5.0 out of 5 stars Very comforting and fascinating
Published on April 5 2004 by CrimsonMoon

3.0 out of 5 stars A book I hated to love
This is a terribly written book. There were times when I wanted to throw it across the room because it was so simplistic and repetitious. (Every single chapter ends exactly the same way. "That explains such-and-such and in the next chapter we'll discuss such-and-such")
Published on Nov. 3 2001

5.0 out of 5 stars Very comforting and fascinating, April 5 2004
This review is from: Hello from Heaven: A New Field of Research-After-Death Communication Confirms That Life and Love Are Eternal (Mass Market Paperback)
I purchased this book last year after losing my father. I had gone to a website about life after death to find some answers. This book was on their recommended reading list, so I bought it. Each chapter describes different accounts of ADC's or after death communications, such as feeling a touch, hearing a voice, or smelling a fragrance. Each account is fascinating, and the most comforting fact I learned is that no matter what condition a person was in when they passed away-whether it be disease, if they were crippled or whatever-they are completely restored and appear to be in the prime of their lives. Our loved ones are happy, content and whole. The subject of suicide is also powerful here. It definitely has negative connotations on the other side. Believe me, this is a wonderful book; I just bought it for my sister-in-law who lost her mother 3 months before my father died. She can't put it down, either. I highly recommend this book for anyone who is searching for answers and needs to know that their loved one is o.k.

5.0 out of 5 stars The only gift....., May 9 2003
Patrick J. Atkinson (Bismarck, ND United States) - See all my reviews
As a Christian / Catholic missioner, I am frequently called in to counsel bereaved family members and associates of someone who has recently died, and I used to be at a loss as to what to give them.... what to place in their hands.... for when they are once again alone.
The only gift that I give since having discovered "Hello From Heaven!" is a copy of this book. It is warm, compassionate, and crosses virtually all religious lines.
Right now I am at Amazon.com ordering another ten copies for future use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfort for those left behind, Aug. 8 2002
By A Customer
If you feel guilty or angry or depressed about the loss of a loved one--whether death occurred suddenly or after a long illness--this little book will enable you to deal with these emotions and the full range of others following a loss. Even though I had accepted that eventually I would lose my parents, the death of my mother was overwhelming. I read many chapters & verses in my bible, watched uplighting programs in the middle of the night, but my true comfort came through "Hello from Heaven!" I would love to see my mother, and the Guggenheims indicate that all of us may have the opportunity to experience the closeness of a loved one who has departed for a better, more glorious, and incredibly unimaginable place for us. The encounters that they researched & described are so uplifting and comforting, and their own personal comments about the experiences of others are like frosting on the cake! How wonderful to read something by writers who come across as very humble in their writing, but who offer so much hope and comfort for those of us left behind. Thank you, Bill & Judy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Transforming life by understanding death, Dec 26 2003
By A Customer
After reading many books by several empowering authors such as Betty Eadie, John Edward, Sylvia Browne, and Tiffany Snow, that I am still reading, my life has opened up to me in such a compelling and wonderful way. This new book is well written, and thought provoking. There are great transforming authors, who shift the consciousness of humankind in a way never known before, and have the courage to reveal their paranormal experiences. "Hello" is one of these.

3.0 out of 5 stars A book I hated to love, Nov. 3 2001
By A Customer
And yet it was a book I couldn't put down. It grabbed me in the very first chapter when it described that a lot of after-death encounters occur in a car on dark roads. It so vividly, word for word, described my first experience with after-death contact. I was never a believer that this was possible, but the death of my friend and the experiences I had convinced me that it was indeed possible. However, I never shared with people a lot of the ways I felt there had been contact. Yet here it was, in black and white. All of my experiences explained in very careful detail.
I can't recommend this book as literature or as good writing, but for anybody who feels they have had an after-death contact, this book will be very comforting and affirming.
I have had 3 painful losses in my life and only contact with one of them. But I truly believe there was contact--and reading Guggenheim's book was very comforting.

5.0 out of 5 stars I can't explain it, but this book helps to open your mind..., Dec 16 2002
Jennifer Hamilton (Mineral Wells, Texas United States) - See all my reviews
I can't explain the power of this book; I have always had questions to things for which I had no answers. As I read this book I began to read just a couple chapters a night, clearing my mind and really soaking in the words. As a child I had dreams of people in my family who had passed on but they were so real, it was hard for me to accept that they were just dreams. I went in to my exploration of books such as this hoping to get answers and clarification to some of these unexplained events that occurred in my childhood. I got more than that from this book. I think reading this book allowed me to be open in a very relaxed state of mind that one night as I slept, I had a dream in which my 24yr old nephew who had committed suicide approx. 2 years before came to me with a message of concern for his younger brother. I woke up and felt that I had to call and check up on his brother who was several states away that I had rarely had contact with. I thought maybe, the book just made me read too much into it, but that same morning a letter appeared in a box of stationary that my daughter found at the foot of her bed on the floor amongst other scatted envelopes, it was a letter from my deceased nephew addressed to his mother. When reading this letter we found it was an old letter and talked solely of his brother and his concerns for him. I think I have always believed but now I have the answers and conformation I had looked for. This book talks a lot about experiences like mine and ways messages are delivered to us from our departed if we just will take the time to open up our mind and really take notice of the spirits around us. This was an excellent read!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars What a book!!!, Sept. 21 2002
celine beaulac (Debden, Sk Canada) - See all my reviews
The theme of this book is that love is eternal - love continues even after death. It is well documented in this book how some people have genuine contacts from deceased loved ones. These after-death communications (ADCs), bring the surviving family members, feelings of love, warmth and inner peace and shorten the duration of their grief and bereavement. Right from the beginning of the book I had this question, " If ADCs have such healing powers, why don't all deceased friends and relatives come to contact us in some way or give us a sign that they are in a different dimension and that they are fine?" The authors explore this question in the last chapter.
Do our deceased relatives need special permission to contact us? And permission from whom? ADCs reveal that deceased loved ones are extremely happy, radiate light, appear younger and healthy and have a new awareness. Do they know the truth about all things?
In the future, as we learn more about ADCs, will we be able to communicate with our deceased loved ones at will? And what kind of advice could they give us?
A very interesting subject that needs further discussion and exploring. There is still so much unknown about the spiritual universe.
My next book by Elisabeth Kubler-Ross and David Kessler called "Life Lessons" will be about a related topic.

5.0 out of 5 stars Our pets are there, too, April 21 2002
V. Smith (A beautiful valley in the USA) - See all my reviews
I loved this book-- just stumbled on the title again on another site-- I have it in my library-- read it years ago. I used to take it to rest homes when I was a volunteer. How the patients loved those stories! I hope to be doing this again in the near future and I can tell you that book is going with me! I do want to say that our pets have an afterlife as well; there is rock-solid evidence for this.In the book THE SOUL OF YOUR PET, (Scott S. Smith) there are well-over 100 recountings of encounters with pets who have crossed over. Sometimes there are multiple witnesses, and sometimes living pets react to the spirit animal. Also, many people who have had NDE's have seen their own departed pets and/or animals they don't recognize on the Other Side. The concept of animal afterlife is fully-Biblical, too. For example, in the Book of Revelations it plainly states that ALL animals will praise God at the Throne. Kind of hard to do if you no longer exist, I think.After all, what would the afterlife be like without our beloved animal children/companions? God knows our symbiotic love and has made provision for this.The best time to read a book like this is when your pet is young and healthy. It can help enormously to prepare us for the inevitable.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a comfort..., Jan. 25 2002
When my Mom passed suddenly, I found myself lost in a crisis of faith. I missed her so intently I didn't know what to do or where to turn. I was angry with God.
Was it a violation of my Christian faith to want our mother/daughter relationship to continue? Can death separate us from love?
A friend told me, "when a loved on passes on, our relationship with them does not end. It just changes. It's like your kids. When they leave babyhood, they're forever changed and the way you relate to them is forever changed, but the new relationship grows out of the old relationship."
That idea - of "changing relationships" brought me immeasurable comfort. This book speaks to that idea. Communication (communing) with those we love who have left this earth does not end - it just changes. We think and talk to them with our heart. Love is the connection and the connector and love never ends. All the space and time in the world can never stop love from going where it needs to go and doing what needs to be done.
"Hello from Heaven" is just proof that good relationships cannot be terminated - but we have to change and grow into the new methods of communication.
That's what I got out of this book. I enjoyed it. And after reading it, I was comforted and found some peace and relief from the deep grief that had plagued me.
Secondly, in the last few decades, our progress in material things (technology, industry and electronics) has been swift and impressive. Why shouldn't our progress in spiritual concepts be just as swift? Shouldn't it be natural and progressive to learn new languages of love? Languages that supercede our tiny, limited mortal views? Languages that supercede this sliver of experience that we call "our time on earth"?
Why *not* "hear from heaven"? Jesus said, "The kingdom of heaven is at hand." If we're spiritual beings, then heaven is not about geography, but it *is* about mental progress and spiritual awakening. If that's the case, we should expect to learn more of heaven as we awaken to spiritual realities.
After much reflection, it seems divinely natural that we should learn more about heaven.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Read For Everyone!!!, June 25 2001
ChristineD (Bensalem, PA United States) - See all my reviews
I have found "Hello From Heaven" to be extremely helpful because it helped me to know and understand the after-death communication I was receiving from my inlaws and father, after they returned Home to God.
This book is so helpful because it legitimizes the after-death experiences I have encountered, because of its documentation. When I meet others in my travels who are afraid to discuss their experiences, because they are concerned that others will think they are "crazy" or "hallucinating", I am always so relieved to tell them about this book to enlighten them. This helps to give them a whole new perspective on what has been happening to them, and instead of feeling like they are weird, they now realize they have been truly blessed by God.
The Guggenheims have documented so many ways for people to notice after-death communications, and to be on the look-out for, that it is a God-send for anyone who reads it.
... (Prayer Wave for After Death Communication)

CDN$ 10.99 CDN$ 9.92