5.0 out of 5 stars The most practicle guide to healh problems for your family
Published on Jan. 11 1999

2.0 out of 5 stars Average And Over-Simplistic
Published on July 31 1999

5.0 out of 5 stars The most practicle guide to healh problems for your family, Jan. 11 1999
By A Customer
A handy well written and wonderfully researched guide to just about everything that can go wrong with the health of every family member. Their advice and answers to every day health questions and problems is like having a doctor on call 24 hours a day. It's also great for piece of mind or educating yourself on problems you your friends or family members may be experiencing. Even after a visit to the doctor I often further educate myself by looking up the information in their comprehensive index section. My wife and I were amazed how often we picked it up to refer to it. On lots of minor problems it saves a trip to the doctor, plus the Publisher Rodale and Prevention are perhaps the leading publishers in the world on Health and Fitness.

2.0 out of 5 stars Average And Over-Simplistic, July 31 1999
By A Customer
Advice like don't stand in a drafty room with wet hair, to avoid catching colds, is.... does not offer much insight and is a bit to common-sense. Most of us would be able to think of these treatments, without the help of a large book. I will not allow publishers to get away, throwing such trash at us, and I will try to return the book to Rajenra Publishing House Ltd, where I had purchased it in India. They sent me half a kg of brochures on the book and happily I threw them into a waste paper basket. Again, a bit to simplistic for my tastes and knowlegde. Yusuf

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, Aug. 14 1998
By A Customer
I've had this book for about 5 years, and it's been very useful when I or one in my family gets sick. What I like most about the book is that it gives you remedies that don't mean heay medicines, for instance, honey, aspirin, alcohol, oatmeal, things that you usually have around your home. It contains an index of "illneses" like jet-lag, the flu, cramps, stomachaches, heartburn, fever, it tells you what to do and when, if necessary call the doctor. It is a highly recommended book, you won't waste your money here.

4.0 out of 5 stars Helpful advice for people with bad medical insurance benefit, July 20 2000
Carol A. Friedlander "Critical Mass" (Chicago, IL United States) - See all my reviews
I have used this book as a reference guide for everything between athelete's foot to zinc and I have found it to be very useful. In fact, I loaned the book to my brother and he refuses to give it back. I bought another copy for me and a few more for gifts. Not everything that they recommend works, but I have a high deductable for medical insurance, and I have saved many trips to the doctor by reading this book.

4.0 out of 5 stars If you want a useful book, this is it!, July 6 1997
By A Customer
This isn't one of those books that use esoteric herbs and strange cures that may or may not work. This book is full of advice by real doctors, meaning the advice is based on medical knowledge, not lore passed down from generations before.

It's also full of useful information on everyday problems ranging from stiff necks to insomnia. I'm very glad I got it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Doctors book of Home remedies, Sept. 9 2013
This review is from: The Doctors Book of Home Remedies Revised Edition (Mass Market Paperback)
Good book although I know about a lot of the home remedies. Great book for anyone with no knowledge about home remedies at all.

5.0 out of 5 stars a helpful reference, March 6 1998
mmotamed@aol.com (Northern California) - See all my reviews
This book, along with the Home Remedies 2 version, have been a staple in our home for several years. Practical advice well organized.

The Doctors Book of Home Remedies  Revised Edition
The Doctors Book of Home Remedies Revised Edition by Prevention Magazine Editors (Mass Market Paperback - July 1 2003)
CDN$ 10.99 CDN$ 9.89