever have to endure. I know this is fiction, but no heroine can be interesting being as much of a career victim as Goldy is.
Even the recipes in this book are disappointing.
on June 19, 2001
I have been a fan of Davidson's since the beginning, awaiting each book as it was published, and I was eagerly watching for this one. What a disappointment. The book seemed to start in mid-stream. In the first 30 pages, Goldy is shot at twice - it is very unbelieveable. I agree with the other review that she didn't seem to tie things together well at all. I knew the history of Goldy and ex, etc., and I still found it very hard to follow. I find it hard to believe that Goldy has that many enemies - she is only a caterer!
on April 23, 2001
I really liked this series, but I, too, grew weary of Goldy's ex and that bratty son she indulges...and Somis, CA is right...no policeman worth his shoulder holster would put up with such nonsense.
Goldy needs to put her foot down with the son, file enough charges against the ex to put him UNDER the jail and then start giving Tom the attention and love he so richly deserves.
It's time for Mott Davidson to find another character to develop. Goldy's just run out of steam.