5.0 out of 5 stars Remarkable Tale of Love, Loss and Sealife
A heart warming tale of strength in many forms - physical, emotional, the power of love.

Published on May 15 2010 by Sarah Butland

3.0 out of 5 stars A Decent Read
Overall, I liked this book. I didn't want to stop reading it at any moment, but I can't say it kept me riveted to my seat either. I could take it or leave it. The story was good, although I didn't enjoy the end as much as I had hoped. It was wrapped up to quickly to support such a long build up.

Also there was a side story about illegal fishing that didn't...
Published on Feb. 23 2008 by T. Wong

5.0 out of 5 stars Remarkable Tale of Love, Loss and Sealife, May 15 2010
This review is from: Summer of Roses (Hardcover)

The connection with Nova Scotia, my home province, was what caught my eye first and I am a huge fan of Luanne Rice. I was drawn to Rose, Lily's daughter who was born with heart conditions and continues to battle what ails her. Having just started my family stories like this are making me so appreciative of my own son's health. I have been privy to tales of abusive relationships and Lily's story is one that is experienced far too often.

When I read a novel, even though it's fictitious, I want to be able to take something out of it, to grow and this novel certainly did that for me. Very much recommended.

Sarah Butland

3.0 out of 5 stars A Decent Read, Feb. 23 2008
T. Wong (Winnipeg, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Summer of Roses (Paperback)

Also there was a side story about illegal fishing that didn't really have much of a point. It seemed like filler.

I loved the characters, and of course I was immediately attached to the young girl Rose who was born with Tetralogy of Fallot (like me). Actually, it was the reason I chose to read this book and Rice did a good job of researching it enough to be pretty accurate about the heart defect.

Summer of Roses
Summer of Roses by Luanne Rice (Paperback - May 30 2006)
CDN$ 9.99 CDN$ 9.49