5.0 out of 5 stars Three generations of praise
Published on Oct. 11 2004 by Kate Lawrie

3.0 out of 5 stars I Liked This Book But One Thing Bugged Me
Kay Hooper has written a page turner. She grabbed my interest right off. I've read all three books in this series and thought this was miles away the best, probably because of the heroine's strength of character.
Published on May 19 2002 by Sires

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Three generations of praise, Oct. 11 2004
Kate Lawrie (Toronto, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Out of the Shadows: A Bishop/Special Crimes Unit Novel (Mass Market Paperback)
WOW! I loved this book...I read it when I was 17 and loved it so much I forced my mother to read it. She doesnt even like the supernatural genre but she could not stop raveing about the book. That summer she gave it to my grandmother a die-hard sci-fi fan who read it reluctantly and loved it. We never agree on anything, but this book had us all excited and waiting for a sequal. A great read...I LOVED IT!

5.0 out of 5 stars You Won't Even Care Who Done It!, Aug. 8 2002
"chillian2" (Oldsmar, Florida United States) - See all my reviews
I couldn't put this book down for one minute. I read it as I walked. In the end, I didn't even care who the killer was, it was the other characters that I wanted to read about. Hooper outdid herself with this one. All I can say is I can't wait until I can read more about Bishop and Randy and Bonnie. The love story was so intense, I never wanted it to end.

3.0 out of 5 stars I Liked This Book But One Thing Bugged Me, May 19 2002
Sires "I like mysteries (particularly British... (Chesapeake, OH, United States) - See all my reviews
However, in every one of these books she has introduced some lapse of logic that I found irritating. In this case it was right at the beginning. An (admittedly inexperience) forensic team is examining and clearing a body dump site. The body has been tentatively identified as a local teenager by a class ring and a gold tooth (teenager with a gold tooth?) There's a statement about how the remains wouldn't fill a shoe box. But somehow it is determined that the body was the estimated height and weight! of the missing teen? How did they estimate weight from a skeletized body in fragments? That is never explained.
Shame-- carelessness like that detracted from a rather good book.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is another winner in the Shadow series, April 18 2002
This third book in the Shadow Series is another winner. Sheriff Miranda Knight and her younger sister, Bonnie, aren't what they seem. That is, they are in hiding in the small town of Gladstone. Both sisters are powerful psychics but nobody knows it. Eight years before a violent serial killer turned their world upside down when Miranda used her gift to help the FBI hunt him down. Instead, he escaped capture and Miranda fled with Bonnie. She changed their names and became sheriff of a small town that appeared innocent on the surface. Unfortunately, another killer was in town and teenagers were showing up dead and mutilated. Miranda called in the FBI and was once again working with FBI profiler, Noah Bishop. Miranda tries to keep
her distance because he had betrayed her eight years before when they were working on the case together. She had been in love with him then and didn't want to let him touch her heart again. Though he is also a powerful psychic, he can't read Miranda because of the walls she has built around herself.
This was a page turner for me, just like the other books in the series. Suspense builds as each new body is revealed as well as the personal relationship between Miranda and Bishop. I'm in the process of buying every book I can find by Hooper.She has become an automatic buy for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved every minute of this book--can't wait for more!, April 15 2002
Mimmi "Mimmi" (RADCLIFF, KY, United States) - See all my reviews
This is one of my favorite kind of book; it's got a little bit of everything included in it. There's suspense, romance, and even the paranormal. And Miss Hooper does a wonderful job of delivering on every angle.

Sheriff Miranda Knight has a problem. Suddenly, for the first time, there are bodies showing up around her small town of Gladstone. And these aren't stranger's bodies, these are the bodies of some of the town's youths. But she can't come up with the first clue-which is not normal for her, considering she's a psychic. Unknown to the good citizens of Gladstone, Miranda has used her talents more than once to solve a crime, and many times to help an investigation along. But for whatever reason with the teens she's just not tuning in. She knows the time has come to seek help, and she knows just who to turn to.
Noah Bishop is a hotshot FBI agent, heading up a special division known for their 'unconventional' methods of investigating. And, yes, they're a bunch of psychics. But their track record just can't be dispute because their methods work. Noah and Miranda have a past-they'd once had a relationship, until tragedy struck. He's been searching for Miranda for years, but even with the resources he has available, he hasn't been able to find her. Then the call comes in from the small town of Gladstone-and he knows. He's going to see Miranda for the first time in 8 years. How can he ever make up for what he'd done?
When Miranda and Noah meet back up for the first time in 8 years, the sparks start to fly. Noah is this big, tough guy, but you can just read into the vulnerability he has for Miranda. And Miranda is so scared of being hurt again, she closes herself off from everything. Except she's already seen a vision of what the future holds for her and Bishop. And she has to avoid it all costs!
Kay Hooper does such a wonderful job with the relationship between Miranda and Noah-we see it build back up, them overcome the problems of the past. And at the same time, she keeps you on the edge of your seat guessing who the killer is, laughing out loud sometimes at the secondary characters (who I hope have a book coming one day), and getting so into the paranormal you almost believe you can read minds. This book most definitely has a place on my keeper shelf, along with plenty of space for future releases involving some of these same characters.
Don't think twice about this one-buy it!!
This series includes: Stealing Shadows, and Hiding In The Shadows.

4.0 out of 5 stars A haunting read of serial murder, old & young love, Jan. 29 2002
Kay Hooper has a the ability to to make you question & make you believe. Out of the Shadows is a book that lets us look into ourselves & still delivers a true terror taunt. Ms. Hooper is one of the few authors today who remind us that while the search for a killer goes on so does the rest of our lives. The mundane must be dealt with & faced even has horror distracts us. A great read that has me searching for more of her works!

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommend, Dec 12 2001
"sunnykissed" (Rolling Hills Estates, CA United States) - See all my reviews
Ms. Hooper's "shadow" books are excellent reading. They are some of the best psychic mysteries around. They are both credible and complex. Don't stop at one.

5.0 out of 5 stars the best mystery ive read in years, Nov. 19 2001
By A Customer
a cross betwwseen the xiles and profiler.great characters-great stoey.a book that wont leave your hands until you trn the last page.other 2 books in series are jut as good!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars shadow series, Oct. 26 2001
thelma steffey (BLUFF CITY, TN United States) - See all my reviews
after reading hiding in the shadows,the first in the series i am hooked on kay hooper. her mystery series are like non other, i am an avid reader of sanders,jance,patterson,clancy,sandford. her books are thrillers you can not put down, so plan to be up all night! each one is a continuation in aspect of the one before, but a new mystery with its own convolted,twisted,terror.
ALL IN THIS SERIES ARE 5 STAR WINNERS

4.0 out of 5 stars A nice thriller!, Oct. 21 2001
I picked this up at an aiport store and it is the first Kay Hooper I have ever read. I guess I started at the end of the trilogy but found the story very exciting. Teenagers were turning up missing in this little town and Sheriff Miranda Knight calls in the FBI profilers to help her with the case. FBI's premier profiler, Noah Bishop, is an old 'friend' of the Sheriff's and the story goes from there. Pretty interesting. It got me thru a plane trip and I hope I didnt ruin it for myself by starting at the end of the trilogy. Has some Xfiles features and if you like that sort of this, this may be your cup of tea.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›
ARRAY(0xb3c25df8)

Out of the Shadows: A Bishop/Special Crimes Unit Novel
Out of the Shadows: A Bishop/Special Crimes Unit Novel by Kay Hooper (Mass Market Paperback - Oct. 31 2000)
CDN$ 10.99 CDN$ 9.89