5.0 out of 5 stars The Dark Garden.
Uh, wow! This is such a great, intense read! It's about the darker side of love and sex and there is a lot going on in this one--so beware! But it's all good and the story takes us into a totally different universe, where we can explore by the sidelines. I only wish there were more out there like this one. It's that good. Another good one: Whatever He Wants.
Published on Jan. 20 2009 by kellz

3.0 out of 5 stars So-So
I normally don't like to leave negative reviews as I find that disrepectful to the author who dedicated their time and efforts into their work.

Published 20 months ago by Lisa

3.0 out of 5 stars So-So, Nov. 1 2012
This review is from: The Dark Garden: A Novel (Paperback)

For the record, this is not a negative review. I had high hopes for this book but unfortunately, I found it only so-so. Oddly enough, I truly enjoyed the lead male's character. The female? Not so much. For me, she was the character that brought this book down in review stars for me. I don't think there was one thing about her character that I liked. Ugh!

The secondary story characters were great though. Eden Bradley could have gotten away with writing a whole book based on their interesting plot.

Sorry Eden, I love your books...but this one was not my favourite.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good read...couldn't put it down, Oct. 25 2012
This review is from: The Dark Garden: A Novel (Paperback)
I liked this book. I didn't fall in love with the characters but I liked them enough to want a happy ending. You don't really get a chance to fall in love with them, but I like the fact the author focused on two couples who are in the BDSM lifestyle and showed a different side to that lifestyle. You can find love...

5.0 out of 5 stars The Dark Garden., Jan. 20 2009

4.0 out of 5 stars Sensual., May 15 2007
Detra Fitch (USA) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: The Dark Garden: A Novel (Paperback)
Rowan Cassidy is a mistress at Club Privé. It is the most exclusive BDSM club on the west coast. The club used to mean so much to Rowan. Yet for the past few months, things have changed for Rowan. The submissive, beautiful, and obedient boys no longer tempt her. Though Rowan's body is bored, her imagination is not. She writes dark and lusty stories. Problem is that writing does not sate her the way she yearns for.

Both members of a couple cannot be Dom. When Christian Thorne enters the room, Rowan instantly knows he is a Dom; therefore, off limits for one such as her. Yet her body reacts to him in a way she has never felt before. So when Christian offers Rowan a deal, she accepts. Rowan gives Christian thirty days to "free" her true self, her Sub self. But Rowan is not the only one who unlocks the hot passion from deep within.

**** Be warned that no one under the age of seventeen should read this novel. This is not just erotica. This has a lot of BDSM. If you do not know what that is, then you are NOT ready for this walk on the dark side. The author devotes as much time to the blooming romance between the two main characters as she does to the sensual parts. The main male character is an artist, in more ways than one, which gives his character an added spark when it comes to touching and feeling. All-in-all, this is one HOT novel you won't soon forget. ****

Reviewed by Detra Fitch of Huntress Reviews.

3.0 out of 5 stars Alright, May 28 2009
This review is from: The Dark Garden: A Novel (Paperback)
The Dark Garden is good and I like that it had a different sort of plot regarding a Dom Mistress, Rowan Cassidy taking on a 30 day bet to become a Sub. It was a good angle but I was bored with details surrounding their possible future relationship. I really liked the Dom, Christian as well. To be honest, there really wasn't all the much BDSM between that couple. At least I thought that there would be more since they are the main characters.

The story did also include another couple, April and Decker. I actually preferred their storyline more and I would have rather have read their story.

Maybe it's just me but I'm getting really bored with the "same old same old" storyline of a previous bad relationship that prevents a promising new relationship from forming. I know that books require some sort of hindrance that holds back the main relationship forming and I think I actually groaned out loud when the author reverted back to the "bad previous relationship" angle hence why the woman turns herself into a martyr and denies herself happiness. *yawn*

4.0 out of 5 stars Twisted and Snappy, May 13 2009
This review is from: The Dark Garden: A Novel (Paperback)
I enjoyed this read thoroughly. The idea of a dom mistress being drawn to a dom male and discovering her sub side is kind of neat. The psychological struggle that Rowan Cassidy experiences is well drawn and drives the action forward.

The set ups for the sex can be somewhat long, but it acts like good foreplay so that once the characters get into "it" you are primed as a reader. Good romance for those who like the relationship angle but not too cliched as with Shayla Black's Wicked Ties, or Surrender which is a bit lame on that score.

This one is worth the money. You won't find yourself rereading the juicy bits as you might with Carrie's Story or Safe Word, but you will read through it fairly quickly and recommend it to others

The Dark Garden: A Novel
The Dark Garden: A Novel by Eden Bradley (Paperback - May 29 2007)
CDN$ 18.00 CDN$ 13.00