Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage Personal Care Cook All-New Kindle Paperwhite Music Deals Store Fall Tools

Summer of Roses
Format: Mass Market PaperbackChange
Price:$9.49+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

A heart warming tale of strength in many forms - physical, emotional, the power of love.

The connection with Nova Scotia, my home province, was what caught my eye first and I am a huge fan of Luanne Rice. I was drawn to Rose, Lily's daughter who was born with heart conditions and continues to battle what ails her. Having just started my family stories like this are making me so appreciative of my own son's health. I have been privy to tales of abusive relationships and Lily's story is one that is experienced far too often.

When I read a novel, even though it's fictitious, I want to be able to take something out of it, to grow and this novel certainly did that for me. Very much recommended.

Sarah Butland
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
on February 23, 2008
Overall, I liked this book. I didn't want to stop reading it at any moment, but I can't say it kept me riveted to my seat either. I could take it or leave it. The story was good, although I didn't enjoy the end as much as I had hoped. It was wrapped up to quickly to support such a long build up.

Also there was a side story about illegal fishing that didn't really have much of a point. It seemed like filler.

I loved the characters, and of course I was immediately attached to the young girl Rose who was born with Tetralogy of Fallot (like me). Actually, it was the reason I chose to read this book and Rice did a good job of researching it enough to be pretty accurate about the heart defect.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again